• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The End of Conservatism

Hatred of the Clinton's is pathological. They are not evil. Their political stances are not extreme. Even during the 1990's, when we enjoyed peace and prosperity, lots of white men hated Bill Clinton. That was sick. :twisted:

Your grasp of the word hatred, like most liberals, is totally without merit! I can't speak for all Conservatives, but I do not hate anyone, never have, neither does anyone in my family.
The word hate is overused to the point of nonsense! The Clintons are two of the biggest Crooks and Liars on the planet. That statement is a fact and has nothing to do with hate. The liberal's failure to comprehend that.....is what is pathological. Hillary started lying during the Watergate Investigation and was kicked out of the group. She has been lying all her life...all the way to Benghazi and her email server. This FBI investigation of her.... is long overdue.

Do you mean like one of the four businesses Trump drove into bankruptcy?

The four out of 50 or so you mean? Do you realize how many successful entrepreneurs have had failed businesses?

New Poll Shows Overwhelming Support for Major Minimum Wage Increase
Advocates Back Federal Legislation for $12.50 Wage Washington, DC—As a new Congress prepares to receive President Obama for his State of the Union Address, a new poll shows overwhelming public support for wages well in excess of proposals being considered in Congress.

The poll, conducted by Hart Research Associates, shows that 75% of Americans—including 53% of Republicans—support an increase in the federal minimum wage to $12.50 by 2020, and that 71% of Americans believe the minimum wage for tipped workers should be increased so that all workers are subject to the same wage floor. The poll (and related memo) also shows that 63% of Americans support an even greater increase in the minimum wage to $15.00 by 2020.
http://www.nelp.org/content/uploads/2015/03/PR-Federal-Minimum-Wage-Poll-Jan-2015.pdf

Those who criticize Donald Trump for not being a conservative are reactionaries who overestimate the appeal of the policies they desire.

The Minimum wage was designed for "Entry Level", "low skilled" workers. It was never meant to be a life long career wage on which to raise a family.

Burger flippers, dish washers, counter people, gas station attendants, etc. have low skills or work those jobs as a part time job. No employers should have to pay them the ridiculous wages they are asking for. Here on the west coast, the trend is toward $15 hr. That is absurd!

What I am starting to see from that is businesses closing, people being laid off and everything to the consumer costing more. **** THAT!!!

Last edited:
The Minimum wage was designed for "Entry Level", "low skilled" workers. It was never meant to be a life long career wage on which to raise a family.

Burger flippers, dish washers, counter people, gas station attendants, etc. have low skills or work those jobs as a part time job. No employers should have to pay them the ridiculous wages they are asking for. Here on the west coast, the trend is toward $15 hr. That is absurd!

What I am starting to see from that is businesses closing, people being laid off and everything to the consumer costing more. **** THAT!!!

what you are seemingly unable to see is millions of working people with a lot more money in their pockets to spend
and yes, now having an ability to pay the inflated prices of goods sold

The Clintons are two of the biggest Crooks and Liars on the planet. That statement is a fact and has nothing to do with hate. The liberal's failure to comprehend that.....is what is pathological.

Which 2016 Candidates Are The Biggest Liars According to Politifact?

By Paul Bibeau
Saturday Jul 25, 2015

Politifact [which won a Pulitzer Prize] from the Tampa Bay Times checks statements of candidates, politicians and advocacy groups for accuracy. It keeps a running breakdown of the results, which gives you a good, rough indicator of how often a person or group is lying to you.

I've listed the top presidential candidates in the polls in order of how often their statements are rated "Mostly False," "False," or "Pants on Fire!"...

Ben Carson - Lying Frequency 100% (Pants on Fire 0%; 3 statements)

Donald Trump - Lying Frequency 83% (Pants on Fire 21%; 29 statements)

Ted Cruz - Lying Frequency 70% (Pants on Fire 8%; 49 statements)...

Hillary Clinton - Lying Frequency 29% (Pants on Fire 2%; 114 statements)

Bernie Sanders - Lying Frequency 26% (Pants on Fire 0%; 23 statements)
Which 2016 Candidates Are The Biggest Liars According to Politifact?

--------

The Washington Post March 22

There’s never been a presidential candidate like Donald Trump — someone so cavalier about the facts and so unwilling to ever admit error, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. At last count, 68 percent (26 of 38) of our rulings of his statements turned out to be Four Pinocchios, our worst rating...

