• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Devil Was Present

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The Devil (Trump) was present at the funeral of a great man. It was fitting that the Devil showed up so that everyone could see the difference between good and evil and the fight that forever wages between them.

George H.W. Bush was a godly man full of morals, ethics, principles and humanity. He was a soldier of honor that guided his life on the principles of doing good and helping others. A selfless and optimistic man that valued character over pedigree. One who looked for the good in people and not the bad. He was a good President and one who did good things for the nation and the people of the nation.

The Devil (Trump) was the backdrop of this funeral as it should be. It was a way for the nation to compare one with the other and what we as a nation value, which is not money and ego but humility and service.

I wonder what Trump was thinking as he saw how much George H.W. Bush was loved and respected, versus how Trump is despised and criticized. Good versus evil was clearly seen here and Trump could not have been happy. A man who does not have faith in anyone but himself cannot be happy when someone else is being praised.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/us/politics/george-hw-bush-funeral.html

They are ALL corporate shills. Pretending to be normal humans.

The Devil (Trump) was present at the funeral of a great man. It was fitting that the Devil showed up so that everyone could see the difference between good and evil and the fight that forever wages between them.

George H.W. Bush was a godly man full of morals, ethics, principles and humanity. He was a soldier of honor that guided his life on the principles of doing good and helping others. A selfless and optimistic man that valued character over pedigree. One who looked for the good in people and not the bad. He was a good President and one who did good things for the nation and the people of the nation.

The Devil (Trump) was the backdrop of this funeral as it should be. It was a way for the nation to compare one with the other and what we as a nation value, which is not money and ego but humility and service.

I wonder what Trump was thinking as he saw how much George H.W. Bush was loved and respected, versus how Trump is despised and criticized. Good versus evil was clearly seen here and Trump could not have been happy. A man who does not have faith in anyone but himself cannot be happy when someone else is being praised.

Wouldn't the "devil" be the ones that sends innocent men and women to their death to fight a war based on false pretenses?

In case anyone needs help:

Bush = Republican
Trump = Republican

Bah. GHW Bush was a fine man, likeable, and well mannered, but he let himself be rolled by Democrats. He deliberately broke a solemn campaign promise.

People got tired of the Republican squishes, and so Trump was elected.

In case anyone needs help:

Bush = Republican
Trump = Republican

Bush = Real Republican, real man, good man
Trump = Fake Republican, bad man

Please do not ever include that low class fraud in the same bucket as the great GHW Bush.

My biggest problem with Lucky one's post is he associating with Republicans with devils and evil behavior.

Bush and Trump probably agree, policy-wise on 95% of the issues.

Luckyone doesn't really like Trump because he is a wildcard and he cannot make money on the stock market due to Trump's unpredictable behavior.

Please do not ever include that low class fraud in the same bucket as the great GHW Bush.

well the cultists are saying GHWB was a liberal, so I'm just reminding them...

My biggest problem with Lucky one's post is he associating with Republicans with devils and evil behavior.

Bush and Trump probably agree, policy-wise on 95% of the issues.

Luckyone doesn't really like Trump because he is a wildcard and he cannot make money on the stock market due to Trump's unpredictable behavior.

The title is The devil. Not devils.

well the cultists are saying GHWB was a liberal, so I'm just reminding them...

They say and think what Trump tells them to say and think.

GHWB had more integrity and courage in his left pinky than Trump does in his entire large body.

H.W. Bush was a man of the kind we desperately need more of - upstanding, decent, faithful. Trump is a lying, cowardly, cad.

That point, however, is not helped by foolish hyperbole. Trump isn't Satan :roll:

They say and think what Trump tells them to say and think.

GHWB had more integrity and courage in his left pinky than Trump does in his entire large body.

And the people giving the eulogies are telling Trump that directly to his face!

Did you see any of it? He sat there like a fat angry toddler, with his arms folded across his chest. It made me sick to watch him.

Trump isn't fit to wipe HW Bush's ass.

It couldn’t have been lost on Trump; just eulogizing a decent man, casts shade on the current President. Today’s service points out a stark contrast......

The majority of republcans chose him to represent the Republican Party as their candidate for president. I understand your dislike of it (I didn’t want Hillary for the Dems), but the facts are the facts and republicans as whole selected him to represent the party and now the presidency.

The majority of republcans chose him to represent the Republican Party as their candidate for president. I understand your dislike of it (I didn’t want Hillary for the Dems), but the facts are the facts and republicans as whole selected him to represent the party and now the presidency.

And that's why I no longer identify as a Republican. A real Republican would reject a cowardly bastard like Trump. I did and a lot of others did, including HW Bush.

Trump represents a party I don't even recognize anymore.

Bah. GHW Bush was a fine man, likeable, and well mannered, but he let himself be rolled by Democrats. He deliberately broke a solemn campaign promise.

Broke a promise he needed to and never should have made.

Did you see any of it? He sat there like a fat angry toddler, with his arms folded across his chest. It made me sick to watch him.

Trump isn't fit to wipe HW Bush's ass.

Yea saw Bush tear up and give Michelle Obama candy.

Wouldn't the "devil" be the ones that sends innocent men and women to their death to fight a war based on false pretenses?

No, the Devil is the one that doesn't care.

Another one that chooses to make this about Trump rather than Bush. It really is pathetic.

Breaking campaign promises is not evil. It is perhaps incompetence, it is perhaps the situation, it is perhaps a change of mind. None of those are based on evil intentions. Trump has been keeping his campaign promises because it serves him and his objective. That is evil given that he only does it when it serves his purpose.

H.W. Bush was a man of the kind we desperately need more of - upstanding, decent, faithful. Trump is a lying, cowardly, cad.

That point, however, is not helped by foolish hyperbole. Trump isn't Satan :roll:

In my case, it is not hyperbole. I truly believe that Trump represents evil, ergo the Devil.

I have been saying that for months. He has no ethics, morals, principles or humanity. How else can you describe a man that has none of those? Every other President had at least one of them. Heck, Hillary for all the things she has been accused of and probably partly guilty of, she at least had humanity. Throughout her life she helped women and children (establish fact).

Trump has never helped anyone outside himself. In fact, it is was him or one of his kids going to jail, I guarantee he would choose his kids to go to jail. The man is the Devil personafied.

Back
Top Bottom