• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Establishment Strikes Back...

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Exclusive

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn are using their leadership positions to pressure other Republicans to oppose Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) in his campaign to defund Obamacare.

Sickening, at a time when the GOP needs to show solidarity you've these two yellow-bellied vermin pulling this crap...

Exclusive

Sickening, at a time when the GOP needs to show solidarity you've these two yellow-bellied vermin pulling this crap...

Who? McConnell or Cruz? It seems the GOP in general doesn't know which way to turn on the issue. I've always found it strange that when they're not holding the presidency, US political parties don't seem to have any kind of unified leadership structure. Perhaps I'm wrong, but who exactly is the leader of the Republican Party? And who has authority to give official party recognition to an initiative?

Exclusive

Of course I do not know. But maybe that is, what their constituents want.

Who? McConnell or Cruz? It seems the GOP in general doesn't know which way to turn on the issue. I've always found it strange that when they're not holding the presidency, US political parties don't seem to have any kind of unified leadership structure. Perhaps I'm wrong, but who exactly is the leader of the Republican Party? And who has authority to give official party recognition to an initiative?

Well, this go around you have a unique situation where the Establishment has run a muck and despite Koch Bros funds you do have a lot of grass root support for new leadership. The current establishment are the worst of the very worst kinds of neocons. The establishment in the GOP are the corporatist swine which have disgraced the GOP for too long, Boehner, Cantor, McConnell, McCain, . They know that in order for Big Business to prevail than Big Government has to as well. The two are joined at the hip. For better or worse the alternative to them is this quasi libertarian/sorta social conservative Tea Party headed up by Cruz and Paul.

Out of the two I'm for the latter. If for no other reason than they've signed some pretty big checks their ass is gonna have to cash or they'll be ran out of Dodge faster than you can read these words.

The GOP up until this moment always held ranks. Whether it is opportunism, genuine outrage, or just an opportunity to be genuinely outraged, the People are fed up and a handful have heard the call and taken up the mantle. The New GOP.

Of course I do not know. But maybe that is, what their constituents want.

:lamo

THAT'S a GOOD one!!!!

Politicians listening to their constituents....

Whew, I haven't laughed that hard in a while....

:lamo

THAT'S a GOOD one!!!!

Politicians listening to their constituents....

Whew, I haven't laughed that hard in a while....

You mean your guys don't respond to your calls? Gee, I'm sorry to hear that.

You mean your guys don't respond to your calls? Gee, I'm sorry to hear that.

Oh they respond, so much they probably would like to bill for the costs of doing such. However I've got a Mr. DICK Durbin and an unfortunately scrambled soft Mark Kirk for Senators, so...

Yeah, it's so hard to get good help these days...

I guess John Cornyn's not interested in getting reelected. Tool.

No, he is serving his paymasters just fine. A meaningless "No" vote will be paraded around like a show pony and low information voters will marvel...

Back
Top Bottom