• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Democrats/liberals solution for stopping radical Islam

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

I actually asked a liberal poster on this board this very same question on how would they would stop ISIS and radical Islam and this is the response I got:

I don't have a final solution for this problem, because it's a very complicated issue. So complicated I can't provide you with a concise solution to the problem.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...b-w-133-159-195-317-a-106.html#post1065958665

I have concluded that the Democrats and liberals have no idea how to stop the greatest threat to our civilization. Perhaps it is because they are too afraid to offend Muslims in general. Can Obama even say the word, "radical islam?" Obama's actions have been motivated by fear. He is so afraid of alienating the Muslim community, we just see these dastardly attacks happen again and again with no solutions happening.

It pains me to say this but Obama is a gutless coward. Him retreating in Iraq led to the power vacuum and creation/growth of ISIS. The death and blood is on the hands of this president. Bush led the groundwork for a stable Iraq, and although their were several setbacks, we were seeing some real progress in a stabilized country.

Perhaps its their bleedin' heart nature. Do they feel sympathy for them because they are a minority group feeling perhaps they deserve rehabilitation over justice? Do they think non-violent measures will work? Listening and watching to coverage about the Orlando shooting, I barely hear the fact the shooter was a terrorist or praising ISIS. It was slanted coverage focused on banning guns, suing the gun manufacturers, protecting gay rights, mental illness, etc...

The Democrats are clueless on this issue completely. They have no solutions at all. We need to treat this threat like in WW2 when we combated communism, the axis powers, Nazi Germany, The Japanese empire, etc...

Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama all have failed in combating radical Muslims. Sadly MORE AND MORE of these attacks will happen with the do-nothing cowardly Democrats in power. How many times will Obama have to make these empty statements not addressing the enemy?

You can ban the guns, but they will just hijack our planes. Please, I beg of the Democrats to not be cowards and let more and more innocent Americans die and die.

What a load of partisan tripe.

Your idea is to throw them all into concentration camps. Congratulations.

Hey Bucky, tell me something - what changes if we follow your initial proposal and fully embrace the use of the phrase, "Islamic terrorism" or "Islamic Jihad?"

How, specifically, does the US alter its policies or laws after that phrase becomes a norm?

As Kobie picked up on, your reference to WWII (not exactly applicable because we were at war with actual countries there instead of a specific ideology that has revealed itself in dozens of countries and actively fights against the countries where they are located) does indicate you have a willingness for internment camps. Is that a change in policy you would like to support?

What a load of partisan tripe.

Your idea is to throw them all into concentration camps. Congratulations.

I am just tired of seeing my brothers and sisters dying. I value the lives of Americans - gay or straight over that of the ENEMY.

Perhaps you should worry more about drugs and vehicle deaths.
I am just tired of seeing my brothers and sisters dying. I value the lives of Americans - gay or straight over that of the ENEMY.

I want everyone on the fence about this issue to observe and read the comments made by liberal posters. See if any concrete solutions are offered.

The majority of comments from these posters will be:

- Trump/Republicans are being racist
- Trump/Republicans are not following the constitution
- Trump is an idiot, his solutions won't work
- Muslims are not the problem - THE U.S. brought this on themselves with their policies
- Guns are the issues
- Mental illness is the issue
- Christians are somehow to blame

What you will not see is any solutions proposed. Only BLAME.

Would you really throw American Citizens into interment camps?

The problem is that you see anyone who observes the Islamic faith, in any capacity, as THE ENEMY.

I want everyone on the fence about this issue to observe and read the comments made by liberal posters. See if any concrete solutions are offered.

- Muslims are not the problem - THE U.S. brought this on themselves with their policies
- Guns are the issues

All you're doing is blaming people -- specifically, a billion-person religion for the acts of a relative handful of its more reprehensible members. Jesus Christ, could you be more of a hypocrite in your little Argument By Hypothetical Game?

All you're doing is blaming people -- specifically, a billion-person religion for the acts of a relative handful of its more reprehensible members. Jesus Christ, could you be more of a hypocrite in your little Argument By Hypothetical Game?

I certainly am blaming people. The enemy, radical islam.

Enough of the games. We are at war.

Would you really throw American Citizens into interment camps?

When I saw this on the main page with my old and tired eyes tonight, I thought it said "internet" camps, so I had to see what in the world you guys were talking about. Imagine my surprise? I really thought that the OP was saying that the way to deal with radical Islam was to put them all in internet camps.

Time for me to go to bed.

I certainly am blaming people. The enemy, radical islam.

Enough of the games. We are at war.

When you start advocating throwing Muslims in concentration camps -- which you have done, and do not even DARE try to deny it -- you're not just blaming "radical Islam."

