• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The DNC, MSNBC and Bernie Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by WikileaksTwitter

Democrat Chair DWS called Pres of MSNBC Phil Griffin to stop @Morning_Joe being so sympathetic to Sanders

After reading the email it seems that DWS was just responding to Mica's on air demand that she "should step down." DWS didn't say anything about Bernie. It was Mica that said the Dem primary "has been unfair" to Sanders.

The header of the email is quoting MSNBC's Mica Brzezinski...

MSNBC’s Brzezinski: Wasserman Schultz ‘Should Step Down,’ Dem Primary ‘Has Been Unfair’ To Sanders.​

Apparently, Mica had been harping on DWS for months before that email about the scheduling of the debates and how unfair the DNC was to Bernie. The email was about the spat was between Mica and Wasserman Shultz ...and not about stopping Morning Joe from being sympathetic to Sanders.

I must say, so far I'm not very impressed with the revelations coming from the hacked the DNC emails. They seem pretty tame compared to big sensational build up they've been getting. So far there's just no real 'ahh ha' there.

After reading the email it seems that DWS was just responding to Mica's on air demand that she "should step down." DWS didn't say anything about Bernie. It was Mica that said the Dem primary "has been unfair" to Sanders.

MSNBC’s Brzezinski: Wasserman Schultz ‘Should Step Down,’ Dem Primary ‘Has Been Unfair’ To Sanders.​

Apparently, Mica had been harping on DWS for months before that email about the scheduling of the debates and how unfair the DNC was to Bernie. The email was about the spat was between Mica and Wasserman Shultz ...and not about stopping Morning Joe from being sympathetic to Sanders.

I must say, so far I'm not very impressed with the revelations coming from the hacked the DNC emails. They seem pretty tame compared to big sensational build up they've been getting. So far there's just no real 'ahh ha' there.

Why does she get a say on what a supposed independent news network gets to do?
Why does she get to call the head of the organization to tell them to censor one of their show hosts?

Sorry, it seems that the separation between media and state is becoming blurred.

Why does she get to call the head of the organization to tell them to censor one of their show hosts?

Sorry, it seems that the separation between media and state is becoming blurred.

Good grief, she was simply asking for an apology. Usually, that would be considered a civil course of action when one been insulted or unfairly attacked by the media. Don't know if she ever got one though...do you?

The rules at the DNC are the same rules they've had in place since Reagan. So blaming DWS probably was nothing more than a political ploy to get sympathy for Bernie.

Btw...the DNC is not the "state". It's a political party. lol

Good grief, she was simply asking for an apology. Usually, that would be considered a civil course of action when one been insulted or unfairly attacked by the media. Don't know if she ever got one though...do you?

The rules at the DNC are the same rules they've had in place since Reagan. So blaming DWS probably was nothing more than a political ploy to get sympathy for Bernie.

Btw...the DNC is not the "state". It's a political party. lol

At this point both the GOP and DNC are the state, they're practically inseparable.
I'm checking out the Bernie reddit, they allegedly found emails confirming the DNC laundering money for Hillary.

At this point both the GOP and DNC are the state, they're practically inseparable.
I'm checking out the Bernie reddit, they allegedly found emails confirming the DNC laundering money for Hillary.

I already looked...there's nothing there that you can't read in WaPo, Politico, NYT, etc. Most of the emails appear to be forwarded news articles about Sanders making the accusation of money laundering based on a Politico article.

I already looked...there's nothing there that you can't read in WaPo, Politico, NYT, etc. Most of the emails appear to be forwarded news articles about Sanders making the accusation of money laundering based on a Politico article.

I don't know but I said allegedly.
So it's not for sure, but it's rather clear that they violated their own party rules in regards to Bernie.
They favored Clinton from the start, he had no chance.

I don't know but I said allegedly.
So it's not for sure, but it's rather clear that they violated their own party rules in regards to Bernie.
They favored Clinton from the start, he had no chance.

He knew he didn't have a chance to win when he got in the race late, with no money, no delegates and no endorsements. That he got as far as he did in the race with just online donations blew his mind as much as it did everyone else's. What Bernie did was amazing and he deserves a lot of credit and has earned himself a lot of clout in the party. Now they have to take him seriously and rightly so. It's a new dawn for the party and Bernie was the wake up call...imo.

