• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Establishment Uses The Atlantic To Attack Conservatives

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Reading the Atlantic article, it is really clear that the reason Republicans are upset is that the Heritage Foundation has ceased giving them intellectual cover for a drift away from conservatism. It is, in fact, a good thing that ideological ideas and a political party are not joined at the hip. But the Atlantic, Mickey Edwards, and the GOP leadership just don’t like it.

The Atlantic’s Heritage Hit Job Relies on an Obama Voter Without Disclosing It | RedState

The Fall of the Heritage Foundation and the Death of Republican Ideas - Molly Ball - The Atlantic

RINO's have lost a number of primary elections in the past few years, Rubio, Paul, Cruz, and others have gone on to win Republican seats displacing the establishment RINO's. I personally think obama would be wise to offer mcloser a registration card for the democratic party. Mcloser might be a war hero, worthy of honor and respect for such, but he's no Republican. He is a laughing stock of the Republican party, an extreme RINO who's clearly in it for his prestige and not for his actions.

Curious that the author of the blog post says this:

Second, Mickey Edwards has grown so liberal that he boycotted CPAC because it let Vice President Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh, and Glenn Beck speak.

(Because everyone acknowledge that only liberals oppose assholes like Cheney Limbaugh and Beck right?)

And then quickly follows it up with this:

Third, Mickey Edwards believes Howard Baker and Bob Dole in the Senate and Bob Michel in the House of Representatives were strong conservatives of principle

(Okay, if these men AREN'T strong conservatives of principle, well if I were a conservative I sure as hell wouldn't the aforementioned Cheney, Limbaugh, and Beck to be considered strong beacons of conservatism.)

So what exactly is the purpose of this article? Is the claim here that since Edwards is a supposed RINO that the Heritage Foundation isn't actually full of it? Seems to me like there's nothing more here than the traditionally pissing match between "conservatives" on who or what is actually "conservative."

Seems to me like there's nothing more here than the traditionally pissing match between "conservatives" on who or what is actually "conservative

Well, the title of this thread "The Establishment Uses The Atlantic To Attack Conservatives" pretty much summed that up, didn't it? ;)

There's no question as to who the conservatives are...(hint: it's not the Establishment)

Back
Top Bottom