• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Damage Trump Wrought

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
lol...I had a hunch this Trump nonsense was going to bring the House into play. Looks like that is turning out to be more than just a wild ass guess.

Republicans Should Worry About Losing the House - Bloomberg View

Republicans accept the conventional wisdom that Hillary Clinton is favored to win the presidency, and they know that her election would probably end their majority in the Senate. But in a year that has upended political expectations, they have clung to one comforting assumption: Their hold on the House is secure.

...polling on the congressional races is still sparse. The most recent numbers come from Ipsos/Reuters, which found the Democrats with an 11-point lead nationally. That could be a sign that Trump is pulling Republican congressional candidates down with him.

Republicans should also consider that their optimistic take on the House sounds a lot like what they said in 2005 and 2006 as their political fortunes declined during President George W. Bush’s second term.

lol...I had a hunch this Trump nonsense was going to bring the House into play. Looks like that is turning out to be more than just a wild ass guess.

This is just MY opinion but I think very soon the GOP will start to worry more about losing Congress than it is worried about not winning the WH.

Moderate and Independent voters do NOT like fanatics, and Mr. Donald Trump is putting a fanatical face on ALL of the Republican Party.

This is just MY opinion but I think very soon the GOP will start to worry more about losing Congress than it is worried about not winning the WH.

Moderate and Independent voters do NOT like fanatics, and Mr. Donald Trump is putting a fanatical face on ALL of the Republican Party.

I agree that this is exactly how it is beginning to play out. You know it's bad when Hillary is the candidate who comes across as the moderate.

If the GOP continues to deny Trump, every political position will be in play. It has nothing to do with homophobia, or racism. It has everything to do with low voter turnout due to the GOP abuse of it's base.

Wow! Blaming the GOP for losing because they are not embracing the fascist? Now there's a narrative worth carrying into the next election in 2020.

Yes, agreed!

Regardless of the specific details of the nomination process, Mr. Trump is their nominee and represents the party in it's most visible office. To Joe voter, he *is* the face of GOP!

Senate loss, perhaps.

But a House loss seems quite a stretch to me.

Then again, Trump is *very* good at what he does - and right now, what he's good at is:

Being good at pissing-off a lot of voters!

Until Trump took off and suddenly owned the GOP race, the idea of the R losing the House was relegated to wishful thinking from idealist Bernie supporters. But, once the Donald began to destroy the GOP from within, the idea has suddenly become reasonable, even if not yet probable.

If Hillary actually wins and the GOP lose the House, I guess I'll have to start compiling that secret arms cache I've been putting off until I felt gun control ideology posed a credible threat.

Meanwhile, I prefer to wait and see what actually happens at election time. :coffeepap:

For all his antics, The Donald has shown the world the truth of U.S. conservatism. Trump exposed conservatism's religious intolerance, homophobia, misogyny, and its many other radical failings.

Don is a gift to moderates and the left. Now if they will just get off their lazy butts and vote.

How many times do I have to tell this to people....?

Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, and John Kasich were all unelectable in a race against Hillary.

50% of the population is being told to vote for Hillary because she tinkles sitting down, just like they do. And far too many are going to vote for her solely based on that reason. The GOP would be foolish to put another bland candidate up this year.

W
How many times do I have to tell this to people....?

Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted CruA, Ben Carson, and John Kasich were all unelectable in a race against Hillary.

50% of the population is being told to vote for Hillary because she tinkles sitting down, just like they do. And far too many are going to vote for her solely based on that reason. The GOP would be foolish to put another bland candidate up this year.

The GOP would have won with Kasich.

W

The GOP would have won with Kasich.

I doubt it. Kasich could only win his home state in the primary. What makes you think he'd beat Hillary?

Both HuffPo and the NY Times endorsed Kasich, which usually means that they felt he was an easy win for the Dem nominee, as they are liberals who support whoever the D candidate is.

I've said since shortly after the beginning "THIS is entertainment". The Republican convention will outdo all conventions before. I can't wait. And, I watched the '68 Democratic convention, live. Watching Dan Rather get beat and the police go apeshi*t. It won't be like that, I hope. Inside, though, will be a trip.

I doubt it. Kasich could only win his home state in the primary. What makes you think he'd beat Hillary?

Both HuffPo and the NY Times endorsed Kasich, which usually means that they felt he was an easy win for the Dem nominee, as they are liberals who support whoever the D candidate is.

John Kasich correct that he polls best among GOP hopefuls against Hillary Clinton | PolitiFact

Kasich and Rubio could have beaten Hillary. Cruz would have kept it close at least. Trump has been the worst polling in the general election the entire time. I'd make fun of the republicans for picking the runt of the litter, but the democrats did it too.

Just plain wishful thinking, silly talk.

Republicans OWN the politics of this nation, and will continue to do so. Ever looked at who has the most governorships, governorships and one legislative branch, governorships with both state legislative branches? Both national Legislative branches? Democrats have the WH at the moment, a WH very prejudicial in the way it appears and carries out the laws. Not to mention general incompetence and being at odds with how to really improve an economy just aching to work.

The American People, We see that. The very fact that, despite undeniable proof of criminal wrongdoing for what any other Joe [especially a Republican Joe, most certainly a David Petraeus ]would already be under indictment for... and yet she is to get off scot-free? Everyday man and woman do not like that kind of stuff... but many low information voters are yet to pay attention, are still unaware of truth behind Hillary's secret server. The existence of which expressing either a cavalier incompetence or the corrupt motives behind having such... that simply will no longer be the case after the first debate between Hillary and The Don.

That is just the criminal secret email server aspect, tip of the iceberg. Benghazi, a lack luster, true accomplishment free career in any job she has ever held, her Wall Street/establishment credentials, her serial lying, the protecting her woman abuser husband if only to protect her own future at the expense of all the other women, her refusal to call out radial Islam until just recently, even with being in a position to have more than the common access to accurate information on the subject... well, those and all the rest, anything will not be able to get away with being protected Candy Crowley style this time as Trump proved he had no problem taking on Megyn Kelly. So a lying inquisitor will not have to wait until after the elections to get scorched this time.

No, this should prove very entertaining... and to pawn off Trump as only a fanatic is to count your over-sized chic in the WH before her conniving plots are even hatched/exposed to the public for what they are and have always been.

You have a very well orchestrated attack on Trump following the Orlando shootings and for calling the Orlando attacker a Muslim terrorist. The thing is though...it seems he GAINED support rather than losing it. Or maybe its that people see Hillary as even more soft and Obama like on terrorism. Either way...

The people who supported Trump in the primary process have guaranteed that Hillary Clinton will win the election. The Supreme Court is lost to thinking, decent conservatives for a generation. All we can do now is attempt to salvage the House, Senate and Governorships.

Republicans OWN the politics of this nation, and will continue to do so. Ever looked at who has the most governorships, governorships and one legislative branch, governorships with both state legislative branches? Both national Legislative branches? Democrats have the WH at the moment, a WH very prejudicial in the way it appears and carries out the laws. Not to mention general incompetence and being at odds with how to really improve an economy just aching to work.

The American People, We see that. The very fact that, despite undeniable proof of criminal wrongdoing for what any other Joe [especially a Republican Joe, most certainly a David Petraeus ]would already be under indictment for... and yet she is to get off scot-free? Everyday man and woman do not like that kind of stuff... but many low information voters are yet to pay attention, are still unaware of truth behind Hillary's secret server. The existence of which expressing either a cavalier incompetence or the corrupt motives behind having such... that simply will no longer be the case after the first debate between Hillary and The Don.

That is just the criminal secret email server aspect, tip of the iceberg. Benghazi, a lack luster, true accomplishment free career in any job she has ever held, her Wall Street/establishment credentials, her serial lying, the protecting her woman abuser husband if only to protect her own future at the expense of all the other women, her refusal to call out radial Islam until just recently, even with being in a position to have more than the common access to accurate information on the subject... well, those and all the rest, anything will not be able to get away with being protected Candy Crowley style this time as Trump proved he had no problem taking on Megyn Kelly. So a lying inquisitor will not have to wait until after the elections to get scorched this time.

No, this should prove very entertaining... and to pawn off Trump as only a fanatic is to count your over-sized chic in the WH before her conniving plots are even hatched/exposed to the public for what they are and have always been.

