• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Double Standard Against Males (cheating)

stsburns

American Infidel
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I don't if this is common thought the USA, but around here girls get around. Some girls are known for being easy, but some are completely unaware of their reputation. Their is this one girl that has sex with just about every other male I work with (and others that don't worth there), but gets jealous when someone more attractive and successful than her flirts her man. (called him a perv) The even sadder part of it, is they say (The word in town is) she terrible at sex. :doh She's never had lasting relationship, and has cheated on every boyfriend she ever had. She's a lost cause.

Another instance of this is. My brother was dating this girl for almost 3 years, then she met someone online. He coerced her to come to a private island with him and ditch my brother. Of course she went, but she said "nothing happened." My mom called her on it, but she felt as she did nothing wrong. After this incident my brother was always accused of cheating. She was son insecure that she actually showed up at his work and made a fool of him. He was so embarrassed. Then she accused him of cheating on her with a co-worker. I couldn't stop laughing cause I would be the first to know.

There are other instances of this even among the rich and well off.

So where are you on, girl screws everyone in town, but god forbid the guy steps out of line?

I don't if this is common thought the USA, but around here girls get around. Some girls are known for being easy, but some are completely unaware of their reputation. Their is this one girl that has sex with just about every other male I work with (and others that don't worth there), but gets jealous when someone more attractive and successful than her flirts her man. (called him a perv) The even sadder part of it, is they say (The word in town is) she terrible at sex. :doh She's never had lasting relationship, and has cheated on every boyfriend she ever had. She's a lost cause.

Another instance of this is. My brother was dating this girl for almost 3 years, then she met someone online. He coerced her to come to a private island with him and ditch my brother. Of course she went, but she said "nothing happened." My mom called her on it, but she felt as she did nothing wrong. After this incident my brother was always accused of cheating. She was son insecure that she actually showed up at his work and made a fool of him. He was so embarrassed. Then she accused him of cheating on her with a co-worker. I couldn't stop laughing cause I would be the first to know.

So where are you on, girl screws everyone in town, but god forbid the guy steps out of line?

No, I don't think there's a double standard. I think it's an example of how far a guy will go to keep his lay.

Unfortunately, it's common here as well. This is a phenomenon I've observed happening over the past 30 or so years. It used to be that men were laughed off as being womanizers and cheats. Men don't hold a candle to women, in this country, in that regard anymore. Life has gotten cheap.

The problem is that men are accused of cheating because men are physiologically programmed to screw anything that moves. Diagnosis - man's fault.

Women are believed to cheat because they are in an unfulfilled relationship where her boyfriend is not attentive to her needs. Diagnosis - man's fault.

Sometimes you just shrug your shoulders and let it go. People can think what they want.

The problem is that men are accused of cheating because men are physiologically programmed to screw anything that moves. Diagnosis - man's fault.

Women are believed to cheat because they are in an unfulfilled relationship where her boyfriend is not attentive to her needs. Diagnosis - man's fault.

Sometimes you just shrug your shoulders and let it go. People can think what they want.

Everything is the man's fault? Let me guess, you're married?

I think a lot of people cheat. It's just the sign of the times we live in. Everyone in my social circle, whether they are gay or straight, man or woman, has been cheated on in at least one partnership. It's epidemic.

There isn't a double standard. If anything the standard of being free and easy is becoming more universal.

Yeah, sadly that is true. Men may be physiologically programmed, but certainly no more than women are psychologically programmed to screw around on their SO. I don't care what people do in their personal lives, but it's not good for the family structure or for the human psyche to always be looking for that greener grass which doesn't exist in reality.

I know of as many male cheaters as I do female cheaters. The behaviors may vary, but the problem isn't unique to either gender in this day and age. Where cheaters are concerned, the personality type that lends itself to infidelity is not likely to share space with the personality type that lends itself to personal accountability and respect of partners. That said, if you serially cheat then you're probably not going to accept that you did something wrong, nor will you be likely to accept the distrust you breed in the relationship through your actions. How you manifest these traits might be specific to gender, but that's about as far as I'll go in "men v. women" in this argument.

I don't really see much of this "double standard". It seems that what you are describing is screwed up people who project their guilt onto their significant others. Men who cheat do the same thing, so I don't know how that qualifies as a "double standard". It's more like a "cheater's standard".

Moreover, in terms of how society views cheating, I think, to be honest, men get more of a pass then women do - although not an overwhelming past. A lot of times men are 'excused' from cheating, but women are condemned. Similarly, if a man cheats, the woman he cheated with often gets treated worse than the man does, so...

I don't really see much of this "double standard". It seems that what you are describing is screwed up people who project their guilt onto their significant others. Men who cheat do the same thing, so I don't know how that qualifies as a "double standard". It's more like a "cheater's standard".

Moreover, in terms of how society views cheating, I think, to be honest, men get more of a pass then women do - although not an overwhelming past. A lot of times men are 'excused' from cheating, but women are condemned. Similarly, if a man cheats, the woman he cheated with often gets treated worse than the man does, so...

All true. If a man cheats, the other woman he cheated with is instantly a "homewrecker" and everyone whips out the pitchforks...

All true. If a man cheats, the other woman he cheated with is instantly a "homewrecker" and everyone whips out the pitchforks...

except for the first guy who whipped something entirely different out.

I couldn't give less of a **** about the other people that other people ****.

People have a choice in who they decide to ****. They can choose to **** however many or however few other people they want to.

If a person only wants to **** a whore or a gigolo, that is their choice. If a person only wants to **** a virgin, that is their choice.

If you are in a relationship then you should discuss with that person the openness of that relationship so both people know what to expect. However, both people in that relationship should understand that that relationship can come to an end at any time for any reason by one of the people in that relationship.

It's not that there's a double standard. It's that there's a personal standard. So choose which standard you yourself want to have. And stop worrying about the standards that other people have for their own selves.

Firstly, I'm missing the double standard. A cheating woman gets labeled a homewrecker, and a cheating man gets labeled a womanizer. Each sex has their own scarlet letter for cheating.

Secondly, although I understand the intent of the OP was to point out the woman's cheating, I fail to see what relevance her number of partners has to that. She could have a high count and have never cheated in her life. I don't see why that was brought up.

Thirdly, cheating is not something that is going on "these days." Humans have never been strictly monogamous - ever. It's just that now we don't get murdered in the town square when we admit it. That's the only difference. And, both men and women have always cheated at reasonably high rates.

Finally, cheating is a sign of immaturity. It is a failure to communicate on the part of the cheating partner. It is always avoidable. Always. Sometimes weeks or even months in advance. And it is that fact that I think we need to be paying attention to, more than the sexual infidelity. That is the real issue. If anything is cheapening relationships, it's not some imaginary rise in cheating; it's reducing the entire issue down to copulation. The real issue is the failure to communicate, or the inability to consider their partner's feelings and their own obligation to honesty and loyalty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom