• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Earth is ~6022 Years Old

As the book of Genesis details. There were 10 generations before and after the flood. As a result, the earth did not exist billions of years before Adam was created on the 6th day.

But...but.. what about radiometric dating you say? Sorry, it may be a popular belief that radiometric dating proves the earth is old. That's not true at all. The parent daughter relationship to determine rate of decay in a rock uses assumptions that are neither testable or provable. Using faulty assumptions yield faulty time periods.

Not only are flawed assumptions used but Radiometric testing has been proven unreliable.

Examples;

* Mt St Helen's crater in 1996 had so many daughter atoms it was determined to be 350,000 years old.
* Lava flows in New Zealand known to be only 50 years old yet radiometric testing concluded it was 3.5 million years
* Basalt flows atop the Grand Canyon were tested using 3 different dating techniques that calculated 916 million years, 1.143 billion years and 2.6 billion years.

Bottom line. God created the world in 6 days ~4000 years before the birth of Jesus.

The flawed anti-biblical assumptions used to interpret rocks age were the primer to start questioning God's word

Rely on scripture.
You go ahead and rely on scripture. I will rely on what I think is reality.

is there anything specific that you don't think is good in the cartoon?
The way it argues against misrepresentations and not actual science. It's making strawmen to slay.
sometimes cartoons exaggerate to make the point if you remember watching them as a kid.
The point to lie about the opposition in order to have false victory?

That isn't making a point it's ego stroking

The way it argues against misrepresentations and not actual science. It's making strawmen to slay. The point to lie about the opposition in order to have false victory?

seeems accurate to me.

That isn't making a point it's ego stroking

if you find inaccuracies, i would be interested.

be blesssed. later.

seeems accurate to me.
yeah that's called bias it was designed to tell you what you want to hear not challenge your beliefs.

100% of it is inaccurate. Put aside your beliefs and think objectively it won't disillusion your belief in God unless you don't really believe.

is there anything specific that you don't think is good in the cartoon? sometimes cartoons exaggerate to make the point if you remember watching them as a kid.

blessings.

We can begin with the student promoting creationism in a class led by an arrogant professor (a stereotype created by the cartoonist).

There are several means for verifying the age of fossils. The strata in which they are found is just one method, it is not the only one.

Dating Rocks and Fossils Using Geologic Methods

seeems accurate to me.

be blesssed. later.
To add to what others have posted, there are numerous ways to date rocks and fossils. Some methods are good for relatively short periods - up to 60,000 years, while others are more effective on longer time spans. This page has a good overview.
https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/pe...entists use a variety,an animal or plant died.

As for evolution, copious writing exist explaining everything you could want to know. In short, the evidence for evolution by natural selection rests broadly on numerous branches of science, including: paleontology (the study of fossils), morphology (which studies the shapes of living organisms and their relationships), genetics, molecular biology, embryology, and biogeography. Evolution is widely considered to be the only theory that explains and connects observations from these disparate fields.

Back
Top Bottom