• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Disaster which is Illinois

Terrible. I biked 30 miles on the lakefront today, stopped on Oak Street Beach for dinner with my girlfriend, wandered onto the Magnifcent Mile, admiring the incredible flowers all on the median and sidewalks, and had a nightcap on a rooftop spot overlooking the city. Only saw seventeen murders.
Ah, so a good day then, lol. If you moved, where would you like to move to?

Pretty good article here dissecting the current situation. I guess, you could say this is what happens when Democrats run amok.

https://www.gty.org/library/questions/QA138/what-is-biblical-discernment-and-why-is-it-important

Whoops

First, it would not be the first state with a junk credit rating. New York DID HAVE a junk credit rating in the NY bankruptcy crisis of the 1970's.
Second, basing opinions on fictions like "unfunded liabilities" is junk economics.
Third, the link is a redirect to a church page that says nothing about Illinois whatsoever.

Is this a joke thread?

Terrible. I biked 30 miles on the lakefront today, stopped on Oak Street Beach for dinner with my girlfriend, wandered onto the Magnifcent Mile, admiring the incredible flowers all on the median and sidewalks, and had a nightcap on a rooftop spot overlooking the city. Only saw seventeen murders.

Sounds horrible. 😄

First, it would not be the first state with a junk credit rating. New York DID HAVE a junk credit rating in the NY bankruptcy crisis of the 1970's.
Second, basing opinions on fictions like "unfunded liabilities" is junk economics.
Third, the link is a redirect to a church page that says nothing about Illinois whatsoever.

Is this a joke thread?

Note the date of the OP. Things change over time.

Is it that bad?
Lots of hidden taxes. Seemed like every road was toll. Had to get a village sticker to park anywhere. Terrifying neighborhoods right next to the best neighborhoods. That’s what I remember.

Lots of hidden taxes. Seemed like every road was toll. Had to get a village sticker to park anywhere. Terrifying neighborhoods right next to the best neighborhoods. That’s what I remember.
And the state's gas tax just increased again recently.

Oh yes. I was just walking through the museum campus and had to pay a toll to walk into Grant Park. Plus- can you believe they force the paletero to charge a sales tax on every ice cream he sells? And of course, last night while eating an incredible meal in little Italy, we walked down to the historic Tri-Taylor area and saw a black guy- which means terrifying neighborhood, amirite?

Only saw three murders there though, but four assaults and a guy whining about not being able to park in residential zones because he was too cheap to pay for parking like you’re supposed to.

I've only been to Chicago once, for a much too brief visit, but I loved it! We weren't on a tourist junket, either; I got a feel for the real city. It rocks.
I wish people would get off Chicago violence when it's about 20-something down the list of most dangerous American cities. Never hear a peep about Anchorage, do we?

Is this a joke thread?
President Ford to NYC... DROP DEAD...

The famous NY Daily News headline in the 70s

28veto_lg.jpg

♪ Another one bites the dust ♪

Another dirty Chicago alderman for Illinois' Wall of Shame:

Muñoz, 56, who retired in 2019, appeared in court in person before U.S. District Judge John F. Kness and pleaded guilty to wire fraud and money laundering. He was indicted in April on 15 counts related to the conduct.

That makes at least 34 Chicago alderman found/pled guilty since 1973. There are still 3 Chicago alderman outstanding who still face their time in court.

Another dirty Chicago alderman for Illinois' Wall of Shame:

That makes at least 34 Chicago alderman found/pled guilty since 1973. There are still 3 Chicago alderman outstanding who still face their time in court.

The perfect starting point for Obama.

So has the state collapsed yet?

4/7 Illinois governors have seen the inside of a jail in an unofficial capacity…..🤷

Adam Kinzinger's friends in the Illinois Democrat party wrote him out of congress. Would have been more fun when Trump did it.

In fairness, all politicians promise something for nothin' in order to get elected. Nobody says pay as you go, unless it's directed at what the other side wants to fund. It's why we're in such debt, both national and local.

OK, but ‘pay as you go’ now seems to allow use of 10 years of (projected) future increased tax revenue to ‘fully pay for’ 4 years of a said to become ‘permanent’ entitlement benefit.

This time, a State House Rep. (district near Chicago of course)

Another one goes down. This time, it's a Daley!

That makes 33 Chicago Aldermen found/pled guilty of something since 1973.

I lived there 4 years, it is horrible. Their idea to deal with the insane corruption they had in the past is ridiculous bureuacracy that does nothing to address corruption. Horrible state

Democrats run amok. PFFT It was an asshole republicans governor who tried to hold the legislative hostage and refused to pass a budget for 2 year. A rich ex CEO asshole, and who harmed so many state workers for those 2 years bcause he couldn't get his bullshit ideas passed.

Back
Top Bottom