• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Democratic Ticket coming out of convention

haymarket

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If the Democratic Party wants to win big in November, the only real solution is to run a ticket of Clinton and Sanders in that order. Articles today indicate that Sanders is MORE popular with young people than Obama was in 2008. Now that is saying something.

Clinton should pick Sanders as her VP and that would unite the party. Sanders can concentrate on campaigning on college campuses all over the nation and get that vote out in force big time. It would be the true UNITY TICKET and a big success in more ways than one.

If the Democratic Party wants to win big in November, the only real solution is to run a ticket of Clinton and Sanders in that order. Articles today indicate that Sanders is MORE popular with young people than Obama was in 2008. Now that is saying something.

Clinton should pick Sanders as her VP and that would unite the party. Sanders can concentrate on campaigning on college campuses all over the nation and get that vote out in force big time. It would be the true UNITY TICKET and a big success in more ways than one.

I don't see that happening. The same was said for Obama and Hillary in 2008, but it was not necessary. I suspect that Hillary will pick a moderate...perhaps Maria Cantwell from here in Washington.

There will be no "big win" for either side. It's gonna be another nail biter...IMO.

I don't see that happening. The same was said for Obama and Hillary in 2008, but it was not necessary. I suspect that Hillary will pick a moderate...perhaps Maria Cantwell from here in Washington.

Never heard of her. No husband, no children, classic Progressive...could be a Hillary pick.

I'm thinking Huma.

Never heard of her. No husband, no children, classic Progressive...could be a Hillary pick.

I'm thinking Huma.

that made me laugh. :mrgreen:

my wag for her running mate

Tom Vilsack ....sec of agriculture and prior two terms as gov of Iowa

already in the administration

already known to most power democrats

prior governor experience

She needs a signal to the increasingly-McGovern-esque base. She might have to make an overture to someone like Warren.

I don't see Bernie being her VP unleaded she promises to adopt some positions that I don't see her adopting.

I don't see Bernie being her VP unleaded she promises to adopt some positions that I don't see her adopting.

Exactly, his followers would see it as a betrayal of sorts otherwise. And there's no way she's going to put herself on the hook for all of the parts of Bernies platform that she's adopted, never mind the parts she hasn't. It would interfere with her plan to completely forget everything she said in the primaries in order to adjust the focal point of her pandering for the general.

She doesn't think she needs Bernies help anyway. And she might be right. The 2 leading Republican candidates happen to be the only 2 she could beat.

Exactly, his followers would see it as a betrayal of sorts otherwise. And there's no way she's going to put herself on the hook for all of the parts of Bernies platform that she's adopted, never mind the parts she hasn't. It would interfere with her plan to completely forget everything she said in the primaries in order to adjust the focal point of her pandering for the general.

She doesn't think she needs Bernies help anyway. And she might be right. The 2 leading Republican candidates happen to be the only 2 she could beat.

So why haven't the repubs put up a candidate that could beat her? Seems kind of dumb.

So why haven't the repubs put up a candidate that could beat her? Seems kind of dumb.

I don't know. He was on every ballot so far, but has struggled to get out of single digits with a few exceptions. Everyone in the republican primaries seems to want to vote Trump, or get behind Cruz to stop Trump. "May the best man win" never really made it close to the top of the priority list. We'll see though, anything could happen at the convention assuming Trump doesn't get his 1237 and if they're willing to face the pitchfork armed angry mob. They may not be as dumb (or afraid of angry mobs) as Shillary needs them to be.

I don't know. He was on every ballot so far, but has struggled to get out of single digits with a few exceptions. Everyone in the republican primaries seems to want to vote Trump, or get behind Cruz to stop Trump. "May the best man win" never really made it close to the top of the priority list. We'll see though, anything could happen at the convention assuming Trump doesn't get his 1237 and if they're willing to face the pitchfork armed angry mob. They may not be as dumb (or afraid of angry mobs) as Shillary needs them to be.
I think conservatism is losing big time. They should find a moderate candidate or they are doomed IMO.

she isn't going to pick Sanders. Vermont isn't going to vote for trump. if she's smart, she'll take a swing state off of the map.

if she's smarter, she'll give up the scripted thing that she always does. i don't even believe her when she laughs. always looks like she's acting. that sort of thing sunk Romney.

I don't see him taking an ineffectual position such as VP...it would be a waste of 4 years for him.... and he's getting a little long in the tooth to be taking on a position where he can't do much of anything.

he might take a slot in her cabinet, but I doubt it's gonna be as VP.

Hillary should name her husband as VP... unlike her, people actually still like him
we all know he would be a "trusted advisor' anyways... might as well make it official.

I think conservatism is losing big time. They should find a moderate candidate or they are doomed IMO.

oh, I don't think ideology is the reason they are losing now... I think it's personalities.

regardless of ideology, Trump is an asshole and Cruz is creepy.

demeanor is pretty important to the position of head spokesmodel, and these 2 are just awful.

oh, I don't think ideology is the reason they are losing now... I think it's personalities.

demeanor is pretty important to the position of head spokesmodel, and these 2 are just awful.

But don't you think conservatism is being branded by those "awful" individuals? I do.

I agree, but repubs are so disenchanted with their party is why Trump is leading and the grand old party has no choice but to try and disenfranchise Trump and back the lesser of two evils.

But don't you think conservatism is being branded by those "awful" individuals? I do.

no, i don't... they aren't really pushing an ideology.... mostly, they are having the political equivalent of food fights.

I don't look at Sanders and believe he's branding liberalism ( which is good, because he's not a liberal)

you can certainly make the argument that they are branding their party... but not an ideology.

If Clinton gets the nomination, her VP pick remains Sen. S. Brown.

At least the VP debate will be about issues, with both candidates from Ohio .

I agree, but repubs are so disenchanted with their party is why Trump is leading and the grand old party has no choice but to try and disenfranchise Trump and back the lesser of two evils.
The same in the Democratic Party- Hillary was the anointed one and along comes Bernie.
And if the youth vote does not turn out for her, could spell big trouble for her.

The same in the Democratic Party- Hillary was the anointed one and along comes Bernie.
And if the youth vote does not turn out for her, could spell big trouble for her.

The youth vote you speak of did not turn out in 2010 and 2014--already spelling big trouble for Dems.

The youth are too lazy to get voter ID, as we just saw in Wisconsin .

He couldn't possibly accept. That would be him just selling out to the establishment. The guy is a true believer.

The youth vote you speak of did not turn out in 2010 and 2014--already spelling big trouble for Dems.

The youth are too lazy to get voter ID, as we just saw in Wisconsin .

They did in Obamas elections though.

He couldn't possibly accept. That would be him just selling out to the establishment. The guy is a true believer.

I'm sure his French-Canadian wind-mill corporate masters would agree with you.

Why would Clinton give this nader-on-steroids gadfly the VP when he just handed the GOP the general by calling her "unqualified".

This Clinton/Sanders spat is just what the doctor ordered for your GOP and their ad-men .

They did in Obamas elections though.

Obama's elections are history--as are the House and Senate due to Democrats forgetting to vote in 2010 and 2014.
44 million less Americans voted in 2014 compared to 2008--an exact one-third.

Sanders taking it to the "unqualified" level just gave away any advantage DEMs gained from the GOP primary chaos .

Back
Top Bottom