• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Drug War & Systemic Racism

Geoist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
More and more I am seeing people on the right, especially those with a libertarian-bent, saying the Drug War disproportionately hurt the minority communities. Interestingly, many of those same people will say there is no such thing as systemic racism. Are these people just disingenuous?

I think you'll find very few right-libertarians have fully thought through the consistency of their positions. It's interesting that now there's enough white people who like weed that it's becoming legal.

More and more I am seeing people on the right, especially those with a libertarian-bent, saying the Drug War disproportionately hurt the minority communities. Interestingly, many of those same people will say there is no such thing as systemic racism. Are these people just disingenuous?
How many breaks did the judge hand out to these people before they went to the pokie?

It was a question......... buddy :rolleyes:

A question that can only be fielded if it is based in reality. So either put up facts or move along.

How many breaks did the judge hand out to these people before they went to the pokie?
Lots of people have been sent to serious prison time for a first time offense of possessing a joint or a few milligrams of weed. Don't act like this is some rarity.

They are not racist they are suficiently intelligent to see people as individuals and understand the pressures on them.

They understand that economics drives a lot of life's choices and outcomes. They seek a world which is better for as many people as possible rather than simple power for themselves.

A question that can only be fielded if it is based in reality. So either put up facts or move along.

It is not unreasonably to ask the question.

How many times were they slapped on the wrist before the judge came down hard?

They are not racist they are suficiently intelligent to see people as individuals and understand the pressures on them.

They understand that economics drives a lot of life's choices and outcomes. They seek a world which is better for as many people as possible rather than simple power for themselves.

point.png

It is not unreasonably to ask the question.

How many times were they slapped on the wrist before the judge came down hard?

I don't know how many times, do you? In the end it doesn't matter. If you were black and caught with drugs you were far more likely to face harsh consequences than a white college student or a senator's kid, do you deny this?

And how many times did their nonviolent offenses cost them jobs and landed them in prison where they were away from their families, their children, their communities which only exacerbate the problems within those communities?

Anyways, right-libertarians have been arguing for years the Drug War had harsh consequences on black communities. How many of those right-libertarians, at the same time, deny systemic racism, is beyond comprehension.

Got the stats?
Let's skip the part where I show you a bunch of cases where first time offenders got prison time and you go about spreading your nonsense anyway. You know this happens but you lie anyway because you're dishonest and have an agenda.

The thread is about libertarians. If we need to know what a Trump stooge thinks about it we know how to find you.

Let's skip the part where I show you a bunch of cases where first time offenders got prison time and you go about spreading your nonsense anyway. You know this happens but you lie anyway because you're dishonest and have an agenda.

Judges are systemic racists?

Judges are systemic racists....we get it. :rolleyes:

Judges are products of the system. You think a judge could just throw out every non-violent drug offense from the 1970s-2010s and not face consequences for that?

Judges are products of the system. You think a judge could just throw out every non-violent drug offense from the 1970s-2010s and not face consequences for that?

How many have received a slap on the wrist with a fine before they were jailed?

You can't answer my question.

That's not your claim, your claim is that nobody goes to prison for a first time weed offense. You know this is false but you say it anyway. Why are you so dishonest?

That's a lie.

I never said nobody has never gone to jail for a weed offense.

How many have received a slap on the wrist with a fine before they were jailed?

You can't answer my question.

I'm not answering because it's a pointless question. I'm sure there were some 'nice' slaveowners who gave their slaves 'extra freedoms'. Doesn't make it okay and doesn't mean they didn't have a detrimental impact.

I'm not answering because it's a pointless question. I'm sure there were some 'nice' slaveowners who gave their slaves 'extra freedoms'. Doesn't make it okay and doesn't mean they didn't have a detrimental impact.

Nice..... now you are deflecting to slave owners.

Freaking shallow.

No I didn't, so stop lying.

I opened up by posing a question and you go straight to potato.

Who are "these people" you're talking about?

The answer is for many ZERO. Explain why you're ok with that.

Nice..... now you are deflecting to slave owners.

Freaking shallow.

Can't handle an analogy?

Tell me, why should I give a shit if a judge was 'lenient' on a nonviolent pothead?

Back
Top Bottom