• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The easy solution, imvho.

Summerwind

Hot Flash Mama
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Look I'm a liberal/progressive voter, live conservatively, but vote very liberally. All of this Obamacare stuff could be resolved pretty easily by opening the exchanges (ie it must be funded) but then drop the individual mandate for the same amount of time the corporate mandate has been dropped. IIRC it was 2 years, but that's besides the point. If Obamacare is any good, within two years we'll all know some that have joined the exchanges and whatnot. I realize that this puts a slight strain on insurance companies for a couple years, but they've been booming throughout the recession, they can share a little national pain for a couple years. That's my layman's very humble opinion.

Look I'm a liberal/progressive voter, live conservatively, but vote very liberally. All of this Obamacare stuff could be resolved pretty easily by opening the exchanges (ie it must be funded) but then drop the individual mandate for the same amount of time the corporate mandate has been dropped. IIRC it was 2 years, but that's besides the point. If Obamacare is any good, within two years we'll all know some that have joined the exchanges and whatnot. I realize that this puts a slight strain on insurance companies for a couple years, but they've been booming throughout the recession, they can share a little national pain for a couple years. That's my layman's very humble opinion.
That really wouldn't be a bad idea. :thumbs:

It's a good idea. Naturally, we'll never do it.

The entire legislation depends on the gun-to-the-head mandate.

It's not about health care. It's about soaking the rich. You can't soak the rich, if you give them the option of a towel to dry off.

Back
Top Bottom