• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The deal we knew wasn’t a deal

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Suspended
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Trump’s fake “compromise” package:

- 3 years protection, which will mostly overlap with the period of time before a final ruling on DHS’s recision of the memo, meaning very little extra protection is given.
- Applies to those currently on DACA, not the eligible persons, so only 700,000 people. The rest he still wants to deport.

So, it’s temporary protections that exist anyway by way of the injunction against the recision that ignored the APA procedures required for recision. They're even calling this the "Bridge Act", which is another lie. The actual Bridge act was pushed by Lindsey Graham (of all people) and Dick Durbin, which would have granted status to the pool of those who are DACA-eligible. This is a huge reduction from that number.

- Changes asylum law to make it far more difficult for individuals to apply for asylum. (Touted as “a new way to apply”). They would first have to apply outside the US in centers not yet in existence in Central America.
- Yearly cap of 15,000 asylum seekers.

So its another huge reduction in an avenue of legal immigration, for the people who need to escape the most, and further continues the administration's assault on legal immigration (despite their claims to want immigrants to come here legally, not illegally; those allegedly smug liberals were right when they joked about them just not liking brown people. They want to quash immigration, period).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...n-unmasked-total-sham/?utm_term=.ddf7c9e8b5b5

Compromise means each side gives the other something meaningful that they don’t want to give.

Compromise does not mean taking hostages, issuing demands, and then offering merely to undo damage already unlawfully done, while also including poison pills that would massively shrink legal immigration.

These swine cannot be trusted.

- 3 years protection, which will mostly overlap with the period of time before a final ruling on DHS’s recision of the memo, meaning very little extra protection is given.
- Applies to those currently on DACA, not the eligible persons, so only 700,000 people. The rest he still wants to deport.

So, it’s temporary protections that exist anyway by way of the injunction against the recision that ignored the APA procedures required for recision. They're even calling this the "Bridge Act", which is another lie. The actual Bridge act was pushed by Lindsey Graham (of all people) and Dick Durbin, which would have granted status to the pool of those who are DACA-eligible. This is a huge reduction from that number.

- Changes asylum law to make it far more difficult for individuals to apply for asylum. (Touted as “a new way to apply”). They would first have to apply outside the US in centers not yet in existence in Central America.

So its another huge reduction in an avenue of legal immigration, for the people who need to escape the most, and further continues the administration's assault on legal immigration (despite their claims to want immigrants to come here legally, not illegally; those allegedly smug liberals were right when they joked about them just not liking brown people. They want to quash immigration, period).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...n-unmasked-total-sham/?utm_term=.ddf7c9e8b5b5

Compromise means each side gives the other something meaningful that they don’t want to give.

Compromise does not mean taking hostages, issuing demands, and then offering merely to undo damage already unlawfully done, while also including poison pills that would massively shrink legal immigration.

Negotiation means one side makes an offer...the other side makes their offer...then both sides work their offers closer together until they can come to an agreement.

Trump is trying to negotiate. The other side isn't.

So...no deal.

Negotiation means one side makes an offer...the other side makes their offer...then both sides work their offers closer together until they can come to an agreement.

So...no deal.

:lamo

So...no deal.

That is laughable at best.

What you just described would be akin to you breaking into my house, stealing my ****, and then when you have the audacity to ask for something else, telling me you will trade me the **** you stole in return, as if that is a deal for me.

Come on man....try harder.

Tell him to cram his pretend deal up his ass sideways. Then block his entire agenda until the government is open.

So...no deal.

Extortion isn't a negotiation.

So...no deal.

;)

tumblr_pjoiusQsMZ1twiwvzo1_640.png

That is laughable at best.

What you just described would be akin to you breaking into my house, stealing my ****, and then when you have the audacity to ask for something else, telling me you will trade me the **** you stole in return, as if that is a deal for me.

Come on man....try harder.

Trump is a resident in the house. He is also one of the key decision makers in the house. Kind of hard to push the notion that he's "breaking into" it.

Tell him to cram his pretend deal up his ass sideways. Then block his entire agenda until the government is open.

Opening the government won't stop the Dems from blocking his entire agenda. They'll do that anyway.

Trump is a resident in the house. He is also one of the key decision makers in the house. Kind of hard to push the notion that he's "breaking into" it.

Man, you missed that point entirely.....methinks that was purposeful.

Would it help if I said it wasn't a direct analogy?

Kinda makes your tag line seem kind of, I don't know.....ironic?

So...no deal.

No..actually that’s not what negotiation is in the slightest.

Refusing an offer...on the grounds it’s not an offer at all but less than what is actually available RIGHT NOW...without a counter-offer is a perfectly acceptable...and often effective...negotiation tactic.

Trump’s offer wasn’t an offer at all...as I said he offered LESS than what already exists.

Therefore calling it what it was...a non-offer...and offering back nothing else is the proper way to signal the illegitimacy of said “offer”.

Analogies can be hard. :lol:

Fair rebuttal.

I think the better analogy would be, Trump is the abusive drunk father of the house, who has just also developed dementia. Yeah, it's his house, but everyone knows they need to keep him in check, lest he burn it down. In the meantime, everyone's just waiting for him to die, so they can move on with their lives. :)

Opening the government won't stop the Dems from blocking his entire agenda. They'll do that anyway.

Only the really dumb stuff. Unfortunately for him...

What do you mean by “support” :lamo

sup·port
/səˈpôrt/Submit
verb
bear all or part of the weight of; hold up.
"the dome was supported by a hundred white columns"
synonyms: hold up, bear, carry, prop up, keep up, bolster up, brace, shore up, underpin, buttress, reinforce
"the roof was supported by massive stone pillars"
give assistance to, especially financially; enable to function or act.
"the government gives $2.5 billion a year to support the activities of the voluntary sector"
synonyms: help, aid, assist; More
noun
a thing that bears the weight of something or keeps it upright.
"the best support for a camera is a tripod"
synonyms: pillar, post, prop, underprop, underpinning, base, substructure, foundation; More
material assistance.
"he urged that military support be sent to protect humanitarian convoys"
synonyms: maintenance, keep, sustenance, subsistence; More

Okay, enough with the inside jokes.....back to wrecking stupidity, one post at a time...

Beware opinion columns in WAPO by far-left nutballs with a solidly left bio.

Why only 700,000? Did you check?
Where's the massive shrinking of legal immigration? Are characterizing "asylum" seekers as "legal immigrants".

Beware opinion columns in WAPO by far-left nutballs with a solidly left bio.

Why only 700,000? Did you check?=

:lamo

If YOU want to accuse WaPo of lying because they don't tell you what you want to hear, then you can go look up the proposed compromise 'bill' draft and check.

Where's the massive shrinking of legal immigration? Are characterizing "asylum" seekers as "legal immigrants".

I don't see what's terribly confusing about the article or my summary of it. I'm not wasting time defending it to someone who is happy to insinuate that someone else is lying just because they're a "liberal", especially when that someone has already excused themselves of having to do to the work to proving it wrong.

So...no deal.

You don't negotiate with "I'm shutting the entire government down unless I get what I want or unless you meet me in the middle!"

If Trump wants to negotiate he shouldn't do it with a gun up to 800,000 federal employees heads. Period. I can't stress this enough. He can go **** himself until he understands he's the president and can't take hostages just to negotiate.

So...no deal.

They can negotiate with the government open.

One can hope, we're at least going to try to control some of the damage he's doing that the right accepts as fine.

Back
Top Bottom