• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The day after.

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Time was, the day after Election Day could be spent leisurely going through the results and noting who won and who lost. The morning papers might have a few 'to be decided' notations, but the evening papers* would have complete reports.

That was then. This is now.

I've decided that I'll check the results on November 11th. That should give the noise and nonsense chance to settle down and the mail-in ballot results will have been added to the direct in-person polling figures. True, I'll miss out on some of the hyperventilating excitement, but it's a small price to pay.

About a month later, I'll find amusement in checking the on-line auction sites to see the prices that election memorabilia brings.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

* 'Morning' and 'evening' papers are something of a give-away of my age, nu?

Time was, the day after Election Day could be spent leisurely going through the results and noting who won and who lost. The morning papers might have a few 'to be decided' notations, but the evening papers* would have complete reports.

I've decided that I'll check the results on November 11th. That should give the noise and nonsense chance to settle down and the mail-in ballot results will have been added to the direct in-person polling figures. True, I'll miss out on some of the hyperventilating excitement, but it's a small price to pay.

About a month later, I'll find amusement in checking the on-line auction sites to see the prices that election memorabilia brings.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

You might end up holding off till sometime in December. Dueling lawsuits will take time.

Trump will win on November 3. Biden will try to harvest ballots for the next several months. Its going to make 2000 look smooth.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It will be decided definitively on the day of.

Except for the impotent screaming from the right.

Aside from the insane, in other words, the rest of the world will understand what happened.

Meanwhile, the dumdums, paranoids, and subhumans will think that Trump won as late as 2040.

You can't jackhammer through some bedrock.

Look around. They're wandering around in this very forum.

Throw a rock with a blindfold on. You'll hit three.

Trump will win on November 3. Biden will try to harvest ballots for the next several months. Its going to make 2000 look smooth.

Hi!

Thanks for taking time to reply.

A number of posters have made unqualified predictions on the outcome of the 2020 presidential election. Some of them will still have a choice. They can order their post-election crow raw, medium or well-done.

'Bon appetit!' may or not apply in your case.

Yes, the media can do one patriotic thing on November 3: Do NOT project a winner.

This is surely a unique election, the first time we have had a nation-wide vote-by-mail presidential election.

Let us hope that the pro- and the (mostly) anti-Trump media can actually be patriots for one night and avoid stirring up passions.

It will take a long time maybe to come up with a definitive answer as to who won the most popular votes and the most electoral votes.

(Let's also hope that the looters will not go wild on the evening of November 3. But that is no doubt hoping for too much!)

Hi!

Thanks for taking time to reply.

A number of posters have made unqualified predictions on the outcome of the 2020 presidential election. Some of them will still have a choice. They can order their post-election crow raw, medium or well-done.

'Bon appetit!' may or not apply in your case.

As qualified as any other longtime political observer. Why are those who were profoundly wrong given more credence? Polls are designed to make news and mold opinion. They are so discredited at this point they will do neither. Chaos will be this cycles "insurance" policy.

As qualified as any other longtime political observer. Why are those who were profoundly wrong given more credence? Polls are designed to make news and mold opinion. They are so discredited at this point they will do neither. Chaos will be this cycles "insurance" policy.

An excellent example of the use of polls can be found in the programs of Mr. Rush Limbaugh. One can expect sometime during any week that he will note how the polls predicted a win by Mrs. Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2016, only to be wrong! wrong! wrong!. Then at some later time he'll note, possibly with a large helping of glee added, any poll which shows conservatives in a favorable light or, alternately, liberals in unflattering illumination.

And so it goes ... [A top o' the Torus hat to the late Mr. Kurt Vonnegut.]

An excellent example of the use of polls can be found in the programs of Mr. Rush Limbaugh. One can expect sometime during any week that he will note how the polls predicted a win by Mrs. Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2016, only to be wrong! wrong! wrong!. Then at some later time he'll note, possibly with a large helping of glee added, any poll which shows conservatives in a favorable light or, alternately, liberals in unflattering illumination.

And so it goes ... [A top o' the Torus hat to the late Mr. Kurt Vonnegut.]
I believe Mondale had an insurmountable lead over Reagan, like wise Dukakis over Bush. Gore over Bush, Kerry over Bush, Hillary over Trump. Notice a pattern? When poll numbers close given their inherent bias and intent to sway toward Democrats it can be noted as can the disection of the internal numbers.

You aren't going to check your twitter feed?

There is a late night commercial that sells a chess set with Dems on one side and Reps on the other. Who would buy that?

There is a late night commercial that sells a chess set with Dems on one side and Reps on the other. Who would buy that?
Who would take the Democrat side?

Queen Pelosi, King Biden, Rooks Bill and Hillary, Knights Schiff and Nadler, Castles the 9th circuit Pawns African Americans.

Who would take the Democrat side?

Queen Pelosi, King Biden, Rooks Bill and Hillary, Knights Schiff and Nadler, Castles the 9th circuit Pawns African Americans.

The repukes would all be the malignant narcissist, scumbag lying POS because that is all you need and he knows more than anyone. Certainly more than his idiot supporters.

The repukes would all be the malignant narcissist, scumbag lying POS because that is all you need and he knows more than anyone. Certainly more than his idiot supporters.
Trump alone would win. On that I agree.

I believe Mondale had an insurmountable lead over Reagan, like wise Dukakis over Bush. Gore over Bush, Kerry over Bush, Hillary over Trump. Notice a pattern? When poll numbers close given their inherent bias and intent to sway toward Democrats it can be noted as can the disection of the internal numbers.

Hi!

A quick check of the Dukakis/Bush polling data had Mr. Michael Dukakis winning early on, but as the weeks rolled by, he fell behind in the polls and was not shown as winning when Election Day neared. I've not bothered to check the others, but it suggests that the argument of Democratic poll bias may not be supported by the facts.

[Torus looks ashamed and embarassed.]

Hi!

I don't have a Twitter(r) account ...

The existence of the set, however, suggests that someone, possibly in China, is ready to capitalize on the political polarization currently extant in the Good Old United States of America. I did notice an ad for a Trump lighter. The EBay(r) prices on these and similar things [Am I mistaken, or are there more Trump items than Biden items?] by summer, 2021, will be something I'll check.

Addendum. I checked the chess set ad site. A giveaway was the sentence, "It was produced in limited quantities and inspected for quality in the United States." This translates into 'Made in China' or similar COO statement.

Last edited:

Indeed; as is my memory of morning and midday mail deliveries in London, milk in glass bottles delivered daily, 'rag and bone' men with a horse and cart (you have to be English), travelling to school by train behind steam locomotives-and the blissful peace of all shops being shut on Sunday...

Indeed; as is my memory of morning and midday mail deliveries in London, milk in glass bottles delivered daily, 'rag and bone' men with a horse and cart (you have to be English), travelling to school by train behind steam locomotives-and the blissful peace of all shops being shut on Sunday...

Hi!

'Twas a different time. People, I think, had more time to devote to people. The Great Depression in the US was a time not only of hardship but also a time of shared kindnesses. I cannot help but contrast that with the personal nastiness evidenced on this and other social forums today.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

[Torus looks ashamed and embarassed.]

Hi!

I don't have a Twitter(r) account ...

The existence of the set, however, suggests that someone, possibly in China, is ready to capitalize on the political polarization currently extant in the Good Old United States of America. I did notice an ad for a Trump lighter. The EBay(r) prices on these and similar things [Am I mistaken, or are there more Trump items than Biden items?] by summer, 2021, will be something I'll check.

Addendum. I checked the chess set ad site. A giveaway was the sentence, "It was produced in limited quantities and inspected for quality in the United States." This translates into 'Made in China' or similar COO statement.

I don't have a twitter account either. LOL!

There is also "trumpy bear" on late night TV. He goes every where with you. Pretty creepy.

Trumpy-Bear-Collectors-620x442.jpg

Back
Top Bottom