• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The day the US president became a traitor, and went to war on democracy: Sep 23, 2020

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
If you care about America's democracy, watch this Rachel Maddow episode of tonight's show, at least the first half-hour of this video. trump has announced his plans to refuse to recognize the election results, and remain in power ignoring the voting. The Atlantic has reported on efforts how to do it. Whatever happens, trump has declared war on democracy, and become a traitor, intending to seize rather than earn power.

Perhaps I shouldn't discuss the contents of the video to encourage watching it, but I'll mention that the scheming going on involves taking advantage of a loophole in the constitution. You assume votes matter. But the constitution says that electors - who actually vote for the president - will be determined by any method the state legislature says.

Since the late 19th century, all states have had the popular vote determine the electors, so people take it for granted. But there is nothing preventing, say, a swing state with a Republican legislature from saying they don't trust the vote counting, and so they're directly naming the electors to make sure the people are represented, and assigning all trump electors. Nothing. And there are active talks going with the trump campaign about doing it.

Honestly, I don’t believe it. It must be a hoax. The republican elected governors should take an active and historical part in making US into “little Russia”? I doubt it very much. It has to be “misinformation”.

If you care about America's democracy, watch this Rachel Maddow episode of tonight's show, at least the first half-hour of this video. trump has announced his plans to refuse to recognize the election results, and remain in power ignoring the voting. The Atlantic has reported on efforts how to do it. Whatever happens, trump has declared war on democracy, and become a traitor, intending to seize rather than earn power.

Yep, it dawned on me about Thanksgiving time last year that Trump and his minions would try to install him as a permanent president in OUR Country; it was the only explination for Barr's interpretation of the Mueller Report and placing the Presidency above the law.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
That "truth" was reinforced when all but one GOP member admited that he tried to bribe the Ukrainian President, with U.S. Treasure; but that it was not an impeachable offense.

Now he want's to disinfranchise ALL AmeriCANs and throw the election to the Supreme Court that he and Moscow Mitch have stacked in contravention to the Constitution of These United States.

believe them.png

He told us who he was but we elected him anyway; now it maybe too late.

244 years of struggle, of patriotism, of lives sacrificed for the love of THE Greatest Nation ever to exist ... GONE IN 4. 😢

The issue is this is not news. That Trump would never accept defeat has been known since forever. Four years ago he indicated that if he lost it was because of election fraud, but four years ago he ended up winning. Now make sure that doesn't happen again. VOTE.

No surprise here. I knew exactly who the assholes elected president. I’m good with hating them, and history showing future generations that those people were the worst America had to offer since slaveholders went to war to win the right to own other human beings.

The issue is this is not news. That Trump would never accept defeat has been known since forever. Four years ago he indicated that if he lost it was because of election fraud, but four years ago he ended up winning. Now make sure that doesn't happen again. VOTE.

It is news. trump actually SAYING it is new. Reporting on active planning going on to do it is new. It takes it from 'that seems like a dangerous possibility' to 'he is trying to do this'. If he said he lost by fraud in 2016, it wouldn't matter. Now, he can do a lot.

President of the United States of America Donald Trump appears to take pleasure in making outrageous remarks. As far as its effect on his popularity, his term in office has been marked by very little change, no matter what he says or does. Were there a 'believability' rating, President Trump would not, I suggest, score highly. This results in a great deal of uncertainty in deciding whether he will actually do what he suggests he will do. At best, we can examine his actions when in the past his bluff, if that's what they were, have been called.

There is, perhaps a sad echo in the short story, The Watchful Poker Chip of H. Matisse, by Mr. Ray Bradbury.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

President of the United States of America Donald Trump appears to take pleasure in making outrageous remarks. As far as its effect on his popularity, his term in office has been marked by very little change, no matter what he says or does. Were there a 'believability' rating, President Trump would not, I suggest, score highly. This results in a great deal of uncertainty in deciding whether he will actually do what he suggests he will do. At best, we can examine his actions when in the past his bluff, if that's what they were, have been called.

There is, perhaps a sad echo in the short story, The Watchful Poker Chip of H. Matisse, by Mr. Ray Bradbury.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Recent reporting suggest he IS doing it. The only issue is whether he will be SUCCESSFUL in convincing others to go along with his plan. So far, GOP had fallen in line in Washington. Will GOP fall in line in various states as well with this outrageous plan - remains to be seen...

In the mean time we have Trumps putting together an "ARMY" of "ABLE-BODIED" men and women for "election security". Literally.

Recent reporting suggest he IS doing it. The only issue is whether he will be SUCCESSFUL in convincing others to go along with his plan. So far, GOP had fallen in line in Washington. Will GOP fall in line in various states as well with this outrageous plan - remains to be seen...

In the mean time we have Trumps putting together an "ARMY" of "ABLE-BODIED" men and women for "election security". Literally.

Hi! Thanks for the response.

President Donald Trump is playing to his loyal voter base, as usual. The actual size of that vote will be measured come November 3rd, now but 40 days away. [Ed.: The Electoral College vote is another thing entirely, due to our curiously quirky constitution.] As far as Republican legislators both state and federal go, they will continue to follow their own perceived best interests as they have done until now.

We can expect some post-election brouhaha. How long it takes to subside will be seen as the days roll by.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Now is, perhaps, as good a time as any to consider gun ownership in the United States of America. What percent of gun owners are liberal? What percent are conservative? What percent of armed 'militias' are liberal? What percent of armed 'militias' are conservative?

Regards, stay safe and well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

What WILL Republicans do if trump steals the election - support the power grab and end of democracy in America, or defend the country from trump? Will that finally be the thing that turns them, even though they'd support him if he shot someone on Fifth Avenue? It's a serious question we could be weeks from happening, depending whether the election beats trump by a large enough margin to prevent his stealing it.

What WILL Republicans do if trump steals the election - support the power grab and end of democracy in America, or defend the country from trump? Will that finally be the thing that turns them, even though they'd support him if he shot someone on Fifth Avenue? It's a serious question we could be weeks from happening, depending whether the election beats trump by a large enough margin to prevent his stealing it.

You would hope the morality, common sense and societal responsibility of Republicans would emerge if he were elected again. He is an absolute disgraceful and degrading every last strand of moral, ethical, responsible and presidential behavior.

You would hope the morality, common sense and societal responsibility of Republicans would emerge if he were elected again. He is an absolute disgraceful and degrading every last strand of moral, ethical, responsible and presidential behavior.

I don't think there's almost any chance of that. They've stood with him all through this and would continue to if re-elected. My question is what they'll do if he steals the election, such I outlined.

These types of trash threads is why we can't have nice things.

Joe will refuse to concede, quack threads to infinity and beyond

These types of trash threads is why we can't have nice things.

Tens of thousands of extra Americans are rotting in their graves because the person you voted for down played an actual serious situation but it's the threads you're worried about.

Trump in his threats regarding the upcoming election and his actions leading into it has clearly staked out ground occupied by Erdogan in Turkey, Urban in Hungary, Lulkashenko in Belarus, Putin in Russia and any of another dozen Autocrates and dictators around the world. Trump clearly has open distain for the Republic and the smooth transition of power post election.

So we can diddle around on our little web forum all we want.....make no mistake what you are voting for if you vote for Trump in the Election of 2020. You are voting for an avowed AUTOCRAT.

I don't have blinders on. I don't doubt that for some of you if not many of you, that is just fine. For the rest, you better understand who you are lining up with if you intending to vote for Donald Trump.

I should also point out that nobody but nobody in politics or government foments Anarchy more than Donald Trump. For all his talk about Anarchists if you want to find a bunch of Anarchists just shake a tree full of Trump supporters. Anarchists will fall out of it in bushel fulls.

Last edited:
He told us who he was but we elected him anyway; now it maybe too late.

Uh, no, I didn't vote for Trump, and many other citizens didn't either. And I sure as hell won't vote for him in this election, I will be voting for Biden. I don't want a dictator running the U.S., I want a real President, something Trump is not and never has been.

Tens of thousands of extra Americans are rotting in their graves because the person you voted for down played an actual serious situation but it's the threads you're worried about.
Tens of thousands of extra americans are in graves because china and WHO lied about the virus to begin with.
WHile trump was trying to close off travel and the borders on the virus you were complaining about that along with democrats.
pelosi and the rest of the democrat crowd was encouraging people to travel and go to festivals and other things.

your faux outrage once again lacks facts go figure on that one.

Uh, no, I didn't vote for Trump, and many other citizens didn't either. And I sure as hell won't vote for him in this election, I will be voting for Biden. I don't want a dictator running the U.S., I want a real President, something Trump is not and never has been.

Amen Bro.

(I was speaking collectively. I voted for HRC, I will be voting for Joe. But if Trump pulls off his plan it may not matter. Good thing is he's let the cat out of the bag and there are patriots out there that have known this all along)

Back
Top Bottom