• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Damage Trump Wrought

Do not ever remember you giving much substance in any of your replies, just base opinions based on poor assessments.

Don't know where you come from, either but can only speculate, from the history of posts here that I have run across, that the educational structure there places very little value on logic, reasoning, support by evidence ...or truth itself.

While we do not have particularly good choices at the moment, it helps little to have such misguided blathering spewed out in what is supposed to be intelligent debate.

One is only left to implore that you raise the level of your game, or at least try.

Your addressed nothing I wrote. Just insults and BS.. You are a typical Trump supporter. Uneducated and uninformed.

Enjoy 8 years of Clinton. And remember it's ALL on you guys. You propped up Trump as a so called 'outsider' for the sake of change. Not a good change, but a 'change'. But all you did was put Clinton, the ultimate insider and establishment DC politician in the WH.

Good work.

John Kasich correct that he polls best among GOP hopefuls against Hillary Clinton | PolitiFact

Kasich and Rubio could have beaten Hillary. Cruz would have kept it close at least. Trump has been the worst polling in the general election the entire time. I'd make fun of the republicans for picking the runt of the litter, but the democrats did it too.

I remember NPR doing stories in 2000 about how the GOP should pick McCain over Bush because Bush was just too right wing in his big Texas cowboy hat to get elected.

The media and there polls are frequently wrong. How often does the media go back and admit that their poll didn't amount to reality? Never.

When you consider the source of most polls, it's not surprising that Trump fairs so bad; the same people behind most of these polls are the same ones that spent every second of air time, or print space slamming Trump. Including pseudo-conservative Fox News.

Your addressed nothing I wrote. Just insults and BS.. You are a typical Trump supporter. Uneducated and uninformed.

Enjoy 8 years of Clinton. And remember it's ALL on you guys. You propped up Trump as a so called 'outsider' for the sake of change. Not a good change, but a 'change'. But all you did was put Clinton, the ultimate insider and establishment DC politician in the WH.

Good work.
You had nothing of substance to respond to, you never do, that I have observed... should not even waste the time writing this because one can only respond to your seemingly boundless" insults and BS." Thus my post is now similarly substance free. Just sometimes I can no longer stomach the folks here who do not support anything, never have logic, not even bad examples, just trash talk.

And Dude, you have hardly proven yourself the ultimate prognosticator here, very little sophistication in your reading of the entrails or tea leaves, or whatever it is that you do....certainly does not appear quite as clear as a good crystal ball.

Good work.

And, thank the morons for the three SCOTUS picks she'll get and easily have confirmed with the Senate Majority they gave her too. The stupidity of those who put Trump on the top of the ticket knows no bounds. I love it.

The latest ABC/Washington Post poll shows that 70% of U.S. adults have an unfavorable view of Trump, a 10-point jump since last month and a point less than the worst numbers Trump has seen since announcing for president. A recent Bloomberg poll had even worse news: 55% of voters said they would not vote for Trump under any circumstances.

Why Donald Trump's real struggle is just beginning - CNN.com

Senate loss, perhaps.

But a House loss seems quite a stretch to me.

Then again, Trump is *very* good at what he does - and right now, what he's good at is:

Being good at pissing-off a lot of voters!

True. I do not see the GOP losing the House, but believe it is likely they will lose the Senate, putting us back in the same situation we had for most of the first years of Obama, a Repub controlled House and a Dem controlled Senate and WH. As I recall that did not work well for the Nation, think they will get their act together better this time? Possibly, since Ryan is a far better leader then Bonehead, but we shall see.

True. I do not see the GOP losing the House, but believe it is likely they will lose the Senate, putting us back in the same situation we had for most of the first years of Obama, a Repub controlled House and a Dem controlled Senate and WH. As I recall that did not work well for the Nation, think they will get their act together better this time? Possibly, since Ryan is a far better leader then Bonehead, but we shall see.
It will greatly effect one key facet: SCOTUS justices, and that's a *really* big deal! Whether for better or worse, will depend on one's POV & lean.

But yeah, the day-to-day stuff will be similar to under Obama, though I believe the Clinton's will be better at cutting deals, but perhaps to the detriment of the more progressive Dems.

It will greatly effect one key facet: SCOTUS justices, and that's a *really* big deal! Whether for better or worse, will depend on one's POV & lean.

But yeah, the day-to-day stuff will be similar to under Obama, though I believe the Clinton's will be better at cutting deals, but perhaps to the detriment of the more progressive Dems.

I don't know. The Trump disaster is to the GOP like small pox was to the Indians. It's spreading, and it is infecting those who never even met Trump.

Trump Disaster Worsens For GOP As Poll Shows Hillary Clinton Winning With All Key Voters

On a day when Trump fired his campaign manager, and independent economic analysis suggested that a Trump win would push the country into a big recession, the last thing Republicans needed was a poll showing them that Donald Trump is failing or underperforming with all areas of the electorate as a presidential candidate.

Trump is a total failure, and what should concern Democrats the most is the possibility that Republicans figure out a way to dump Trump at their convention in Cleveland.

So far we are looking through the same lenses, and seeing the same picture, Unfortunately there are far few too many that seem to be blinded by reality. Gonna be a bumpy ride.