- Guns are the issues

So what is the Trump/Republicans solution....besides a moment of silence and praying? A gun store on every corner and a gun in every hand? Start a war with Islam? Give everybody nukes? Deport all Muslims, Mexicans, Blacks, Jews, Asians...and Native Indians? The 'final solution'? What????

Good night.
When I saw this on the main page with my old and tired eyes tonight, I thought it said "internet" camps, so I had to see what in the world you guys were talking about. Imagine my surprise? I really thought that the OP was saying that the way to deal with radical Islam was to put them all in internet camps.

Time for me to go to bed.

I actually asked a liberal poster on this board this very same question on how would they would stop ISIS and radical Islam and this is the response I got:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...b-w-133-159-195-317-a-106.html#post1065958665

I have concluded that the Democrats and liberals have no idea how to stop the greatest threat to our civilization. Perhaps it is because they are too afraid to offend Muslims in general. Can Obama even say the word, "radical islam?" Obama's actions have been motivated by fear. He is so afraid of alienating the Muslim community, we just see these dastardly attacks happen again and again with no solutions happening.

It pains me to say this but Obama is a gutless coward. Him retreating in Iraq led to the power vacuum and creation/growth of ISIS. The death and blood is on the hands of this president. Bush led the groundwork for a stable Iraq, and although their were several setbacks, we were seeing some real progress in a stabilized country.

Perhaps its their bleedin' heart nature. Do they feel sympathy for them because they are a minority group feeling perhaps they deserve rehabilitation over justice? Do they think non-violent measures will work? Listening and watching to coverage about the Orlando shooting, I barely hear the fact the shooter was a terrorist or praising ISIS. It was slanted coverage focused on banning guns, suing the gun manufacturers, protecting gay rights, mental illness, etc...

The Democrats are clueless on this issue completely. They have no solutions at all. We need to treat this threat like in WW2 when we combated communism, the axis powers, Nazi Germany, The Japanese empire, etc...

Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama all have failed in combating radical Muslims. Sadly MORE AND MORE of these attacks will happen with the do-nothing cowardly Democrats in power. How many times will Obama have to make these empty statements not addressing the enemy?

You can ban the guns, but they will just hijack our planes. Please, I beg of the Democrats to not be cowards and let more and more innocent Americans die and die.

They have no solutions or answers because they ARE the problem !

So what is the Trump/Republicans solution....besides a moment of silence and praying? A gun store on every corner and a gun in every hand? Start a war with Islam? Give everybody nukes? Deport all Muslims, Mexicans, Blacks, Jews, Asians...and Native Indians? The 'final solution'? What????

Trump has said he will not allow Muslims in this country. That is a legitimate solution. He said he will kill the families of the terrorists. Controversial? Absolutley, but a solution that would put fear in these blood demons.

What is your solution or Kobie's solution? What is the Democrats solution?

*crickets*

Kill the family of terrorist? this was one of the things I thought would sink Trump. By the way, that is not controversial, it is murder.
Trump has said he will not allow Muslims in this country. That is a legitimate solution. He said he will kill the families of the terrorists. Controversial? Absolutley, but a solution that would put fear in these blood demons.

*crickets*

The funny thing about post #6 is that not even Trump or any other Republican has offered a "concrete solution" to matters of radical Islamic terrorism.

Trump has said he will not allow Muslims in this country. That is a legitimate solution.

No it's not. The person who perpetrated the attacks in Orlando was BORN IN THE UNITED STATES. Are you proposing basically scrapping the Constitution and booting out citizens who subscribe to a faith you don't like?

He said he will kill the families of the terrorists. Controversial? Absolutley, but a solution that would put fear in these blood demons.

OK, we're talking about terrorists. You really think they value human life? You think that's a solution. That's laughably stupid.

*crickets*

I don't pretend to have all the answers to complex issues.

*crickets*
I'm surprised Trump didn't want to torture and cut off their heads as well. I mean if you're going to compete with the enemy on their level you might as well go all the way and become just like them.

Yesterday, Trump tweeted that he wants to deport all the Muslims living here...even ones that have been here for generations. ISIS approves.

I have concluded that the Democrats and liberals have no idea how to stop the greatest threat to our civilization. Perhaps it is because they are too afraid to offend Muslims in general.

So we should just round all the Muslim-Americans and throw them into internment camps right? Because **** due process.

They come right up to the edge of saying it, then just stop.
So we should just round all the Muslim-Americans and throw them into internment camps right? Because **** due process.

No solutions are being offered by Democrats or liberals.

If this were WW2 arguing about the rights of the enemy, Japan and Germany be in U.S territory raping our women and children, taking over D.C

Back
Top Bottom