• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The doc called...

So, I got the CAT scan results today.

He said my lung nodule was pretty much stable, but the lesions on my liver had enlarged somewhat and a few more had become large enough to be visible.

He recommended a new regime of a chemo drug called Opdivo. It's been on TV. Something new. I'll get it in two weeks.

I guess it's good news that the doc wants to continue to treat, but something new is Spooky because of unknown side effects. Just had chemo a week ago and today is the first time I've felt decent since. Oh well. I'll shake it off.

Tomorrow going to Gene & Georgetti's Steak House in Rosemont, IL. They were just featured on the Food Network. They wet age their steaks 45 days or something like that. Wow!

Got back last week after spending NYE in Palm Harbor, FL with my cousin and her husband. Great time. I'm a lucky girl!

Girls Night Out next week. I'll be top of the mornin' by then. Ready for laughs. I'm just really tired after chemo. Takes about ten days to shake it. Though I heard a rumor that wet aged steaks are an immediate cure.

Thanks for listening! All in all? Good news!!

Any good news is great. Have a good dinner at the steakhouse, Maggie- you deserve it for all that youve been putting up with.

You're strong as hell Maggie. You stay positive even when the chips are down. Everyone here is rooting for you.

With your attitude about all of this you surely will prevail Maggie, because attitude counts for so much. Stay strong, keep the faith, and here's to hopefully many stable and improved results in the future!

Thank you, all. Your posts of encouragement mean everything.

You inspire me young lady. You truly do. And I know you are going to make it and outlive most of us here. And in fine style also.

Enjoy that steak!!!

I think you should go for the steaks.

I did, JOG! Deeelish! I had a 10-oz filet mignonette and Tom had a rib eye. Wet aged. Both came with a large shared plate of cottage fries and a wedge salad. The steaks were melt-in-your-mouth tender and very flavorful. We shared carrot cake for dessert.

They've been around for 75 years. The inside, rich with wood paneling, reminded us of a Wisconsin supper club. Excellent service. A special occasion kind of place, but I'm convincing myself that every day lately is a special occasion. ;)

MaggieD;bt3831 said:
I did, JOG! Deeelish! I had a 10-oz filet mignonette and Tom had a rib eye. Wet aged. Both came with a large shared plate of cottage fries and a wedge salad. The steaks were melt-in-your-mouth tender and very flavorful. We shared carrot cake for dessert.

They've been around for 75 years. The inside, rich with wood paneling, reminded us of a Wisconsin supper club. Excellent service. A special occasion kind of place, but I'm convincing myself that every day lately is a special occasion. ;)

Wish I could've been there with you ... for lots of reasons.
My best to ya.

Good morning Maggie - just catching up on your latest entry.

I have to say, with a little embarrassment, that you're more active in your life than I am in mine and I have no excuses.

Take care and know I and multitudes here have you in our thoughts and prayer.

Keep your head up Maggie, everyone here is rooting for you!

We don't agree on a lot but that doesn't and shouldn't change the fact that I'm rooting for yeah Maggie and I hope this only means more of an upswing for you and your health! Wet aged steaks may not be an immediate cure, but I gotta say they are definitely well worth a try!

Great Zen attitude Maggie. Always enjoy the moment. We've all had great blessings in this Nation and take it for granted. Your life is your friends and make sure you enjoy them. Keep on keepin' on. You'll be in my prayers, although I'm not sure if I have any stroke in that area.

Lookup Low Dose Naltrexone. My uncle used it to fix his thyroid cancer!

Back
Top Bottom