He knew he didn't have a chance to win when he got in the race late, with no money, no delegates and no endorsements. That he got as far as he did in the race with just online donations blew his mind as much as it did everyone else's. What Bernie did was amazing and he deserves a lot of credit and has earned himself a lot of clout in the party. Now they have to take him seriously and rightly so. It's a new dawn for the party and Bernie was the wake up call...imo.

Doesn't matter the emails practically confirm that the party conspired against him to lose, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the a GOP email hack.
To be a fly on that wall would be just as amazing.

Doesn't matter the emails practically confirm that the party conspired against him to lose, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the a GOP email hack.
To be a fly on that wall would be just as amazing.

The emails are too vague to confirm anything which makes them easy to spin and misinterpret like you just did just a few posts ago.

Has been blurred, for many years, perhaps decades. It is so blurred it is hand-in-glove.

Maybe it was in full swing when the League Of Women Voters was no longer involved in the presidential debates?

So what do you think DWS meant by writing:

"This is the LAST straw. Please call Phil a Griffin. This is outrageous. She needs to apologize."​

What would Mika need to apologize for?

What other "straws" was DWS referring to? Typically, when someone says "last straw" it means there have been previous warnings about something.

Poor Comrade BS. He got the royal screwing over. :lol:

only confirms Mika was right

dws should be tossed ... and appears she is on her way out

Has been blurred, for many years, perhaps decades. It is so blurred it is hand-in-glove.

Maybe it was in full swing when the League Of Women Voters was no longer involved in the presidential debates?

I don't think there ever was a line between the state and the press. Whether its print or television, the media has always looked to sell its own point of view by claiming to present the news in a "fair and balanced" way while, in fact, doing exactly the opposite. Similarly, from day one of our Republic (and earlier), politicians have used sympathetic press to promote their own agendas. It's not news that the DNC and MSNBC are buttering each other's bread - it's part of the "great" tradition of America.

Nor should we be surprised or offended that the DNC favored Clinton over Sanders. Political parties are not bastions of democracy - in fact, they were pointedly not mentioned in the Constitution. The parties exist for the sole purpose of selecting and promoting candidates who can win. Democratic institutions like primaries, caucuses, debates and (of course) conventions play only a strictly controlled role in this selection process.

The remaining question is whether or not this is really a bad thing. The variety of media certainly provides opportunities for anyone who is interested to learn the whole truth. You just can't get it from any one place. And the nomination of Donald Trump is a cautionary tale about what happens when the party machinery breaks down and actually allows democracy to determine a candidate. I'll take the DNC's flawed candidate over the RNC's incompetent one any day.

So what do you think DWS meant by writing:

"This is the LAST straw. Please call Phil a Griffin. This is outrageous. She needs to apologize."​

What would Mika need to apologize for?

What other "straws" was DWS referring to? Typically, when someone says "last straw" it means there have been previous warnings about something.

I think DWS was "outraged" that Mica said she "should step down" and so she wanted an apology.

Apparently, Mica had been sniping and ragging on DWS for months about scheduling more debates...but when she demanded DWS step down....that was the last straw for DSW.

Why is that so difficult to understand? :shrug:

Does it matter.
The DNC played dirty, people have every right to be angry.

Anger is a pointless emotion that deprives people of their sense of reason. Wikileaks did this to reopen the infighting of the democratic primary.

The only other reason I can fathom for wikileaks motive is that they want the democrats divided and disillusioned. Now I am not a fan of puppeteers but I have a nagging fear that someone is pulling wikileak's strings

Lots of smoke. Not alot of fire. If someone has been calling on you to be fired or step down, it seems reasonable that you call up that person or her boss and tell them to stfu.

Anger is a pointless emotion that deprives people of their sense of reason. Wikileaks did this to reopen the infighting of the democratic primary.

The only other reason I can fathom for wikileaks motive is that they want the democrats divided and disillusioned. Now I am not a fan of puppeteers but I have a nagging fear that someone is pulling wikileak's strings

Probably true.
Again though, what's done is done.

Now we know the more truth and it was what a lot of people suspected.
I'd feel the same if it were the GOP emails.
Slimeballs need to be exposed sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom