• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The democrat response was weak and full of lies

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The democrat response last night was weak and filled with lies. I was probably the worst response by either party ever.

A big example of a lie she tried to pass off was the civil right voting act. The fact is 74% of democrats voted against it. Democrats have perpetuated that lie for years, and even this fool has been brain washed to believe this lie.

The democrat response last night was weak and filled with lies. I was probably the worst response by either party ever.

A big example of a lie she tried to pass off was the civil right voting act. The fact is 74% of democrats voted against it. Democrats have perpetuated that lie for years, and even this fool has been brain washed to believe this lie.
That's not a fact.

You're posting a lie. Seriously, don’t you think by now that folks here know to double check everything you say?

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/89-1965/s78

Horse bleep. 74% of the No Votes were from Senate democrats (not surprising given the number of Southern Democrats). 46 Senate Democrats voted Yes (69%) and 21 of them (31%) voted No on the legislation.

That's not a fact.

But it is. Google the vote for the civil rights act. It was the republicans voting for it that let it pass. Dont believe old democrat lies.

another dumb, pathetic attempt at trolling> it's ridiculous this forum is full of complete morons

But it is. Google the vote for the civil rights act. It was the republicans voting for it that let it pass. Dont believe old democrat lies.
You mean the voting rights act don't you? The civil rights act was in 64', the voting rights act in 65'. If you don't know that much why should I trust you know the vote tally? Do you by any chance know the party of the President who signed both those pieces of legislation into law?

Horse bleep. 74% of the No Votes were from Senate democrats (not surprising given the number of Southern Democrats). 46 Senate Democrats voted Yes (69%) and 21 of them (31%) voted No on the legislation.

The point you are not including. Johnson knew he would lose the southern democrats if the vote passed, it did and sure as the sun comes up, the dems of the south turned republican. Good riddance to the southern dems is what I say.

The point you are not including. Johnson knew he would lose the southern democrats if the vote passed, it did and sure as the sun comes up, the dems of the south turned republican. Good riddance to the southern dems is what I say.

Yester-year's Southern Dems, today's Southern Republicans... same conservatives.

Yup, still as racist as ever.

I wouldn't say that exactly. I grew up in South Georgia and I can tell a difference from the 80's to now and we can definitely see a difference between the 50's and the 80's. Time is making things better but it's still a long ways from where it should be.

I wouldn't say that exactly. I grew up in South Georgia and I can tell a difference from the 80's to now and we can definitely see a difference between the 50's and the 80's. Time is making things better but it's still a long ways from where it should be.

I can agree with that. My first encounter with racism was in florida in the early sixties. On vacation from philly my brother and I (10 &12 years old) were on our way to the local swimming hole when a black woman and her child were walking up the sidewalk towards us, as we got closer, the woman and child stepped off the sidewalk to let us pass. Even at that age I thought that was strange but I didn't understand the reason. I have been living in flori-duh for thirty years, things are changing but still the racial divide is still very real.

Please. All data shows that at the time of the civil rights act vote, all republicans were 4 dimensional tesseract holograms from the Lizard People who rule this planet from orbit.

I hope you never get tired of proving that the left is correct.

Back
Top Bottom