Donald Trump’s false comments connecting Mexican immigrants and crime
Donald Trump repeatedly defended his claim that the Mexican government is sending criminals and rapists to the United States. But a range of studies shows there is no evidence immigrants commit more crimes than native-born Americans...

Trump’s absurd claim that the ‘real’ unemployment rate is 42 percent
Trump’s made a ridiculous leap in logic to come up with his claim that the “real” unemployment rate was 42 percent — at a time when the official rate was 5.3 percent. He took an estimate for the number of people not working — 93 million — and assumed they were all unemployed. But the vast majority of those people do not want to work. Most are retired or simply not interested in working, such as stay-at-home parents...

Trump’s tax plan and his claim that ‘it’s going to cost me a fortune’
Trump pitched his tax plan as being tough on the wealthy, saying “it’s going to cost me a fortune.” Trump has not released his tax forms — though he claims he made $604 million in 2014. In going through the details of his plan, it appears clear that it would significantly reduce his taxes — and the taxes of his heirs. This was later confirmed by an analysis by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center...

Trump’s nonsensical claim he can eliminate $19 trillion in debt in eight years
In an interview with The Washington Post, Trump asserted he could eliminate the nation’s $19 trillion in debt in just eight years, apparently through renegotiating trade deals. Using federal budget data, we demonstrated why Trump’s pledge is mathematically impossible. First, he has to eliminate the deficit that is adding to the debt year after year. (That is projected to add another $7 trillion in debt by 2024.) Even if Trump eliminated every government function and shut down every Cabinet agency, he’d still be $16 trillion short.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-one-place/?tid=hybrid_experimentrandom_2_na

--------

Hillary Clinton is one of the two most honest presidential candidates in this primary, second only to Bernie Sanders. Donald Trump is a champion liar. Somehow facts do not matter to the Clinton haters.

Jobs like that are not entry level positions. They are dead end jobs. They do not provide the training and experience to move up to something better.

Jobs like that are not entry level positions. They are dead end jobs. They do not provide the training and experience to move up to something better.

Lots of people, including myself, started in jobs like that in high school and we managed to learn and move up to something better. Anyone who can't is an idiot.

Lots of people, including myself, started in jobs like that in high school and we managed to learn and move up to something better. Anyone who can't is an idiot.

Did you go to college? You may have learned valuable lessons in a minimum wage job. You probably rose to your present level for other reasons.

Did you go to college? You may have learned valuable lessons in a minimum wage job. You probably rose to your present level for other reasons.

Yes I did, but anyone who can get to work on time and do more than blindly be led around by the nose can learn enough to move up within whatever company they work for. I was already in management before I got to college, so a college education has nothing at all to do with it.

I totally agree.

I worked as a busboy, a cashier, a burger flipper, etc when I was in college, and those jobs didn't teach me anything but to be able to bus a table, ring up a purchase, and cook a halfway decent hamburger.

Yes I did, but anyone who can get to work on time and do more than blindly be led around by the nose can learn enough to move up within whatever company they work for. I was already in management before I got to college, so a college education has nothing at all to do with it.

I suppose that depends on what company you work for. I've worked for several companies where promotion or pay raises were exceptionally unlikely. Of course I had the good sense to leave those companies - not everyone who is a good employee or hard worker has good sense though.

I suppose that depends on what company you work for. I've worked for several companies where promotion or pay raises were exceptionally unlikely. Of course I had the good sense to leave those companies - not everyone who is a good employee or hard worker has good sense though.

Whose fault is that?

I suppose no ones fault. Low wage jobs don't teach people anything.

Sure they do. They teach people basic work skills. They teach people a basic work ethic. If someone chooses not to learn those lessons and move up to better jobs, that's their own fault.

Sure they do. They teach people basic work skills. They teach people a basic work ethic. If someone chooses not to learn those lessons and move up to better jobs, that's their own fault.

They teach you that taking out the trash is nasty. They teach you that cooking hamburgers is boring. I already knew that stuff. I also could have learned the same things at a higher paying job.

They teach you that taking out the trash is nasty. They teach you that cooking hamburgers is boring. I already knew that stuff. I also could have learned the same things at a higher paying job.

Then you should have gotten a higher paying job, if you could find one that would hire you.

Back
Top Bottom