• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Division 2

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Saw that they are in final beta testing on this and I'm starting to look forward to it. Anyone else?

I loved the original for it's smooth combat, and ability to play so much of the content solo, but I think the thing I'm most interested in as a DC native is their claim to have a "1 for 1" recreation of DC as the map. There are certainly so iconic venues for game set during a catastrophe.

Saw that they are in final beta testing on this and I'm starting to look forward to it. Anyone else?

I loved the original for it's smooth combat, and ability to play so much of the content solo, but I think the thing I'm most interested in as a DC native is their claim to have a "1 for 1" recreation of DC as the map. There are certainly so iconic venues for game set during a catastrophe.

Couldn't get into the original...and I was really pumped for it. I think my issue is that I don't enjoy 3rd person shooters....I've gotten way too used to 1st person.

Couldn't get into the original...and I was really pumped for it. I think my issue is that I don't enjoy 3rd person shooters....I've gotten way too used to 1st person.

I was the same way but I really liked the setting, and I love loot-based RPGs, so I gave it a shot. I ended up really loving it.

My only knock on the original is that the cover system was a bit too sticky.

I was the same way but I really liked the setting, and I love loot-based RPGs, so I gave it a shot. I ended up really loving it.

I found it a little repetitive as well...though possibly I didn't give it enough of a chance, I'm not sure. Plus, having a good squad makes a difference... I joined a gaming clan just for that game, but of course those guy levelled up way quicker than I did, and all the missions were basically me drawing fire so the other guys could get good stuff...hehe...

I loved the original. Spent many hours with my friends roaming the dark zone.

I loved the original. Spent many hours with my friends roaming the dark zone.

That was another thing I loved about that game. There was a seamless and rational split between PVP and PVE. You could duck in and out of PVP at your leisure as well as in and out of team PVE and it all made perfect sense rather than tacked on.

I have been playing TD1 since just after launch. But I am going to wait a little while to start TD2. AT first TD1 was rather lacking. By 1.4 things were great.

I am waiting to see what type of monetization they put in the game. But so far it looks like a good game.

Right now since all my friends (in the game) are in the beta, I have been helping out some of the new players.

I have some confidence it will be a decent game with Ubisoft having sole input rather than those bean counting scumbags at EA.

EA and Activision are destroying top tier gaming.

Except for strategy games I only do 1st person. Prefer Elder Scrolls and Far Cry. Every time I see a cool looking game - shooter, adventure or RPG - my first question is do they have it on PC and my next, does it have 1st person.

Except for strategy games I only do 1st person. Prefer Elder Scrolls and Far Cry. Every time I see a cool looking game - shooter, adventure or RPG - my first question is do they have it on PC and my next, does it have 1st person.

I normally play first person games as well, surprisingly it did not matter with The Division. I did not though seek out the Division, it actually came with my PC. Or more to the point, it came with the video card. SO I tried it out because it was free and everyone was hyped up about it. I played it and the graphics were outstanding. Its pretty much a New York city simulator.

And now The Division 2 is a 1:1 scale rendition of Washington DC. Friends that I have played with on the Beta say its amazingly accurate. It isnt like other games where its some weird version of reality. No its like being there and apparently if you have been there you can find your way around based on memory.

Back
Top Bottom