• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Dots are Getting Connected

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In an October 12, 2015 email from Sater to Trump Organization attorney Michael Cohen, titled “Andrey L. Kostin – CEO VTB Bank,” Stater said:

“Kostin who is Putins top finance guy and CEO of 2nd largest bank in Russia is on board and has indicated he would finance Trump Moscow. This is major for us, not only the financing aspect by Kostins position in Russia, extremely powerful and respected. Now all we need is Putin on board and we are golden, meeting with Putin and top deputy is tentatively set for the 14th. See buddy I can not only get Ivanka to spin in Putin’s Kremlin office chair[SUP]1[/SUP] on 30 minutes notice, I can also get a full meeting. I will call you later today to discuss getting the LOI signed.”

In a November 3, 2015 email from Sater to Cohen acknowledging receipt of the Trump-signed Letter of Intent (LOI) to build Trump Tower Moscowa copy of which the Committee possesses – Sater wrote,

“Buddy our boy can become President of the USA and we can engineer it. I will get all of Putin’s team to buy in on this.”

The House Intel Cmte had the above noted emails, yet Nunes and his GOP colleagues bought Cohen's testimony "hook, line and sinker," relying on Cohen's untruthful testimony to assert that there was no activity between Trump and Russia.

What is VTB Bank?

It is "a state-owned bank, and, together with its subsidiaries (“the VTB Group”), is Russia’s second-largest banking group. The VTB Group has more than 1,600 offices in Russia, and operates more than 30 banks in 23 countries across Europe, Asia, and Africa. The VTB Group offers financial services including retail, corporate and investment banking; brokering and other stock-market services; insurance; asset management for pension and unit funds; and leasing. VTB Bank’s shares are traded on the Moscow Exchange and on the London Stock Exchange."

VTB is also the parent of state-owned Bank of Moscow.

I note this because at the time that Trump's signing the LOI, it was illegal for Americans to do business with VTB Bank because the US had, a little more than a year earlier, "imposed [sanctions] prohibiting U.S. persons and persons within the United States from transacting in, providing financing for, or otherwise dealing in new debt of longer than 90 days maturity."

Trump actively negotiated to obtain a loan from a Russian bank from which it had, for over a year prior to his negotiations, been unlawful to obtain debt greater in term than three months....You don't think they were going to throw up a high rise luxury residential and hotel skyrise in 90 days, do you? Careful readers will recall too that Michael Steele noted that among Russia's tactics for compromising Trump and buying themselves a US election/POTUS appeared to be the one offering him lucrative real estate deals.

And how many times did Trump attempt to tell the American people that he had nothing to do with Russians, no connections or contacts with Russia, etc. etc? Quite a few.

When we finally get to see what documentary evidence -- letters, emails, recordings...maybe even video -- Cohen has proffered to Mueller even more dots will be connected for the American people.

How much longer can Trumpkins cleave to the notion there's no 'there' there as goes Trump and his dealings with Russia? What extent of unethical and unpatriotic, even if not illegal, forbearance and the GOP give? Where with them sits the line? Is there nothing Republicans won't tolerate so long as they they hold political sway?

Note:

1. What exactly does "get Ivanka to spin in Putin’s Kremlin office chair" mean? I don't know for sure -- it could be literal, figurative, or a bit of both -- but I know what it sounds like, and I know it refers to something that Sater (what an ironic name) had already brought to fruition.

When we finally get to see what documentary evidence -- letters, emails, recordings...maybe even video -- Cohen has proffered to Mueller even more dots will be connected for the American people.

How much longer can Trumpkins cleave to the notion there's no 'there' there as goes Trump and his dealings with Russia? What extent of unethical and unpatriotic, even if not illegal, forbearance and the GOP give? Where with them sits the line? Is there nothing Republicans won't tolerate so long as they they hold political sway?

I focused on this little (but telling) gem of your text. If something is NOT ILLEGAL (i.e. is perfectly legal) then despite your hyperbole someone deserves all the "forbearance" the law if not politics allows. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
I focused on this little (but telling) part of your text. If something is NOT ILLEGAL then someone deserves all the "forbearance" the law if not politics allows. :coffeepap:

You are welcome to yield the ethical high ground and it's duly noted that you have....Just don't start remarking about what's right and wrong and making normative statements about consequences of ethically reprehensible acts, and expect to be taken seriously when you do.

Last edited:
Everyone should read the excellent book by Craig Miller THE APPRENTICE. It provides great detail involving the thirty year courtship of Trump by the Russians and how they saved his bacon when he was facing going belly up and out of business.

The dots have been connected for a very long time now.

In an October 12, 2015 email from Sater to Trump Organization attorney Michael Cohen, titled “Andrey L. Kostin – CEO VTB Bank,” Stater said:

“Kostin who is Putins top finance guy and CEO of 2nd largest bank in Russia is on board and has indicated he would finance Trump Moscow. This is major for us, not only the financing aspect by Kostins position in Russia, extremely powerful and respected. Now all we need is Putin on board and we are golden, meeting with Putin and top deputy is tentatively set for the 14th. See buddy I can not only get Ivanka to spin in Putin’s Kremlin office chair[SUP]1[/SUP] on 30 minutes notice, I can also get a full meeting. I will call you later today to discuss getting the LOI signed.”

In a November 3, 2015 email from Sater to Cohen acknowledging receipt of the Trump-signed Letter of Intent (LOI) to build Trump Tower Moscowa copy of which the Committee possesses – Sater wrote,

“Buddy our boy can become President of the USA and we can engineer it. I will get all of Putin’s team to buy in on this.”

The House Intel Cmte had the above noted emails, yet Nunes and his GOP colleagues bought Cohen's testimony "hook, line and sinker," relying on Cohen's untruthful testimony to assert that there was no activity between Trump and Russia.

What is VTB Bank?

It is "a state-owned bank, and, together with its subsidiaries (“the VTB Group”), is Russia’s second-largest banking group. The VTB Group has more than 1,600 offices in Russia, and operates more than 30 banks in 23 countries across Europe, Asia, and Africa. The VTB Group offers financial services including retail, corporate and investment banking; brokering and other stock-market services; insurance; asset management for pension and unit funds; and leasing. VTB Bank’s shares are traded on the Moscow Exchange and on the London Stock Exchange."

I note this because at the time that Trump's signing the LOI, it was illegal for Americans to do business with VTB Bank because the US had, a little more than a year earlier, "imposed [sanctions] prohibiting U.S. persons and persons within the United States from transacting in, providing financing for, or otherwise dealing in new debt of longer than 90 days maturity."

Trump actively negotiated to obtain a loan from a Russian bank from which it had, for over a year prior to his negotiations, been unlawful to obtain debt greater in term than three months....You don't think they were going to throw up a high rise luxury residential and hotel skyrise in 90 days, do you? Careful readers will recall too that Michael Steele noted that among Russia's tactics for compromising Trump and buying themselves a US election/POTUS appeared to be the one offering him lucrative real estate deals.

And how many times did Trump attempt to tell the American people that he had nothing to do with Russians, no connections or contacts with Russia, etc. etc? Quite a few.

Note:

1. What exactly does "get Ivanka to spin in Putin’s Kremlin office chair" mean? I don't know for sure -- it could be literal, figurative, or a bit of both -- but I know what it sounds like, and I know it refers to something that Sater (what an ironic name) had already brought to fruition.

What makes you think Trump had any dealings with VTB Bank? I don't see that in the LOI. In the LOI, I see Trump selling his name, under certain conditions, to the developer. I don't see anything in there about Trump agreeing to borrow money from any bank.

Sounds to me like you aren't so much connecting dots, but manufacturing dots.

You are welcome to yield the ethical high ground and it's duly noted that you have....Just don't start remarking about what's right and wrong and making normative statements about consequences of ethically reprehensible acts, and expect to be taken seriously when you do.

Unlike most, I seldom try to argue from "moral high ground" which is often based on personal bias when it comes to what is or is not "moral." Whenever I do however, I try to make certain to state such is my "personal opinion" and not a fact.

