• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Definitive "Why I Oppose Hillary Clinton!" Thread

Enlighten Me

Reaction score
Southern MO, USA, Earth, System 374655598, Galaxy
Political Leaning
Moderate
Seems only appropriate since there is a "The Definitive "Why I Oppose Trump!" Thread"

A blurb about a poll that said a large percentage of voter are voting for Donald Trump because they are voting AGAINST Hillary Clinton. So here is your chance.

Hillary is right up there with Donald Trump in the polls about "not being trustworthy". Not being "truthful". Liar, is the drumbeat of the opposition.

Now lets support our beliefs with verifiable facts where we can. Provide links to your sources of information.

All career politicians are liars to one degree or another. Asking me to prove Clinton is is like demanding that I prove that grass is green.

Trump is a filthy liar, too.

I support Trump, however, because I want change. Clinton is more dangerous, long term, than Trump. Clinton is "stay the course", even though that course is eventually to go off a cliff. Trump is more like a Forrest fire. Not a good thing, and lots of people could get hurt, but it's the only way to regrow the Forrest, imo. Sometimes, even a change for the worse is better than no change at all.

I would vote for anyone against Hillary but, I don't believe Trump is a horrible choice. He admits to knowing what I feel are some of our greatest problems. Something most Pols won't.

Hillary is right up there with Donald Trump in the polls about "not being trustworthy". Not being "truthful". Liar, is the drumbeat of the opposition.

I trust Hillary.

I trust her to defend a woman's right to choose.
I trust her to believe what science, not fossil fuel industry, says.
I trust her to believe in mainstream Keynesian economics, and in an important role for an independent central bank.
I trust her to defend middle class interests, and not privatize Social Security or curb Medicare coverage.
I trust her to use sound judgement, guided by a great deal of experience and knowledge, in foreign affairs.
I trust her not to slash taxes on the already rich.

Don't you?

Last edited:
I would vote for anyone against Hillary but, I don't believe Trump is a horrible choice. He admits to knowing what I feel are some of our greatest problems. Something most Pols won't.

"Some of our greatest problems"? You mean, like, old white narrow-minded poorly educated guys aren't in charge anymore? Is that what you mean?

Trump is more like a Forrest fire. Not a good thing, and lots of people could get hurt, but it's the only way to regrow the Forrest, imo. Sometimes, even a change for the worse is better than no change at all.
I think some German voters bought this argument for the election of a megalomaniac in 1932. Lots of people got hurt as I recall before that "forest fire" ended.

"Some of our greatest problems"? You mean, like, old white narrow-minded poorly educated guys aren't in charge anymore? Is that what you mean?

As far as I'm tracking, the creators of the Constitution and those to participated in the creation of our country were well educated and extremely intelligent.

I think some German voters bought this argument for the election of a megalomaniac in 1932. Lots of people got hurt as I recall before that "forest fire" ended.

Germany was repeating the same course of action they went through only decades earlier. Mostly thinking they were superior to the rest of the world.

Hillary is more comparable to Hitler than Trump with her anti-2nd amendment jargon.

When you strip away all the BS, and it's February first, the new president is getting comfortable. The news suddenly gets really boring. Your thoughts return to yourself and your personal circumstances.

Me, I'm a believer that a strong economy cures all ills. After all, every nickel of tax money originated in the private sector. When the government takes too much, productivity suffers and so does tax revenue.

I can't start or stop a war. I can't end poverty.

My choices are simple: "Who will expand the tax base?" I can't do that by myself. I want businesses to hire people and get them paying taxes.

To me this is the sum total of the race.

When you strip away all the BS, and it's February first, the new president is getting comfortable. The news suddenly gets really boring. Your thoughts return to yourself and your personal circumstances.

Me, I'm a believer that a strong economy cures all ills. After all, every nickel of tax money originated in the private sector. When the government takes too much, productivity suffers and so does tax revenue.

I can't start or stop a war. I can't end poverty.

My choices are simple: "Who will expand the tax base?" I can't do that by myself. I want businesses to hire people and get them paying taxes.

To me this is the sum total of the race.

Agreed.

It boils down to this:

One candidate represents enhanced status quo, and the other anything but status quo.

Either the current state of things is good, and more of the same is preferred, or it's not.

A rather simple choice.

If people stopped worrying about who isnt in charge and started worrying about who is in charge. we would not be in the mess we are in.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Germany was repeating the same course of action they went through only decades earlier. Mostly thinking they were superior to the rest of the world.

Hillary is more comparable to Hitler than Trump with her anti-2nd amendment jargon.

No, not even close. The Hitler analogies everybody loved to toss out about any politician they dislike are getting old very fast.

No, not even close. The Hitler analogies everybody loved to toss out about any politician they dislike are getting old very fast.

It's usually a conversation stopper but, Hillary has said she would use EO for gun control...something the Nazis did.

It's usually a conversation stopper but, Hillary has said she would use EO for gun control...something the Nazis did.

Ignoring the fact that a handful of rifles wouldn't have stopped the Nazis anyway; many other countries have had one form of gun control or another. Are they all Nazis?

Ignoring the fact that a handful of rifles wouldn't have stopped the Nazis anyway; many other countries have had one form of gun control or another. Are they all Nazis?

do they have the same language in their constitution as we do?

2A means a lot to people....

do they have the same language in their constitution as we do?

2A means a lot to people....

Nonsensically accusing people of being Nazis or planning "Nazi like" things casts them in a bad light though

Agreed.

It boils down to this:

One candidate represents enhanced status quo, and the other anything but status quo.

Either the current state of things is good, and more of the same is preferred, or it's not.

A rather simple choice.

Too simple. Not the status quo can contain a wide range of possibilities, some better, some worse. Just because something is bad doesn't mean it can't get worse.

That status quo could be like having my finger caught in a door. It sucks and I'd like it made better ASAP, but not the status quo could range from opening the door to having an ice pick shoved into my temple. One I would strongly prefer to the status quo, the other, not so much.

Trump is not Hitler. Hitler was very smart, and a great speaker.

Agreed.

It boils down to this:

A rather simple choice.
Exactly. Liberal, democrat, republican, concervative...none of that matters.

You either want four more years of Obama, or not.

Too simple. Not the status quo can contain a wide range of possibilities, some better, some worse. Just because something is bad doesn't mean it can't get worse.

That status quo could be like having my finger caught in a door. It sucks and I'd like it made better ASAP, but not the status quo could range from opening the door to having an ice pick shoved into my temple. One I would strongly prefer to the status quo, the other, not so much.
A risk I'm willing to take.

Trump won't kill the union. But he might break Washington.

I think you have to keep it a little more simple if you're going to boil it down.

Clinton is pure status quo, and Trump is not.

Exactly. Liberal, democrat, republican, concervative...none of that matters.

You either want four more years of Obama, or not.

That's how I see it.

Trump sure seems to be anything but another 4 years of Obama, and given the mood of many voters, that may be enough.

Trump is not Hitler. Hitler was very smart, and a great speaker.
The Trump "forest fire" may not be worse than Hitler's, but uncontrolled forest fires are notoriously unpredictable events. I'm not willing to risk one, even for a not very smart poor public speaker like Trump, as you characterize him.

The Trump "forest fire" may not be worse than Hitler's, but uncontrolled forest fires are notoriously unpredictable events. I'm not willing to risk one, even for a not very smart poor public speaker like Trump, as you characterize him.

Then vote for more of the same, and end up a slowly boiled frog.

Back
Top Bottom