You started out by describing YOUR post perfectly---

Just plain wishful thinking.

You Trump people are consistent. Every single time someone criticizes Trump the Trump supporters say " yeah but Hillary'... Just ONCE I'd like for a Trump supporters to point out why Trump might win, and what his good and bad policies are. Or maybe he really doesn't have any good ideas or policies is the reason when Trump is talked about we ALWAYS get 'yeah but Hillary' from his supporters?

Last edited:
You Trump people are consistent. Every single time someone criticizes Trump the Trump supporters say " yeah but Hillary'... Just ONCE I'd like for a Trump supporters to point out why Trump might win, and what his good and bad policies are. Or maybe he really doesn't have any good ideas or policies is the reason when Trump is talked about we ALWAYS get 'yeah but Hillary' from his supporters?
God gawd man, its been done all over this site, get your head out of the sand and read. Plenty of people here on this thread have in the past described the attributes of a Trump presidency. I know I have.

Besides, when the only other true Alternative is a corrupt and conniving witch, how can you not bring her up as the sure fire result if not Trump? Again, silly talk by those who know not of much of what they speak.

The people who supported Trump in the primary process have guaranteed that Hillary Clinton will win the election. The Supreme Court is lost to thinking, decent conservatives for a generation. All we can do now is attempt to salvage the House, Senate and Governorships.

That they didn't nominate Kasich and picked the buffoon will haunt me (and the country) for at least a decade. Hillary will get at least 3 SCOTUS picks....and she'll probably have a D-controlled Senate with which to do it too.

That they didn't nominate Kasich and picked the buffoon will haunt me (and the country) for at least a decade. Hillary will get at least 3 SCOTUS picks....and she'll probably have a D-controlled Senate with which to do it too.

Yup. These people who are congratulating themselves on selecting this "outsider" have guaranteed a conservative loss which we will feel for decades. Decades. And the losses will be vast. These clowns who are denigrating Paul Ryan right now will be weeping in their Cheerios in a few years, bitching and moaning on here about those nasty Liberals who control the House. These morons who are calling John Kasich names for having the decency NOT to support that bloviating fraud will be whining like babies when the Dems control the Senate and pass every gun reform bill that they can.

The people who gave us Donald Trump have given us the end of conservatism. I hope they're satisfied.

when the only other true Alternative is a corrupt and conniving witch, how can you not bring her up as the sure fire result if not Trump?

Thanks for proving my point, yet again.

But anyway for 7 1/2 I've heard the same vile vicious crap and hatred directed at Obama. But the country is doing fine, the economy is doing fine. We're all still here.

So yeah now we can look forward to 4-8 years of more vile, vicious hatred directed at another Dem in the WH. Because as I have pointed out, that's ALL you guys got.

Every time Trump opens his mouth he lies, but lets just point to Clinton's lies huh? LOL. I'm no fan of either, but I don't want change for the sake of change. Not when the 'change' is an egotistical, thin skinned, pathological liar like Donald Trump. Maybe in 2020 you guys will get it right and pick an outsider who's likeable, and not a moron who scares any normal thinking American.

Thanks for proving my point, yet again.

But anyway for 7 1/2 I've heard the same vile vicious crap and hatred directed at Obama. But the country is doing fine, the economy is doing fine. We're all still here.

So yeah now we can look forward to 4-8 years of more vile, vicious hatred directed at another Dem in the WH. Because as I have pointed out, that's ALL you guys got.

Every time Trump opens his mouth he lies, but lets just point to Clinton's lies huh? LOL. I'm no fan of either, but I don't want change for the sake of change. Not when the 'change' is an egotistical, thin skinned, pathological liar like Donald Trump. Maybe in 2020 you guys will get it right and pick an outsider who's likeable, and not a moron who scares any normal thinking American.
Do not ever remember you giving much substance in any of your replies, just base opinions based on poor assessments.

Don't know where you come from, either but can only speculate, from the history of posts here that I have run across, that the educational structure there places very little value on logic, reasoning, support by evidence ...or truth itself.

While we do not have particularly good choices at the moment, it helps little to have such misguided blathering spewed out in what is supposed to be intelligent debate.

One is only left to implore that you raise the level of your game, or at least try.

Back
Top Bottom