• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The daughter of an unvaccinated man who died of COVID-19 says Tucker Carlson and misinformation 'played a role' in his vaccine hesitancy

It has literally broken families and left kids parentless and some kids even orphaned.

And the Talking Heads are still churning out the propaganda and the American people have not shouted them down.

It's disgusting.
I agree.

And I will add that people here churn out the anti-vaccination and anti safety propaganda which then causes more Americans to die.

That's disgusting as well.

And I will add that people here churn out the anti-vaccination and anti safety propaganda which then causes more Americans to die.

It is immoral.

I would hope that the normal people here don’t believe that crap.
As for the others - we won’t change their minds. Covid will.

It is a matter of stupidity to ignore someone like Fauci...who's credentials are easily googled...and go with someone like Carlson instead. Sorry, that's just a fact. It's a stupidity enabled by a bias stronger than good sense.

Fauci's credentials are a decades long list of public service and research to improve lives. Carlson is a talking head supported by advertisers. Now look how devastated this man's family is.

IMO, all because the 'wrong administration is backing it.' That's my guess...and that (ignorant) prejudice produced a higher hurdle for his biased brain to overcome.

The daughter of an unvaccinated man who died of COVID-19 says Tucker Carlson and misinformation 'played a role' in his vaccine hesitancy

The daughter of an unvaccinated man who died of COVID-19 told CNN's "New Day" on Monday she believes Fox News host Tucker Carlson and misinformation "played a role" in her father's vaccine hesitancy.

Katie and Evan Lane spoke to "New Day" about their father, 45-year-old Patrick Lane, who recently died from the virus.

"He wasn't by any means far-right. He was right in the middle, and he consumed media from both sides, and just some of the misinformation on one of those sides made him hesitant," Katie Lane said. "He was going to wait for FDA approval, but by the time that Pfizer had been approved, it was already too late."

Anchor John Berman later said Katie Lane had said "one media source in particular" impacted her father's vaccine hesitancy, and asked her to clarify.

"He watched some Tucker Carlson videos on YouTube, and some of those videos involved some misinformation about vaccines, and I believe that that played a role," she said.

end quote

More people will call out right wing as they lose loved ones, and at some point some of those people will take action to address these right winger who promote this anti-vaccine spin and denialism.

People wake up when things hit in their own homes, and some will lose husbands, wives, children will loose parents, and parents will lose children and everyone is not going to take it and remain silent. At some point they will tie it all back to Trump's lying about the virus... and fighting against mask, and it will be hell to pay for those who lured their loved ones into cycles that led to their death, which could likely have been prevented if they had followed the mandates and if Right Wing Media, Conspiracy Promoters and Trump had told the truth.

So a grieving daughter has the impression that some UNSPECIFIED information was actually some UNSPECIFIED misinformation, and she "believed" for unknown reasons that it had a role in her father not getting vaccinated. WOW what an awesome story. :rolleyes:

That has to the most pathetic attempt at moralistic tripe I've read in the past month.

How could it not? People do not acknowledge the damage their words do even when they make money from doing it.

Tens of millions of people can see or read the same experts, the same data, and the same talking opinions from a dozen or two sources and they make the intelligent choice. If her father, described as a moderate, couldn't figure out the wisest course of action or who to trust (as 10s of millions of all political beliefs have) then don't blame a particular host. I listen to Tucker but have the intelligence to decide, on my own, what is best for me (ya, I got vaccinated).

Freedom has the responsibility of making choices; no one to blame but her father.

So a grieving daughter has the impression that some UNSPECIFIED information was actually some UNSPECIFIED misinformation, and she "believed" for unknown reasons that it had a role in her father not getting vaccinated. WOW what an awesome story. :rolleyes:

That has to the most pathetic attempt at moralistic tripe I've read in the past month.
In the interviews here, she says they discussed it and what the TV host claimed. And why he was hesitant.

Why are you claiming it was all 'unspecified?' Their discussions were frequent, father and daughter and son, according to the siblings.

Mr. Tucker Carlson, like Mr. Donald Trump, is someone skilled at 'reading' his audience and giving them what they want. Our American system of free speech, coupled with free enterprise [Ed.: 'Find a need and fill it.'] and aided by capitalism and its advertising make the rise of such people all but inevitable.

