• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Divine Right of Democrats to Drool

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://spectator.org/the-divine-right-of-democrats-to-drool/

any longtime liberals find themselves bewildered at the continued antics of the Democrats at a time when they have a real, albeit small, window of opportunity to demonstrate that they have some acquaintance with the art of responsible governance. Thoughtful people like law professors Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz, who understand that the nation’s polity will be far healthier if both major parties approach real issues seriously, are unable to understand why so few Democrats see that the perpetuation of puerile nihilism driven by unabated hatred of President Trump will end in disaster. Turley puts it thus:

In this age of rage, voters seem to have no patience, let alone need, for leaders speaking of abstract principles. They want immediate unequivocal action.… For Democrats, that all consuming purpose has led to the abandonment of core unifying values, including many that first drew me to the Democratic Party.

The explanation for this loss of the party’s soul to an unquenchable and wholly emotional desire to destroy Trump is captured in a one-sentence observation by Cicero with which Turley is certainly familiar: “Those who do not know history will forever remain children.” There is very little chance that the kindergartners of the Democratic resistance would recognize Turley’s allusion to the fabled “Days of Rage.” Nor do they grasp that their collective tantrum and lurch to the left is reminiscent of that which eventually produced the suicidal Democratic nomination of George McGovern and President Nixon’s 1972 landslide.

I don't claim to know what happened between then and now, except cable news and the internet seems to have made everyone a pundit. The anti Trump focus serves to give news organizations an excuse to not spend money on actual reporting of news, and meanwhile all kinds of deals are being cut by our politicians we don't hear about.

But my attitude is more law and order. As democrats accuse Trump of crimes, I would ask the justice department to investigate both houses of congress for those crimes to see if they are still crimes when applied to them. After all, justice is blind to power and position, they say. The whole process would be great entertainment, but what is it doing for you and me? Not a hell of a lot.

Personally, I want them to impeach Trump. It will be the Kavenaugh-ization of the House, a spectical ripped right out of the bar scene of Starwars to show America exactly what we are made of. Pass the barf bucket. And when it is over, what will fill the vacuum that has powered the democrats and the news media for two + years? Where is the steam? A promise to return to Obamanomics? Cut the military? Or try to impeach members of the Senate who voted against impeachment?

So it's going to be a fun year, and I don't expect Pelosi to be able to contain her idealogs with the promise that eternal investigations are more effective than impeachment - they never end, but impeachment does. Investigation are death by a thousand cuts, designed to weaken the beast so nothing gets done and then you blame him for doing nothing. But don't count the democrats out, they will impeach because they are righteous and on the true path and the republicans remain silent. Yup. Not a peep.

I can't wait for the year to get started!

I don't claim to know what happened between then and now, except cable news and the internet seems to have made everyone a pundit. The anti Trump focus serves to give news organizations an excuse to not spend money on actual reporting of news, and meanwhile all kinds of deals are being cut by our politicians we don't hear about.

But my attitude is more law and order. As democrats accuse Trump of crimes, I would ask the justice department to investigate both houses of congress for those crimes to see if they are still crimes when applied to them. After all, justice is blind to power and position, they say. The whole process would be great entertainment, but what is it doing for you and me? Not a hell of a lot.

Personally, I want them to impeach Trump. It will be the Kavenaugh-ization of the House, a spectical ripped right out of the bar scene of Starwars to show America exactly what we are made of. Pass the barf bucket. And when it is over, what will fill the vacuum that has powered the democrats and the news media for two + years? Where is the steam? A promise to return to Obamanomics? Cut the military? Or try to impeach members of the Senate who voted against impeachment?

So it's going to be a fun year, and I don't expect Pelosi to be able to contain her idealogs with the promise that eternal investigations are more effective than impeachment - they never end, but impeachment does. Investigation are death by a thousand cuts, designed to weaken the beast so nothing gets done and then you blame him for doing nothing. But don't count the democrats out, they will impeach because they are righteous and on the true path and the republicans remain silent. Yup. Not a peep.

I do not want the Democrats to behave badly and make a mockery of governance just to make them look bad and advantage Republicans politically. I want them to be responsible and govern well.

That is no more likely to happen than Trump doing so, however.

I do not want the Democrats to behave badly and make a mockery of governance just to make them look bad and advantage Republicans politically. I want them to be responsible and govern well.

That is no more likely to happen than Trump doing so, however.

The only good news is that is scares our enemies.

Jeez, someone thinks that a POS like Trump who publicly supports the KKK and Neo Nazis is a good guy, and thinks that kind of divisive leadership is a positive for the country. In a country with as many racists as the USA? Colour me surprised!

And now they think people are drooling because it is becoming socially acceptable to be overt racists? Such a confused populace. SMH.

Last edited:

The only problem being, of course, there is no such "wholly emotional desire" to destroy Trump or loss of the Dem party's 'soul' nor did the asshat author of that screed demonstrate otherwise.

What an odd thing for him to lie so brazenly about.

Back
Top Bottom