• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The DNC Is Dominating the RNC in TV Ratings

X, dear, the point is that Trump thinks ratings do matter. We can enjoy Trump's disappointment in 2nd place in the ratings whether we think they actually matter or not.

Then the ratings matter to you, darlin’.

Republicans are not as partisan by nature, and some will go out of their way to watch the opposition, either to cement their view of it or see if they are worthy. There is no such equivalent on the new left, liberals are mostly a monolithic group these days, if you have a liberal critical thinker who is active in knowledge gathering (head not in sand, willingly or otherwise), he or she is now a Republican, or an independent.

Being from the bubble previously, I can see how incredibly powerful propaganda and peer pressure is, not only to support your views but also to create a feeling of "otherness" by gaslighting, misrepresenting the opposition, it's an art form and the left has it down to a science.

There are many liberals, even active ones in the media, who will write articles about how the right wing is going too far right, or how the media is "right biased", or how the Republican Party has moved so far right it's not even reachable, it's absolute insanity to even read this but yet young liberals in cities believe all that, as if the world started spinning when they were born.

Then the ratings matter to you, darlin’.

Not really. I didn't watch either convention. They're kind of boring. I did see Kimberly's speech the next morning. Definite fuel for satire there!

You should watch from the corner then

With his resignations, IDGAF about Becki, she's not my type....

IDK though, I could do it, if Jerry can kick me some scratch though, for inspiration (would never "man whore" myself ya know), she's not ugly anyway ;)

Republicans are not as partisan by nature, and some will go out of their way to watch the opposition, either to cement their view of it or see if they are worthy. There is no such equivalent on the new left, liberals are mostly a monolithic group these days, if you have a liberal critical thinker who is active in knowledge gathering (head not in sand, willingly or otherwise), he or she is now a Republican, or an independent.

Being from the bubble previously, I can see how incredibly powerful propaganda and peer pressure is, not only to support your views but also to create a feeling of "otherness" by gaslighting, misrepresenting the opposition, it's an art form and the left has it down to a science.

There are many liberals, even active ones in the media, who will write articles about how the right wing is going too far right, or how the media is "right biased", or how the Republican Party has moved so far right it's not even reachable, it's absolute insanity to even read this but yet young liberals in cities believe all that, as if the world started spinning when they were born.

Direct from the bizarro universe!

Trump’s not the one that claims ratings are meaningless anytime Rush or Fox News cleans up in the ratings. :lol:

But he does like to brag about his ratings. Ecen on his briefing on a pandemic, what he bragged about was how great his ratings were.

But he does like to brag about his ratings. Ecen on his briefing on a pandemic, what he bragged about was how great his ratings were.

Well that looks the exact opposite of saying ratings don’t matter which is the point.

Shouldn't you get back to your worship? That portraitbif Trump isn't going to wave incense at itself.

I’m incensed by that suggestion. It’s sage.

Well that looks the exact opposite of saying ratings don’t matter which is the point.

People were tuning in to hear what goofball thing he would say next. Ratings don't always mean political approval.

hang on.

i thought that one thread that used only one TV channel said that the RNC was dominating???

Direct from the bizarro universe!

It's known as the clownverse nowadays, but if you're into comics bizarro will do. Indeed, I mean men can turn into women on a whim, you're not a liberal unless you're utterly illiberal, libertarians think there is such a thing as libertarian-left, freedom is slavery and violence is peace, but really all the evidence you ever need is only to turn on the tube on mainstream media at night, it's a laugh fest of disinformation and fake news, hard to watch unless you have a sense of humour I guess. I get it, Trump gets into people's heads and they do go a bit kooky but man, this is getting ridiculous.

hang on.

i thought that one thread that used only one TV channel said that the RNC was dominating???
The thread title is based on the first night only.

The second night of the RNC had nearly as many viewers as the second night of the DNC, per Reuter’s.

19.2 million to 19.4 million

BTW, my DEMOCRAT uncle was a door gunner in 'Nam, several times decorated.... He never would talk about it; I can't say I blamed him. He passed of Lou Gerhig's.... My REPUBLICAN grandpa, was a retired postman and WWII vet. If either one of them still lived, they'd both be disgusted, and vote Biden....And to think it woulda only took an orange moron to finally get them to agree.... :roll:
I would not be so sure. Trump is very popular with the military and gets record levels of approval from Republicans. They might agree to vote Trump.

Neil Young would agree with you. He was a radical's radical.

I would not be so sure. Trump is very popular with the military and gets record levels of approval from Republicans. They might agree to vote Trump.

Neil Young would agree with you. He was a radical's radical.

You really know squat...

I've had a beer with Mr. Young before. Bye now ;)

You really know squat... I've had a beer with Mr. Young before. Bye now ;)
I didn't have a beer with Willie Nelson, but he's local and paths have crossed. So is Ted Nugent, now, but him I have not met.

I notice you did not disagree that Neil Young is out there.

I didn't have a beer with Willie Nelson, but he's local and paths have crossed. So is Ted Nugent, now, but him I have not met.

I notice you did not disagree that Neil Young is out there.

His boat is moored locally, where I used to live, I still am nearby. This was MANY years back...

I don't know him, a beer and a wow Neil Young is baout the extent of it. Seems a very nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom