• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Dem, Rep or Texan test...

VoodooChild

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Texan?

==============

Here is a little test that will help you decide.

========================================

The answer can be found by posing the following question:

============================

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife
and two small children.

Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, praises Allah, 'Allahu Akbar' raises the knife, and charges at you...

You are carrying a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot.

You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.

What do you do?

THINK CAREFULLY AND
THEN SCROLL DOWN:

Democrat's Answer:

• Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!

• Does the man look poor or oppressed?

• Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?

• Could we run away?

• What does my wife think?

• What about the kids?

• Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?

• What does the law say about this situation?

• Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?

• Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my
children?
• Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?

• Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?

• If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?

• Should I call 9-1-1?

• Why is this street so deserted?

• We need to raise taxes, have paint & weed day.

• Can we make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

• I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

• This is all so confusing!

Republican's Answer:

BANG!

Texans Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG ! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Click..... (Sounds of reloading)
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG!
BANG!
BANG!
Click

Daughter: 'Nice grouping, Daddy!'
'Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?! '

Son: 'Can I shoot the next one?!'

Wife: 'You ain't taking that to the Taxidermist!

I hope you enjoyed...

I would exterminate him with extreme prejudice. I am a Texan with a capital T. The only thing I would do different is spit on the forhead of this islamic jihadist piece of **** after I filled him full of holes. I might also go to Brookshires and buy some pork chops and return to the scene and shove one of them pork chops down his throat. :mrgreen:

I carry a .380 but he would still be dead

Well I voted Democrat once so clearly I have no sense of self-preservation.

It's be so nice if Republicans tried to even consider how Democrats actually think.

how odd, according to that, i'm a republican, which i am most definitely not, i enjoy being part of the Commonwealth.

Dang, I didn't know I was a Texan until just now. :mrgreen:

It's be so nice if Republicans tried to even consider how Democrats actually think.

It's just a joke.

I know Dems, including a few on DP, who are pro-gun and pro-self-defense... but I know some real left-leaning weenies who think almost exactly like the joke says too! :lamo

It's just a joke.

I know Dems, including a few on DP, who are pro-gun and pro-self-defense... but I know some real left-leaning weenies who think almost exactly like the joke says too! :lamo

I would disagree. It seems to me that many Democrats try to solve immediate problems, but then try to figure out the root cause of the problem so it can be neutralized there, while conservatives often... don't.

I would disagree. It seems to me that many Democrats try to solve immediate problems, but then try to figure out the root cause of the problem so it can be neutralized there, while conservatives often... don't.

I would say that deep thought and in-depth analysis is not a great strength of either Democrats or Republicans... at least not at the level of party leadership and politicians.

Otherwise.... when the bull is charging you, you deal with that first and then worry about why.

Guys, you have texan all wrong. Here you go:

kkrDk.jpg

I would say that deep thought and in-depth analysis is not a great strength of either Democrats or Republicans... at least not at the level of party leadership and politicians.

Otherwise.... when the bull is charging you, you deal with that first and then worry about why.

I disagree. Take terrorism for instance: the right's response after 9/11 was "LETS GO IN AND KILL ALL THOSE TERRORISTS TILL THEY'RE DEAD", while the left, at least certain voices in it, were saying "yes, let's go invade afghanistan and topple the Taliban, but let's also figure out the root causes of these people's insanity and see what can be done on that end"... to which Karl Rove promptly ridiculed them

Guys, you have texan all wrong. Here you go:

kkrDk.jpg

Pppffffffff. You call that an arsenal? I know little old ladies with more guns and ammo.

I disagree. Take terrorism for instance: the right's response after 9/11 was "LETS GO IN AND KILL ALL THOSE TERRORISTS TILL THEY'RE DEAD", while the left, at least certain voices in it, were saying "yes, let's go invade afghanistan and topple the Taliban, but let's also figure out the root causes of these people's insanity and see what can be done on that end"... to which Karl Rove promptly ridiculed them

This has what to do with shooting a criminal who is immediately, imminently (and all those other words meaning "right here and right now!") threatening your family?

Frack his reasons for doing it, kill the morterforker. :mrgreen:

This has what to do with shooting a criminal who is immediately, imminently (and all those other words meaning "right here and right now!") threatening your family?

Frack his reasons for doing it, kill the morterforker. :mrgreen:

I was mentioning this as an example of liberals trying to figure out the root causes of problems. I think any sane liberal would shoot the ****er

I was mentioning this as an example of liberals trying to figure out the root causes of problems. I think any sane liberal would shoot the ****er

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

There's a time and a place for trying to figure out the why's and wherefores, and maybe even trying to figure out what to do about them to prevent more trouble... and there's a time and a place for taking action.

I was going to chide you for you last sentence and say something like "yeah but most liberals wouldn't be armed, they don't believe in guns." Actually though, while that was largely true a couple decades ago, in recent years even most of the liberals in this country have been waking up to the fact that a .45 in hand is better than a cop on the phone any day.

Glad to have y'all join us in reality-land. :mrgreen:

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

There's a time and a place for trying to figure out the why's and wherefores, and maybe even trying to figure out what to do about them to prevent more trouble... and there's a time and a place for taking action.

