• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The drought across Europe is drying up rivers, killing fish and shriveling crops

Pounding your own chest again. Then in that link, you dflat out lie about what my claims are.

Unlike you, I am not insecure, and I do not need to try to prove others wrong. You even lie about proving people wrong.

the only what your claims appear to prove me wrong, is by lying about what I have said. Every one of those claims in the link do not accurately reflect what I said.

You do this over and over. Why haven't you learned yet?

Ad hom.

That's your way of doing things.

Why can't you accurately recount my words?

Why do you misrepresent what I say? Is it intellectual deception, or ignorance?

We have been through this countless times, and you continue to twist my words.

The fact that you are incapable of properly repeating what I say, and crafting it into a win for you, shows just of dishonest you are.

More psychological projection.

Why do you insist on lying?

I provided examples and links to what you have said so anyone can go and see for themselves what was said and whether or not I proved you wrong or not.

Your not fooling anyone that is willing to go look for themselves.
You improperly paraphrased my words.

That is a lie, when it doesn't properly reflect my words. I ask that you stop being so dishonorable.

Britain is experiencing unprecedented drought, as is much of Western Europe, to include France and Spain.
Severe drought, fires, dried up reservoirs here in Portugal. It's very frightening.

You improperly paraphrased my words.

That is a lie, when it doesn't properly reflect my words. I ask that you stop being so dishonorable.
Prove it.

Oh, that's right... you are all talk and no proof.

Prove it.

Oh, that's right... you are all talk and no proof.
I have no need to prove squat. I'm not someone who has to prove others wrong to feel good about my self like you do.

I have no need to prove squat. I'm not someone who has to prove others wrong to feel good about my self like you do.
No... you just bully people and tell everyone how you know so much more than everyone else.

One somewhat cool side to that:
Key point.

Notice they say the worse drought in years. Not the worse drought ever.

Because you guys keep trying to say such reasons are why we must act immediately, squander money on problems that we may have no control over.

Once again, nothing to add to the debate. Only pot shots at me.

Say something new. Say something interesting. Your standard denier talking points got tiresome eons ago.
“Squander money” is an emotion-based phrase, not a thoughtful debate point.

Say something new. Say something interesting. Your standard denier talking points got tiresome eons ago.
“Squander money” is an emotion-based phrase, not a thoughtful debate point.
And there you go again, slandering me.

The problem is, the conclusions they came to were nothing concrete. Not quantified. This is the problem. The AGW side considers this settled, and everyone else wrong.

THAT IS NOT SCIENCE!
What??? What they concluded in the early 80s -- people who worked for Exxon -- is EXACTLY what is happening today. Nothing to counter, LOL -- we have all the evidence we need. And, without a shred of doubt, the excess of CO2 in our atmosphere is what is causing the climate change we are experiencing today.

Once again, nothing to add to the debate. Only pot shots at me.
The "worst" drought in years as opposed to the "worst" drought ever means we don't need to take immediate action? How? We have been abusing the planet for centuries. There is no time like now to reverse this behavior. There's just no excuse to continue with the abuse.

The "worst" drought in years as opposed to the "worst" drought ever means we don't need to take immediate action? How? We have been abusing the planet for centuries. There is no time like now to reverse this behavior. There's just no excuse to continue with the abuse.
That's not exactly how I would word it. I'm simply saying that it is flat out stupid to blame our actions for something that is possibly just natural.

That's not exactly how I would word it. I'm simply saying that it is flat out stupid to blame our actions for something that is possibly just natural.
I'm saying it's flat out stupid to quibble over 'worst in years' vs 'worst ever' OR 'possibly just natural' when the planet is obviously being badly abused and there are clearly many things we SHOULD be doing, no matter how you want to parse the bullshit.

I'm saying it's flat out stupid to quibble over 'worst in years' vs 'worst ever' OR 'possibly just natural' when the planet is obviously being badly abused and there are clearly many things we SHOULD be doing, no matter how you want to parse the bullshit.
Yes, we are damaging the planet. I focus on land use changes and actually pollution. For the agenda to be only focusing on greenhouse gasses, is a joke.

Yes, we are damaging the planet. I focus on land use changes and actually pollution. For the agenda to be only focusing on greenhouse gasses, is a joke.
It is not a joke when most of the warming is being caused by the GHGs. Your insistence that land use changes and pollution are causing more warming than GHGs just isn't supported by the science.

Do you think I am wrong? Then prove it.

Oh, that's right... you can almost never prove anything because you are all talk and no proof.

It is not a joke when most of the warming is being caused by the GHGs. Your insistence that land use changes and pollution are causing more warming than GHGs just isn't supported by the science.

Do you think I am wrong? Then prove it.

Oh, that's right... you can almost never prove anything because you are all talk and no proof.
Can you say "Irritant?" Are you proud of you obnoxious nature?

Can you say "Irritant?" Are you proud of you obnoxious nature?
If my fact-based and science-supported debunking of AGW denialism is irritating to you then you are obviously an AGW denialist.

And Yes... I am proud of my sometimes obnoxious nature because denialists like you are just as, if not more obnoxious than I am. And as far as I am concerned, you deserve it with all the lame insults and bullying you dish out.

Back
Top Bottom