• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Democrat's what me top pay for

No, we were off the gold standard before Nixon.

Why do people repeat that BS? Is some blogger or media pundit spewing those lies?

Trading in gold was still allowed until 1971, but we were off the gold standard in 1933.
Well, we did not go completely fiat till Nixon. When FDR took us off the Gold standard the price only went from $25.00 per ounce to $35.00 per ounce. They held the $35 per ounce price until August 15, 1971, when Nixon announced that the United States would no longer convert dollars to gold at a fixed value, thus completely abandoning the gold standard and allowing the price of Gold to skyrocket and madly fluctuate as it does today.

I've never taken an entitlement in my life either and I am fine with helping people who need it but the abuse it getting bad. It's not just abuse by the recipients, but the politicians. Nobody wants to work anymore because welfare and social service benefits have become way too generous. Not to mention that everybody and their brother are on disability and are in much better shape I was when I was working. (I'm retired).
I was being sarcastic about the comment.
I actually did see a welfare mom on TV years ago who said (with attitude) "Why are all these Republicans complaining about all the money I'm getting from the taxpayers. I don't get a dime from the taxpayers. My welfare checks come straight from the government."
I do not buy the rumor out there that "everybody is lazy and does not want to work" thing...................that argument has been around since I was born.......
You do not take entitlements??? Have you ever collected Unemployment???? S.S. ??? Medicare???.........not I

Maybe a large part of the problem is we are not encouraging nuclear families.

People are irresonsible, and too many children don't have both parents. Why should society have to fix a problem that others create by being careless?
It may be because it is in the best interests of the nation at the moment.....

The Dems want me to pay for childcare for 8,000,000 kids.

They can go **** themselves.

Why on earth should I pay for some losers' kid? Bad enough I pay through the nose so they can waste an education. Now they want a federal nanny too?

I repeat, they can go **** themselves.
So you're pro choice then.

Why on earth should I pay for some losers' kid? Bad enough I pay through the nose so they can waste an education. Now they want a federal nanny too?

I have no idea what your subject line is trying to say.

What he says does seem to have statistical merit. At least from all I have seen in my life.
He lied and said I posted that people of color are lazy. I never said that or anything like that. There is no statistical merit in an outright lie.

Best interests of the nation----the econ., morale, etc..............even the Romans knew it had to be done...
There is no longer a stigma attached to being an unproductive person. Such a deterrent is helpful.

He lied and said I posted that people of color are lazy. I never said that or anything like that. There is no statistical merit in an outright lie.
When you categorize people in a gereral manner, that does appear true. That doesn't mean that all are.

There is no longer a stigma attached to being an unproductive person. Such a deterrent is helpful.
This is a great point and part of the problem. Freeloading is so accepted now that nobody ever questions the freeloaders. And the freeloaders (of all colors, so I'm not accusing Blacks.....post #62) always vote for Democrats. This is the biggest vote buying scam in US history and will cause an economic collapse......100% guaranteed.

This is a great point and part of the problem. Freeloading is so accepted now that nobody ever questions the freeloaders. And the freeloaders (of all colors, so I'm not accusing Blacks.....post #62) always vote for Democrats. This is the biggest vote buying scam in US history and will cause an economic collapse......100% guaranteed.
Myself and others have pointed out how democrat policies keep the people down, and keep the democrat votes coming in.

Myself and others have pointed out how democrat policies keep the people down, and keep the democrat votes coming in.
They use a similiar strategy in their ongoing battle to keep the US racially divided. A weak America benefits the Democratic elites in their lust for power so their strategy to rip America to shreds is a calculated one.

My God, someday I wish I will find a conservative who understands how Capitalism works...

I'm old so time is running out
LOL.....I often say the same thing about liberals. It's no surprise that liberals love government and conservatives love free markets. Liberals have no idea how capitalism works....and the ones who do, want to destroy it.

My God, someday I wish I will find a conservative who understands how Capitalism works...

I'm old so time is running out

You and I will both be dead before that happens. Very few on the right understand Capitalism. They talk about it after learning about it from idiots like Hannity.

So now you're blaming the Democrats for you own failures in life. How pathetic.
Just being honest about what reality is like. Democrats never like it when their scams are exposed.

LOL.....I often say the same thing about liberals. It's no surprise that liberals love government and conservatives love free markets. Liberals have no idea how capitalism works....and the ones who do, want to destroy it.
Conservatives do NOT love free market. JUST the opposite..

ok.
and in Arizona and other States Republican (some) want taxpayers to pay for a 2020 election audit.

They can go screw themselves.
Why? I can think of many things more pressing to spend tax payer money on. Or do Republicans just want to support grifters like in Arizona.

They use a similiar strategy in their ongoing battle to keep the US racially divided. A weak America benefits the Democratic elites in their lust for power so their strategy to rip America to shreds is a calculated one.
Yep.

They are always dividing people by race, wealth, etc. Making fellow Americans hate other Americans.

This should be considered treason in my view.

So now you're blaming the Democrats for you own failures in life. How pathetic.
I have learned from my failures. I make six figures. I have a comfortable life, and every time I turn around, someone wants me to pay more taxes and diminish the life I have achieved.

You and I will both be dead before that happens. Very few on the right understand Capitalism. They talk about it after learning about it from idiots like Hannity.
Capitalism, like anything, is manipulated by the human element. No matter what system you want, people will exploit it.

I have learned from my failures. I make six figures. I have a comfortable life, and every time I turn around, someone wants me to pay more taxes and diminish the life I have achieved.

If what you say is true then you have no reason to claim the Democrats control your life. You claim they are keeping you down. Then you say you are not down. Make up your mind.

Back
Top Bottom