• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The eternal flame of Muslim outrage

Ockham

Noblesse oblige
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Michelle Malkin said:
The eternal flame of Muslim outrage
by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
Copyright 2010

Shhhhhhh, we’re told. Don’t protest the Ground Zero mosque. Don’t burn a Koran. It’ll imperil the troops. It’ll inflame tensions. The “Muslim world” will “explode” if it does not get its way, warns sharia-peddling imam Feisal Abdul Rauf. Pardon my national security-threatening impudence, but when is the “Muslim world” not ready to “explode”?

At the risk of provoking the ever-volatile Religion of Perpetual Outrage, let us count the little-noticed and forgotten ways.

Michelle Malkin » The eternal flame of Muslim outrage

A very good argument depicting, frankly, stupid occurrences which have outraged Muslims around the world. The problem is, other countries and businesses capitulate to the most idiotic of perceived atrocities against Islam --- like the Burger King ice cream lid logo in Britain. Is that REALLY the cause of outrage? Ice cream swirls ...

The issue at hand is: Maybe Christians have gotten a bad rap. Maybe to get some cred these days, the whole "turn the other cheek" stuff should be replaced with some AK-47's and C4 going off. (Not really but it does make one wonder). Maybe that's the only thing that makes government's and business take notice - when people die and property is destroyed. Radicals certainly have got some credibility --- don't burn a Quran or we'll get threats or worse... our troops will be endangered. Aren't they in danger already? And really... when swirls on an ice cream cup are a cause for Jihad ... I start to think we need to start demanding tolerance from Islam - instead of asking for it.

when you cave in to the "you can't do that or muslims will get mad and kill people" mentality, the radical muslims win.

Time for someone to stand up to them and say, "I don't give a rat's ass if it makes you mad, and if you kill innocent people because of it I will bomb your ass back to the stone age"

When is the last time the world heard a peep out of Moammar Gadhafi???

Michelle Malkin? Really?

The one who advocates putting arabs into concentration camps like the Japanese in WW2?

Michelle Malkin? Really?

The one who advocates putting arabs into concentration camps like the Japanese in WW2?

because nothing in that article was true... um yeah did you even read it?
?

Michelle Malkin? Really?

Hmm... in 2004 she reversed her 2000 stance on that.

Michelle Malkin said:
Liberal critics always ask if I’ve ever changed my mind about anything. Yes, I take back what I wrote in 2000; I have radically changed my mind about FDR’s actions to protect the homeland. And I hope to persuade you all to do the same.

Michelle Malkin » IN DEFENSE OF INTERNMENT

So now we know three things...
1). You're ill informed on Malkin
2). Malkin's position changed
3). You haven't dicussed the topic

Man... talk about cherry picking. Where's Deuce when you need him. He's got to see this. :lamo

Last edited:
I only read the Koran once, so maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed the whole philosophy was "be peaceful to people, as long as they like Mohammad". There was some good "love your brother" philosophy too, but it was definitely overshadowed by the fact that being righteous was only necessary between muslims. Anyone who isn't a muslim will have different standards applied.

Fortunately most people are sane, and are capable of separating out this philosophy with the real world. I work with a muslim, and we spar philosophically all the time, without any bad blood or hurt feelings.

Yeah, the inclination of so many people, businesses, and governments to Kowtow to the radical muslim outrage is pretty ****ing disgusting. It really does sicken me.

You know - two of those issues come from "a word or design having the design-symbolism akin to the word "Allah"."
If you look at the Arabic language it's VERY easy to have something resemble it - on pure accident. :shrug: What else could remotely look like this on accident?
Allah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can think of several things, if rendered artistically, can leave room for Allah-esque interpretation: the menorah, possibly some mountains. Medusa hair-snakes. Even the letters "W J" can look like "Allah" in their script.

But yet people are suppose to fear and respect them when they flip out over everything?

I use to try to get it - but I don't. I don't see how anyone can be *that* full of themselves and then somehow get respect for being a bunch of douches.

Back
Top Bottom