I was going to chide you for you last sentence and say something like "yeah but most liberals wouldn't be armed, they don't believe in guns." Actually though, while that was largely true a couple decades ago, in recent years even most of the liberals in this country have been waking up to the fact that a .45 in hand is better than a cop on the phone any day.

Glad to have y'all join us in reality-land. :mrgreen:

I would love to have a gun in my possession in case I needed it, I just can't justify the expense at this point... though I would be afraid that if I'm ever mugged at gunpoint again, my gun would be pretty useless.

I would love to have a gun in my possession in case I needed it, I just can't justify the expense at this point... though I would be afraid that if I'm ever mugged at gunpoint again, my gun would be pretty useless.

As I've said in other threads, a gun is just a hunk of steel unless you have the skills to go along with it. I teach various self-protection courses to regular citizens, and a big part of it is awareness, threat recognition, and avoidance (preferred) or tactical response (if necessary) intended to give you the best possible chances of staying ahead of the curve.

I'm hardly unique in this, there are many such courses and instructors, some of them expensive and others very reasonable. I certainly recommend that anyone who is going to carry get some good training.

As I've said in other threads, a gun is just a hunk of steel unless you have the skills to go along with it. I teach various self-protection courses to regular citizens, and a big part of it is awareness, threat recognition, and avoidance (preferred) or tactical response (if necessary) intended to give you the best possible chances of staying ahead of the curve.

I'm hardly unique in this, there are many such courses and instructors, some of them expensive and others very reasonable. I certainly recommend that anyone who is going to carry get some good training.

I'm just thinking in that specific situation that if someone already has a gun drawn on me, I'm not going to be able to draw my gun and do anything before I'd get shot first. Does that sound right?

I'm just thinking in that specific situation that if someone already has a gun drawn on me, I'm not going to be able to draw my gun and do anything before I'd get shot first. Does that sound right?

This was kind of my point. With the right sort of training in how to recognize situations, "terrain" and people who constitute a "risk situation", and how to avoid or mitigate those factors, the odds that you will find yourself on the low end of the bell-curve (ie caught flatfooted and unready with someone already pointing a gun at you) would be dramatically reduced.

Victims of violent crimes often say something like "he came out of nowhere and suddenly there was a gun in my face!" or "he seemed like an okay guy then all the sudden he attacked me."
The truth of the matter is that these things don't happen in a vaccuum. There are almost always indicators that a properly trained person would pick up on as warning signs; also places I call "vulnerability spots" that are practically ideal for some kind of criminal ambush or confrontation. People who have intentions to do you harm invariably demonstrate body language, voice tone or behaviors that indicate their intentions, if you know what to look for.

Some of this stuff I learned as a cop. Some of it I learned from training with top pro's. Some I learned the hard way. It may sound complicated, but honestly a 3 hour class in this stuff can double your chances of detecting a problem before it reaches the point-of-no-return, and having a chance to take action before you're too deep into the trap to get out in one piece.

I emphasize avoidance heavily in my classes, reasoning that it is almost always better to see trouble coming and go elsewhere than to confront it as a private citizen. Sometimes this isn't possible and confrontation is inevitable... this is why I also teach tactical positioning and mental tripwires so that my students don't end up so far behind the OODA-loop that they have a gun in their face while theirs is still in the holster.

An example I've mentioned on DP before occurred in Walmart parking lot some years ago. My son and I were headed for the entrance, having had to park way back in the lot. A man was walking straight towards us, with a fixed stare. Various elements of his body language indicated a possible threat. I pushed my son to one side, while stepping sideways myself, and turned enough to see behind me... because I always assume that if someone is coming at me from the front, he has a partner coming up behind me. Sure enough, there the guy was, making a beeline for our backs: fixed stare, tension in the shoulders, one hand in his pocket.
I moved us a little further to the side and secured a grip on my firearm, but did not yet draw. Both men stopped in their tracks, and then looked at each other. One seemed to shake his head very very slightly. Both men then turned and walked directly away from us quickly.

There is no way to be certain what would have happened if I (and my child, about 10 or 11 then) had walked on oblivious to the two probable-thugs, but based on a knowlege of street-crime this is what probably would have happened: the front man would have approached openly and gotten our attention with some kind of "approach": a harmless question, or an escalating interview, or a threatening confrontation, depending. While my attention was fixed on him, number Two would have come up behind me and either put a gun to my head, a knife to my throat, or smoked me over the noggin' with a sap. They would then have done whatever they intended to do: rob us, kidnap my son, who knows.

I spotted the set-up early and moved to stay out of the jaws of the trap. I also secured a grip on my pistol, and while I did not display it, I'm sure they recognized what I was doing; that possibly deterred them from coming straight on in and depending on the advantage of numbers to succeed.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. It usually keeps you from finding yourself in total-no-win situations, like someone with a gun in your face when you're completely unready to take action.

Well, actually that isn't a TOTAL no-win scenario. There are some options for persons who have had ECQ training (extreme close-quarters combat). You can muzzle-avert as you draw, or go for a disarm, depending. There are also distractions and so forth... some of these things I don't wish to describe on an open forum where you never know who might be "listening".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom