• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Doomsday Glacier

I'm glad I'm 74.

Right behind you there, my friend. I have been a climate watcher/activist since the early 80's when we ran the first serious news story on in Canada.

I've been saying for at least ten years I am glad that I won't see what's coming. Based on the last two summers I dread the future.

PS We've had a carbon tax in this province since the 90's. Not ONE DIME has been spent on counter measures or even an 'awareness campaign'

Right behind you there, my friend. I have been a climate watcher/activist since the early 80's when we ran the first serious news story on in Canada
My dad was involved in a lot of the research leading up to that in the 70s, in the Canadian Fisheries Department.

Sadly, most of his work was destroyed along with that of his colleagues going all the way back to the Challenger Expedition, when Harper "accidentally" had the libraries' contents removed and burned.

What's really scary about this melt off is that it won't stay melted for long.

That much fresh, low-alkalinity water added could have a serious effect on the flow and the location of the gulf stream, in which case you get the big freeze (ie, start at Boston and draw a line around the globe at the same latitude. Forget about everything North of that.)

I'm glad I'm 74.
Yes, and if you check the facts, this really doesn't matter. I have read the paper this is based on. Linked it in another thread.

The media, once again, is misrepresenting the facts, for the sensationalism.

Reactions: PoS
Whatever happens happens.

It's not earth hasn't seen it already.

Yes, and if you check the facts, this really doesn't matter. I have read the paper this is based on. Linked it in another thread.

The media, once again, is misrepresenting the facts, for the sensationalism.
LOL I get a big laugh everytime news like these comes out and seeing all the chicken littles clucking around saying the sky is falling.

LOL I get a big laugh everytime news like these comes out and seeing all the chicken littles clucking around saying the sky is falling.
How many times has the sky fallen now?

Seems to still be there.

Back
Top Bottom