In order for something to be "unethical" there has to be an accepted code of ethics which applies to the action being contemplated.

Strange how so many people argue about such ethics when pointing the finger at a particular target, while completely ignoring ethical issues when pointing to things they agree with.

For example, the lack of adherence to ethical codes when mental health professionals sign public letters "diagnosing" mental health issues in someone they have not actually "examined," as in a duly elected President.

Or when government officials violate their oaths of office to "leak" information designed to undermine their political opponents and the administration of a duly elected President.

Or when media outlets deliberately misrepresent (if not outright lie) about what they are reporting in order to present their target in the worst light possible.

All of these agents and agencies (and I could easily list examples of more) have CLEAR "codes of ethics" which they violate with apparent impunity and major support...as long as what they do provides support for the goals of those who happen to oppose the target of such actions.

Consider this when you argue from YOUR moral high ground. :coffeepap:

Last edited:

Unlike most, I seldom try to argue from "moral high ground" which is often based on personal bias when it comes to what is or is not "moral." Whenever I do however, I make certain to state such is my "personal opinion" and not a fact.

In order for something to be "unethical" there has to be an accepted code of ethics which applies to the action being contemplated.

Strange how so many people argue about such ethics when pointing the finger at a particular target, while completely ignoring ethical issues when pointing to things they agree with.

For example, the lack of adherence to ethical codes when mental health professionals sign letters diagnosing mental health issues in a duly elected President.

Or when government officials violate their oaths of office to "leak" information designed to undermine their political opponents and the administration of a duly elected President.

Or when media outlets deliberately misrepresent (if not outright lie) about what they are reporting in order to present their target in the worst light possible.

All of these agents and agencies (and I could easily list examples of more) have CLEAR "codes of ethics" which they violate with apparent impunity and major support...as long as what they do provides support for the goals of those who happen to oppose the target of such actions.

Red:
If you don't, you don't...But should you....

I must have missed the part in the LOI where they discussed Trump becoming president. What I saw was an October email, not a November one. Did I miss something and, if so, is there a chance someone can point me to where the statement regarding Russian assistance to the Trump campaign is?

I must have missed the part in the LOI where they discussed Trump becoming president. What I saw was an October email, not a November one. Did I miss something and, if so, is there a chance someone can point me to where the statement regarding Russian assistance to the Trump campaign is?

Did you click on and read the linked content?

Did you click on and read the linked content?

You linked to a 99 page report and a 253 page report. The link with the LOI shows an 18 page document which consists of one 10/13/15 email from Sater and 17 pages of an LOI with IC Expert Investment Company. There are also a bunch (dozens) of other documents available on that share file. No, I didn't read everything. I read email with the LOI as that seemed to be the one you were pointing to. I'd be happy to read some of the other stuff but, since I also have work to get done, I'd appreciate it is you could point me to which of those thousands of pages has the quote you cited.

You linked to a 99 page report and a 253 page report. The link with the LOI shows an 18 page document which consists of one 10/13/15 email from Sater and 17 pages of an LOI with IC Expert Investment Company. There are also a bunch (dozens) of other documents available on that share file. No, I didn't read everything. I read email with the LOI as that seemed to be the one you were pointing to. I'd be happy to read some of the other stuff but, since I also have work to get done, I'd appreciate it is you could point me to which of those thousands of pages has the quote you cited.

The October 12 quote is found on page 50 (or page 51, using the "cloud" site's pagination). The Nov. 3 remark in on the following page.

FWIW, the "cloud" site document has a search function. Using it to find the word "Kostin," which is a reasonably uncommon word in the quoted passage, would get you there....

Last edited:
The October 12 quote is found on page 50 (or page 51, using the "cloud" site's pagination). The Nov. 3 remark in on the following page.

FWIW, the "cloud" site document has a search function. Using it to find the word "Kostin," which is a reasonably uncommon word in the quoted passage, would get you there....

So the source documents aren't available. The quotes were lifted from the minority report. Without the source documents we are at somewhat of a disadvantage regarding the context of the quoted subject matter.

Unlike most, I seldom try to argue from "moral high ground" which is often based on personal bias when it comes to what is or is not "moral.

- Preached from the moral high ground.

What is VTB Bank?

Note:

mueller mmakes up the dots.jpg

Everyone should read the excellent book by Craig Miller THE APPRENTICE. It provides great detail involving the thirty year courtship of Trump by the Russians and how they saved his bacon when he was facing going belly up and out of business.

i guess trump will be removed from office now...

:lamo

i guess trump will be removed from office now...

:lamo

Right. I just don’t see where the problem is with this stuff. Trump, through Cohen, seems to gane been negotiating a licensing agreement with a Russian investment company. The Russians were going to build and own the property while paying the Trump organization a fee for using the Trump name. There is simply nothing unusual about such an agreement and, without the context of the source documents cited, all the other stuff can be chalked up to friendly banter.

Right. I just don’t see where the problem is with this stuff. Trump, through Cohen, seems to gane been negotiating a licensing agreement with a Russian investment company. The Russians were going to build and own the property while paying the Trump organization a fee for using the Trump name. There is simply nothing unusual about such an agreement and, without the context of the source documents cited, all the other stuff can be chalked up to friendly banter.

obama was in bed with russia and the alt left radicals never said a word. thats why i laugh hysterically when they whine about trump.

oh by the way, trump just crapped on russia yet again!

lol (laugh out loud) at fake alt left outrage

The Leftninny Doofi flipout over anything having to do with business, as they expect all elected officials to be lifelong members of the Politburo, completely dependent on the public teat.

So the source documents aren't available. The quotes were lifted from the minority report. Without the source documents we are at somewhat of a disadvantage regarding the context of the quoted subject matter.

The source document exhibit is referenced -- you did bother to read the footnote, right? -- as:
HPSCI, Felix Sater Document Production, Email from Felix Sater to Michael Cohen, “Andrey L. Kostin – CEO
VTB Bank,” October 12, 2015. [Bates #FSHR00001]​
What that tells you is that the email was provided to the House Select Cmte on Intelligence by Felix Sater (or his attorney) and that the document (exhibit, or as Congress calls them "productions"), when the majority gets a "round tuit," its unique reference identifier (Bates number) will be "FSHR00001."

You can call your member of Congress to ask for it. I don't know whether s/he'll provide it to you in advance of all other exhibits having been released.

I heard that the billionaire, international, real estate entrepreneur was also looking into international real estate developments!!!

IMPEACH!!! IMPEACH!! :lamo

You know of the Deutsche Bank raid this (?) morning, right? Documents and records that raid will yield are sure to contain Trump-related content...what specifically remains to be seen, but if the "smoke" we've all seen for the past, what 3 years is any indicator, something there will corroborate information about which we until now have only been able to posit but not prove....More dots just waiting to get connected.....
  • Deutsche Bank Offices Are Searched in Money Laundering Investigation

You know of the Deutsche Bank raid this (?) morning, right? Documents and records that raid will yield are sure to contain Trump-related content...what specifically remains to be seen, but if the "smoke" we've all seen for the past, what 3 years is any indicator, something there will corroborate information about which we until now have only been able to posit but not prove....More dots just waiting to get connected.....
  • Deutsche Bank Offices Are Searched in Money Laundering Investigation

Seems to me you are now just HOPING for some dots. I won't be holding my breath while you wait. You shouldn't either.

At least you aren't creating dots out of thin air now.

Seems to me you are now just HOPING for some dots. I won't be holding my breath while you wait. You shouldn't either.

At least you aren't creating dots out of thin air now.

That's because you support a crook like Trump and co and your comments are about as moral as Trump when he walked in on underage teens naked.

Good thing your opinion counts for zilch and the investigation continues despite your worthless ideology worship of Trump.

Um no, that is just a right wing nut job lie.

is it a right wing lie when obama hussien is the one saying it? lol (laugh out loud). funny how russia hacked us during obama...after he pledged to bow down to them after the election

Back
Top Bottom