• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The death of Journalists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Every time I see that another journalist has been murdered while sticking his nose into the affairs of some third world hell hole, I wonder what the fuss is about.

In my opinion, journalists are a dime a dozen and make roaches look desirable. Journalists are rabble rousers; they represent the lowest common denominator in any situation; the truth is a foreign entity to most journalists. IMO, they are journalists because they lack the intellect to be teachers.

I cannot bring myself to care about any of them.

Good riddance to all of them.

Agreed. They are adults who make decisions to go where they go.

My niece and her husband plan to visit California on their honeymoon. All I can do is warn them and pray. Thank God Almighty they don't want to visit some third world ****hole, just this leftcoast ****hole.

My niece and her husband plan to visit California on their honeymoon. All I can do is warn them and pray. Thank God Almighty they don't want to visit some third world ****hole, just this leftcoast ****hole.

I have lived in the Golden State for my 81 years.

California is a harbinger of what the United States will eventually become.

I think that you are being too harsh on the profession (which I have always loved since I was a kid who "published" my own newspaper for my family).

Yes, reporters are not necessarily angels or heroes.

But there ARE some reporters (especially) in foreign countries who are trying to report the truth and are being murdered (e.g., in Mexico).

Here in the United States, the venom of university-educated advocates calling themselves "journalists" has, indeed, besmirched the honorable profession of journalism.

I suspect that some genuine liberals wince at the unhinged behavior of many "journalists" in print media and on TV.

Last edited:
Every time I see that another journalist has been murdered while sticking his nose into the affairs of some third world hell hole, I wonder what the fuss is about.
In my opinion, journalists are a dime a dozen and make roaches look desirable. Journalists are rabble rousers; they represent the lowest common denominator in any situation; the truth is a foreign entity to most journalists. IMO, they are journalists because they lack the intellect to be teachers.
Friend of Sayoc?
730FB91E-7C38-49DC-8715-8A7B3496C150.jpg

Be careful what you say, SmokethatGreen, police will review your social media posts later for evidence.

I have lived in the Golden State for my 81 years.
California is a harbinger of what the United States will eventually become.
Yet you’ve stayed there for 81 years. Says more about you than CA.

Yet you’ve stayed there for 81 years. Says more about you than CA.

He was establishing his expertise on the subject of California, which is wholly appropriate.

Better luck next time.

He was establishing his expertise on the subject of California, which is wholly appropriate.
Better luck next time.
I understood his post, genius. His purported “expertise” wasn’t the only message in it.

Many “journalists” are like politicians and feel they should be exempt from criticism they heap on others. They call Trump mentally ill, a traitor, a child, on and on and when he responds that they’re full of sh** or fake news, they’re just aghast that he would dare say something like that and OMG it’s so dangerous for him to attack them. Meanwhile, they go out and accuse the Border Patrol of killing a little girl and cops of being racist murderers and actually side against our military and wonder why their cries fall on deaf ears.

Last edited:

Indeed the current crop of MSM journalists is incredibly low. They have practically banned all investigative journalism and that is the problem. Good investigative journalists are always the ones that break the important news and in this day and age the MSM wants to control the narrative and that kills the truth. It must be good for profits because that is the motivating force to own various MSM. I think good investigative journalists are the salt of the Earth and sorely needed in this Nation.
/

Many “journalists” are like politicians and feel they should be exempt from criticism they heap on others. They call Trump mentally ill, a traitor, a child, on and on and when he responds that they’re full of sh** or fake news, they’re just aghast that he would dare say something like that and OMG it’s so dangerous for him to attack them. Meanwhile, they go out and accuse the Border Patrol of killing a little girl and cops of being racist murderers and actually side against our military and wonder why their cries fall on deaf ears.

Literally the worst thing you could have ranted on about, in a thread with an OP like that.

Indeed the current crop of MSM journalists is incredibly low. They have practically banned all investigative journalism and that is the problem. Good investigative journalists are always the ones that break the important news and in this day and age the MSM wants to control the narrative and that kills the truth. It must be good for profits because that is the motivating force to own various MSM. I think good investigative journalists are the salt of the Earth and sorely needed in this Nation.
/
There are great investigative journalists in America. You just aren’t able/willing to acknowledge it.

One of the worst OP's in this forum in sometime.

I get not liking what journalism has to say these days, their incessant need to inject their own politics into both news and commentary about it, and how divisive things have become because of what modern journalism means to those business models.

But having such callous disregard for their lives shows a complete lack of humanity on your part.

Literally the worst thing you could have ranted on about, in a thread with an OP like that.

I think you botched the “literally” protocol. Admittedly, I kind of blew off the OP thinking he’s frikkin high anyway. :lol:

Last edited:
/

Investigative journalism is banned?

Where?

By what laws?

I know they tend to die in Russia..

Journalists brought to light social, political and health issues...

Meat packing, the Pentagon papers, Watergate, etc.

Then move to Russia where you can have a full on autocrat, authoritarian, cleptocrat regime like you desire, not Putin's puppet wannabe, King Tangface, in America where we have different values.:roll:

Your guy is going down, it's a fact, an inevitability. Many ways it can happen, not sure which, but that he will go down at this point is a foregone conclusion.:2rofll:

We just haven't been able to find one.....
Then you must not know how to do simple internet searches. Google “2018 investigative journalism awards” or “2018 American journalism awards” and you will be presented with a plethora of journalists/awards to review.

You’re welcome.

One of the worst OP's in this forum in sometime.

I get not liking what journalism has to say these days, their incessant need to inject their own politics into both news and commentary about it, and how divisive things have become because of what modern journalism means to those business models.

But having such callous disregard for their lives shows a complete lack of humanity on your part.

I don't wish journalists any harm - I just wish they'd go away and stop their non-stop lamenting every time some incompetent hack ends up dead.

Look at Kachogi - the guy was a terrorsupporting islamofascist - and the fake news journos act as though he was a hero.

Are they the folks who gave Obama the Peace Prize? What a shame they don't do work where we can see them. You are welcome.
Then you must not know how to do simple internet searches. Google “2018 investigative journalism awards” or “2018 American journalism awards” and you will be presented with a plethora of journalists/awards to review.

You’re welcome.

Investigative journalism is banned?Where?By what laws?I know they tend to die in Russia..
You've probably had another stressful day pickin' the fly crap outta' the pepper. You couldn't recognize an investigative journalist if one was hanging out your ass where you get your news./

The only thing standing between tyranny and the public is the Free Press.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of American values or values where freedom is concerned, a primary one of which would not be a Cavalier attitude towards the murdering of human beings

So they are not the folks who gave Obama the Peace Prize. Great. Thanks for figuring out what the question was. Do you have any idea what it was he did to get the award? No one else does either.
Journalists and journalism awards groups/committees have zero to do with awarding Nobel prizes, genius.

For your education: https://www.nobelprize.org/nomination/peace/

You’re welcome, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom