• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The DNC, MSNBC and Bernie Sanders

I think DWS was "outraged" that Mica said she "should step down" and so she wanted an apology.

Apparently, Mica had been sniping and ragging on DWS for months about scheduling more debates...but when she demanded DWS step down....that was the last straw for DSW.

Why is that so difficult to understand? :shrug:

Who the heck is DWS to demand an apology? What makes her think she can call the head of a news channel and get them to jump?

You're explanation and dismissal doesn't pass muster.

Who the heck is DWS to demand an apology? What makes her think she can call the head of a news channel and get them to jump?

You're explanation and dismissal doesn't pass muster.

Who does she have to be to demand an apology? Your faux indignation doesn't pass muster, either.

Who does she have to be to demand an apology? Your faux indignation doesn't pass muster, either.

It was a fairly simple question. Perhaps it was too complex for you to understand.

Nothing new has been revealed to me. The reality of the partnership between the DNC and MSNBC was carved in stone long ago.

What you're trying to float in light of the truth exposed in the email is a bit bizarre.

It was a fairly simple question. Perhaps it was too complex for you to understand.

Nothing new has been revealed to me. The reality of the partnership between the DNC and MSNBC was carved in stone long ago.

What you're trying to float in light of the truth exposed in the email is a bit bizarre.

It's common knowledge that the RNC is partnered with FoxNews. So why would it surprise anyone that the DNC is partnered with MSNBC? And why is that suddenly a panty wad issue for so many conservatives?

It's common knowledge that the RNC is partnered with FoxNews. So why would it surprise anyone that the DNC is partnered with MSNBC? And why is that suddenly a panty wad issue for so many conservatives?

:lamo

And your post changes what about the issue detailed in the OP?

I haven't suggested such relationships don't exist with other venues.

You're the one arguing no connection exists and the email simply was in reference to a feud DWS has been having with Mika.

This has slipped into the Twilight Zone. I think I'll turn the channel.

Have a nice day.

I don't think there ever was a line between the state and the press. Whether its print or television, the media has always looked to sell its own point of view by claiming to present the news in a "fair and balanced" way while, in fact, doing exactly the opposite. Similarly, from day one of our Republic (and earlier), politicians have used sympathetic press to promote their own agendas. It's not news that the DNC and MSNBC are buttering each other's bread - it's part of the "great" tradition of America.

Nor should we be surprised or offended that the DNC favored Clinton over Sanders. Political parties are not bastions of democracy - in fact, they were pointedly not mentioned in the Constitution. The parties exist for the sole purpose of selecting and promoting candidates who can win. Democratic institutions like primaries, caucuses, debates and (of course) conventions play only a strictly controlled role in this selection process.

The remaining question is whether or not this is really a bad thing. The variety of media certainly provides opportunities for anyone who is interested to learn the whole truth. You just can't get it from any one place. And the nomination of Donald Trump is a cautionary tale about what happens when the party machinery breaks down and actually allows democracy to determine a candidate. I'll take the DNC's flawed candidate over the RNC's incompetent one any day.

And I will be voting for Johnson-Weld, thank you.

As for the media, I'm a big fan of H.L. Mencken and his style of confronting and asking tough questions of government officials.

Between the corporate influence and monopoly today, and the CIA influence in the media, I believe precious little of what they have to say. That is, EVERYTHING they say advances some sort of agenda, and seldom is truth that agenda. I watch and read mainstream media mostly to discover how they want me to think.

Back
Top Bottom