It should be noted that neither Mr. Carlson nor Mr. Trump would achieve the power they have without the support of a goodly percent of the American citizenry. It is the fears, prejudices and desires of their respective overlapping bases that make the whole thing possible.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

He escapes legal ramifications by claiming "no reasonable person would take the show seriously". And the Fox idiots keep watching.
that truly is amazing.

Or any talking head...or Fauci or any other than his or her primary physician....
lol...you foolishly comparing Fauci to Carlson says a lot.

At this point Tucker Carlson will likely take the story for a test spin suggesting he saved this man's freedom... by letting him die unvaccinated.

That really is what we are dealing with now, a weaponization of "freedoms" to explain killing yourself and others on the way out.

So, what is the goal with the Right killing off their own people?

Anyone know...have an idea?

And where do you think the primary physician gets his guidance from on a novel and still evolving pathogen?
Part of his or her knowledge will be based on first-hand knowledge from the field.

Not to be unkind, but if someone took medical advice from Tucker Carlson................ :rolleyes:
It sounds harsh... brutal even. However, i don't feel bad for folks who refused to get vaccinated on the basis of politic and then wind up in the hospital. I feel bad for their families....

It sounds harsh... brutal even. However, i don't feel bad for folks who refused to get vaccinated on the basis of politic and then wind up in the hospital. I feel bad for their families....
I feel worse for people who have accidents, get sick from something other than Covid, or need surgery and there are no hospital beds because of anti-vaxxers.

But there is more than one reason folks have chosen not to be vaccinated. One reason, which I posted about after a young couple's baby was stillborn because of COVID, is that they are low-info. Another is that they obtain what little info they do get through Facebook, etc. Some are simply overwhelmed by conflicting opinions and just plain scared.

About the families, what my best friend's large family did was tell everybody, "We'd love to see you on the Fourth IF you're vaccinated. We are." This can be a very successful strategy.

What isn't is mocking those unvaccinated and knee-jerk condemning them. It's not all about "politics," and all that is accomplished with some folks is triggering their inner and ordinarily suppressed "You're not the boss of me!" response. None of the people I know (very few and both progressive and conservative) pay strong attention to politics the way those of us who post on political message boards do.

But there is more than one reason folks have chosen not to be vaccinated. One reason, which I posted about after a young couple's baby was stillborn because of COVID, is that they are low-info. Another is that they obtain what little info they do get through Facebook, etc. Some are simply overwhelmed by conflicting opinions and just plain scared.

About the families, what my best friend's large family did was tell everybody, "We'd love to see you on the Fourth IF you're vaccinated. We are." This can be a very successful strategy.

What isn't is mocking those unvaccinated and knee-jerk condemning them. It's not all about "politics," and all that is accomplished with some folks is triggering their inner and ordinarily suppressed "You're not the boss of me!" response. None of the people I know (very few and both progressive and conservative) pay strong attention to politics the way those of us who post on political message boards do.

That's called a vaccine mandate. A politely worded vaccine mandate is still a mandate.

But I'm glad you're now endorsing them.

But there is more than one reason folks have chosen not to be vaccinated.
but if a person can get vaccinated and don't and then die, what good are their beliefs? they're dead. they're no longer around to provide for and protect their families.

Part of his or her knowledge will be based on first-hand knowledge from the field.
Of a completely previously unknown, novel pathogen? No, they have to base their therapeutics on advice from the leading experts in the field of virology, and who dedicated their entire careers to the subject. Like Anthony Fauci...

He made immense COVID stupidity into an expression of support for him. Meanwhile, when he got sick, he got preferential treatment with therapeuticals. Then he got the vaccine, and claimed credit for the it. The cognitive dissonance of his loyalists is just stunning.

And then he said that while the initial round of vaccination that he took credit for is fine, booster shots are a financial scam.

🤦‍♂️

Of course there is more reason than one. I was specifically addressing the politicization of the anti-science (which is the stem of anti-vaccination) movement. Nevertheless, i don't wish to see people suffer due to bad choices... i just lack sympathy for such a poor choice.
Unless you have a valid medical reason to not take the vaccine, anyone who is refusing to do so for whatever bullshit reason is a danger to a full recovery from this pandemic. Stupidity isn't an excuse.

Back
Top Bottom