• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Earth is Toast

Fisher

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Watch out for the hot flushes (a few billion years away): Earth enters its mid-life crisis - News - The Independent

Astrobiologists from Scotland’s St Andrew’s University have predicted a death date for the Earth, which is 4.54 billion-years-old, as 2000002013, making our home a relative 50 in human years.

According to leading scientist Jack O’Malley-James, life on Earth will perish in more than a billion years when a warming sun boils oceans and forces out CO2, damning plants and subsequently animals.

Most life will have died by the planet reaches 70s (or 6.5 billion-years-old), he says, with any microorganisms confined to pools of residual water

Well I WAS thinking about going to back to college, but I guess there's no point now.

:lamo

The government should be able to figure out some reasons for new taxes and regulations out of that.

Well I WAS thinking about going to back to college, but I guess there's no point now.

:lamo

Well with being able to download your brain into a 'puter in a few years, you might as well and just borrow the money from Uncle Baracky and stiff him for it.

I don't know about the earth being toast but I'm pretty sure that the moon is swiss cheese.

According to some very reliable internet sites I have visited, the earth is actually hollow and the gubermint has been hiding that from us, so I guess we can just all move inside and buy ourselves another billion years. You have to be careful though as there are some sites that will have you believe that the secret polar entrances are actually UFO landing sites.

Since that is a situtation that we can do nothing about, I will place it right after getting invaded by hostile aliens on my things to worry about list. ;)

Years ago they said the moon was cheese, nice try, but I'm calling BS on that one.

Well I WAS thinking about going to back to college, but I guess there's no point now. :lamo

Well considering how long it takes to teach an old dog new tricks:mrgreen:

If we are still around by then I doubt we will even be organic, so interstellar travel won't be an issue.

Watch out for the hot flushes (a few billion years away): Earth enters its mid-life crisis - News - The Independent

Astrobiologists from Scotland’s St Andrew’s University have predicted a death date for the Earth, which is 4.54 billion-years-old, as 2000002013, making our home a relative 50 in human years.

According to leading scientist Jack O’Malley-James, life on Earth will perish in more than a billion years when a warming sun boils oceans and forces out CO2, damning plants and subsequently animals.

Most life will have died by the planet reaches 70s (or 6.5 billion-years-old), he says, with any microorganisms confined to pools of residual water

Government action is needed NOW!

Have they broken the news to Al Gore yet?

According to some very reliable internet sites I have visited, the earth is actually hollow and the gubermint has been hiding that from us, so I guess we can just all move inside and buy ourselves another billion years. You have to be careful though as there are some sites that will have you believe that the secret polar entrances are actually UFO landing sites.

and that's a true fact.

;)

Calculating this out it confirms the Chicago Cubs will still be in a rebuilding stage that year.

Wrong wrong and wrong.

First, the earth isn't that old.

Second, only God knows when He will destroy the earth by fire.

Wrong wrong and wrong.

First, the earth isn't that old.

Second, only God knows when He will destroy the earth by fire.

Sort of. The Earth is only 4.536 Billion years old.

So you were close.

But God has put his plans quite clearly into the scientific body of knowledge, so its not only He who knows... its anyone smart enough to learn.

Back
Top Bottom