• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The end of Cyrpto

Crovax

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
lol no they can't

Crypto has always been on shaky ground but this could end up being the end of it. While countries have not had much resistance to crypto currency this could change things

I stayed away from crypto for good reason. The thing is a friggen energy hog far greater than probably even our gas usage. Dont get me started on NFTs, they are a bigger scam.

I stayed away from crypto for good reason. The thing is a friggen energy hog far greater than probably even our gas usage. Dont get me started on NFTs, they are a bigger scam.

Yes NFTs seem to only be a vehicle to launder crypto currency

Crypto has always been on shaky ground but this could end up being the end of it.
Not sure what leads you perceive cryptocurrency as something on shaky grounds, but how can it be ended? It's totally indestructible, unless the internet is totally shut down throughout the world. Are you saying the internet is going to be totally shut down? You'd have to be saying this, in order to be able to bring an end to it.

While countries have not had much resistance to crypto currency this could change things

Not true; there has been an EXTREME amount of resistance to cryptocurrency, yet despite this it has totally prevailed.

Not sure what leads you perceive cryptocurrency as something on shaky grounds, but how can it be ended? It's totally indestructible, unless the internet is totally shut down throughout the world. Are you saying the internet is going to be totally shut down? You'd have to be saying this, in order to be able to bring an end to it.

Just revealing the identity of who started bitcoin would cause a massive devaluation of it.

Then there's the structural problems of the chain growing to big which shows that it cannot ever be used as a currency for the everyday person.

Then of course there's the issue that most crypto is just money laundering

Not true; there has been an EXTREME amount of resistance to cryptocurrency, yet despite this it has totally prevailed.

Extreme resistance would be the US and EU banning crypto transactions and if Russia is able to evade sanctions through crypto that could easily happen.

That would be the end of crypto, and no I don't mean it will go away or the internet will shut down but it will be so worthless and people will have lost millions will just abandon the idea.

I think crypto haters are like Trump haters, and anti vaxx haters. They just can't let it play out for other people.

Extreme resistance would be the US and EU banning crypto transactions and if Russia is able to evade sanctions through crypto that could easily happen.
That would be the end of crypto, and no I don't mean it will go away or the internet will shut down but it will be so worthless and people will have lost millions will just abandon the idea.

I think it is safe to make a guarded prediction that THAT is about to happen.
If crypto turns into one of Putin's "WMD's" I wouldn't be surprised if US/EU slammed the door on it.

I think crypto haters are like Trump haters, and anti vaxx haters. They just can't let it play out for other people.

What about liberal haters such?

:rolleyes:

Everyone knows that a Trumpist's every accusation is a confession.

I did crypto for a while, and just got out of it. It wasn't worth the risk of losing it all.

A good friend has almost $200,000 invested in bitcoin and other cryptos, and refuses to get out of it. I told him - especially the way things are going right now - there's no way I'd tie up all my money in something that could go down so easily.

Attack on the power grid? You lose power.

You lose power? You lose internet.

You lose internet? You potentially lose your crypto money.

Granted, this is oversimplification, but either way - I'm not interested. Too much risk.

Back
Top Bottom