• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Disaster which is Illinois

More corruption in Illinois...

Trump Org. corruption meticulously exposed today, after Trump "took the fifth 400+X, Trump bud Tom Barrack criminal trial began today,
DeSantis's partner in crime nervously serial-tweeting, demanding Biden support Trump's crimes against humanity, and where do we find you?

Migrants say U.S. policy at border is leading to abuse by ...​

https://www.dallasnews.com › News › Immigration

Jul 12, 2022 — "Immigrant rights groups say they have evidence of abuse of migrants by Mexican authorities after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott put pressure on them ..."

Mexico Officials Abused 47% of Migrants Awaiting US Asylum​

https://www.yahoo.com › video › half-migrants-awaitin...

6 days ago —Bloomberg-
Most of the migrants were from Latin America, and 47% said they'd been robbed or extorted by Mexican government officials, including immigration ..."

You're posting about a "nobody Dem," in a five year old thread" LOL1

Trump Org. corruption meticulously exposed today, after Trump "took the fifth 400+X, Trump bud Tom Barrack criminal trial began today,
DeSantis's partner in crime nervously serial-tweeting, demanding Biden support Trump's crimes against humanity, and where do we find you?

Migrants say U.S. policy at border is leading to abuse by ...

https://www.dallasnews.com › News › Immigration
Jul 12, 2022 — "Immigrant rights groups say they have evidence of abuse of migrants by Mexican authorities after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott put pressure on them ..."

Mexico Officials Abused 47% of Migrants Awaiting US Asylum

https://www.yahoo.com › video › half-migrants-awaitin...
6 days ago —Bloomberg-
Most of the migrants were from Latin America, and 47% said they'd been robbed or extorted by Mexican government officials, including immigration ..."

You're posting about a "nobody Dem," in a five year old thread" LOL1

Off Topic
Deflection
Whataboutism
Spam

Yep. Typical post for you.

Trolling/baiting are we?
Nope. Honestly happy you don’t have to torture yourself with IL issues anymore, since you seemed to just hate it.

It’s gettting old having all these GOPer/downstate types whine about corruption, just to replace it with THEIR kind of corruption later.

As much as Illinois sucks. It has something most states don't have and that is the natural history museum, art institute, and many food options that are not mcdonalds or taco bell.

As much as Illinois sucks. It has something most states don't have and that is the natural history museum, art institute, and many food options that are not mcdonalds or taco bell.

Last time wife and I visited IL in 2015, we saw HELP WANTED signs literally by the dozens.
You couldn't turn a corner without seeing a factory with HELP WANTED signs.
I call that a good thing.

Last time wife and I visited IL in 2015, we saw HELP WANTED signs literally by the dozens.
This isn't well-known, but Chicago is a port city. And the surrounding counties within the state all use the port to export their goods throughout the world. IL has problems, but it still is thriving in its own way.

Times are changing. Corporations are pulling out of Illinois.

Boeing
Caterpillar
Citadel
Banana Republic just announced they're closing their Chicago store from the Magnificent Mile when their lease expires
Tyson Foods is closing their Chicago office

Boeing
Caterpillar
Citadel
Banana Republic just announced they're closing their Chicago store from the Magnificent Mile when their lease expires
Yes, times are changing. IL is focusing on 'smart' manufacturing. Obviously, Tyson Foods has nothing to do with smart. Boeing was never fully invested in the state, so they will move to where the real money is for them. Caterpillar is a lost to IL for obvious reasons. Citadel? Not so much. Not too many people willingly live in Florida. It's a cesspool state.

Yes, times are changing. IL is focusing on 'smart' manufacturing. Obviously, Tyson Foods has nothing to do with smart. Boeing was never fully invested in the state, so they will move to where the real money is for them. Caterpillar is a lost to IL for obvious reasons. Citadel? Not so much. Not too many people willingly live in Florida. It's a cesspool state.

Illinois is losing population, while Florida is gaining.

The remark that not too many people willingly live in Florida seems rather odd.

Illinois is losing population, while Florida is gaining.

The remark that not too many people willingly live in Florida seems rather odd.
The elderly living in Florida because they can't stand cold weather and high taxes. Also, most working class people can't afford to live in Illinois-sad, i am being honest. IL needs to become much more affordable. But, like I said, look at demographics. IL has younger people than Florida.

The elderly living in Florida because they can't stand cold weather and high taxes. Also, most working class people can't afford to live in Illinois-sad, i am being honest. IL needs to become much more affordable. But, like I said, look at demographics. IL has younger people than Florida.

That seems an argument that some people are financially trapped in Illinois. I believe that has some truth to it, and it likely applies to some Florida residents as well.

But it doesn't mean the majority of people living in Florida aren't living there willingly.

That seems an argument that some people are financially trapped in Illinois. I believe that has some truth to it, and it likely applies to some Florida residents as well.

But it doesn't mean the majority of people living in Florida aren't living there willingly.
I am trapped in Illinois, a lot of people I know are trapped here. But again, our jobs wouldn't pay as much as in Florida or Iowa. As much as people in Iowa talk down to Illinois, they still come here for most of their vacation breaks. But each their own.

I am trapped in Illinois, a lot of people I know are trapped here. But again, our jobs wouldn't pay as much as in Florida or Iowa. As much as people in Iowa talk down to Illinois, they still come here for most of their vacation breaks. But each their own.

Seems when you claimed very few live willingly in Florida, you may have been projecting a tad.

One would hope so. For 395k I could get 8 acres and a 2000sq foot home in Florida! Can't be possible anywhere in IL.

Check one of the real estate compilation sites. You may be surprised.

Boeing
Caterpillar
Citadel
And Google is moving in the State of IL building.

Boeing
Caterpillar
Citadel
And Google is moving in the State of IL building. Amazon is expanding.

And Google is moving in the State of IL building. Amazon is expanding.
In other words, fake jobs that exist only because of subsidies leftists provide them

Back
Top Bottom