How many times do I have to tell this to people....?

Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, and John Kasich were all unelectable in a race against Hillary.

50% of the population is being told to vote for Hillary because she tinkles sitting down, just like they do. And far too many are going to vote for her solely based on that reason. The GOP would be foolish to put another bland candidate up this year.

You guys are so full of **** with your spewing of these talking points. With you guys its always "Blacks voted for Obama because of the color of his skin", "Women vote for Hillary because she tinkles like they do", "Hispanics will vote for any Hispanic because of their skin color". What you guys are really doing is exposing your own racist/sexist views. In your mind....only old White Men vote on the issues. In your mind, Blacks didn't vote for Obama because his views on the issues are the same as theirs....because in your mind, Blacks don't vote on issues....women only vote based on genitalia and Latinos only vote on skin color as well. The problem with this BS is that Blacks didn't flock to Ben Carson, Women didn't flock to Fiorina and Latinos didn't flock to Cruz...because you are wrong....the facts don't support your rhetoric and right-wing talking points.

The reality is that you guys are so afraid of the changing demographics in this country...you are losing ground and you are scrambling to try to remain relevant. The problem is...you lose on the issues so you have to come up with these sexist/racist talking points to try to somehow convince yourselves that you have a bigger....whatever....than you really do.

You guys are so full of **** with your spewing of these talking points. With you guys its always "Blacks voted for Obama because of the color of his skin", "Women vote for Hillary because she tinkles like they do", "Hispanics will vote for any Hispanic because of their skin color". What you guys are really doing is exposing your own racist/sexist views. In your mind....only old White Men vote on the issues. In your mind, Blacks didn't vote for Obama because his views on the issues are the same as theirs....because in your mind, Blacks don't vote on issues....women only vote based on genitalia and Latinos only vote on skin color as well. The problem with this BS is that Blacks didn't flock to Ben Carson, Women didn't flock to Fiorina and Latinos didn't flock to Cruz...because you are wrong....the facts don't support your rhetoric and right-wing talking points.

The reality is that you guys are so afraid of the changing demographics in this country...you are losing ground and you are scrambling to try to remain relevant. The problem is...you lose on the issues so you have to come up with these sexist/racist talking points to try to somehow convince yourselves that you have a bigger....whatever....than you really do.
I don't want to add another post to the divisiveness across the political divide, but I believe your post is definitely right-on for a certain (but large) subset of the Republican Party. I applaud your forthright delivery, here.

But on the flipside, I have run into quite a few principled conservatives & Republicans, and many are with us in our forum. But there's no shortage of the individuals you so well described in your post, and the GOP establishment pandered to them in the name of greed & political expedience - only now: SURPRISE! Out pops one Mr. Trump!

Very good post, DD. :thumbs:

What he said.

We don't often agree, but you nailed that one.

Right, why should we be afraid of demographics changing from producers to dependants?

Do your rabid generalizations help you feel better about voting for a war-mongering, bribe taking, multiple felon who was in favor of sending American jobs overseas?
-------
"All blacks do this"
"All women think like this"
"All white men who don't vote for Hillary are like this".

Aren't those 3 of the same thing?

Do your rabid generalizations help you feel better about voting for a war-mongering, bribe taking, multiple felon who was in favor of sending American jobs overseas?
-------
"All blacks do this"

LOL,,,,,the irony is that the rabid generalizations are yours but your head is so far up your ass you can't even see it. Doh!

You nailed this, DD.

-------
"All blacks do this"

"Multiple felon"? I missed those trials. What was she convicted of?

"Multiple felon"? I missed those trials. What was she convicted of?

You aren't aware that the super wealthy + politically connected in this country don't receive the same justice that poor people face?
------
I take it you don't object to her war mongering, taking bribes, and favoring sending more American jobs overseas?

Heck, Trump even admitted that he bribed her! Lolol can't get around that one, can ya tres? You're only defense is to call Trump a big old Mr Meanie Pants loolo.

LOL,,,,,the irony is that the rabid generalizations are yours but your head is so far up your ass you can't even see it. Doh!
Uh huh. Hmm, let's see what Hillary supporters have to say about the gender issue!

HuffPo- "If You're a Woman, You Should Vote for Hillary Clinton for President"
If You're a Woman, You Should Vote for Hillary Clinton for President

LA Times- " Why Women Should Vote For Women " Why women should vote for women - LA Times

San Francisco Chronicle- " Why a Smart Woman Should Vote for Hillary Clinton" Why a smart woman should vote for Hillary Clinton - San Francisco Chronicle

New York Times- "Gloria Steinem and Madeline Albright Rebuke Young Women for Voting for Bernie Sanders" http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/08/u...ight-hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders.html?_r=0

HuffPo- "I'm Voting For Hillary Because She's a Woman"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jilli...y-clinton-because-shes-a-woman_b_8684910.html

Salon-" I'm Voting for Hillary Because She's a Woman"
http://www.salon.com/2016/02/21/yes..._a_woman_but_its_not_quite_as_simple_as_that/

Tell me Disney, there isn't a concerted effort to tell women to vote for Hillary because she's a woman?

Open season comes when Trump becomes the official nominee. Then he is also the official Republican party leader. Then he is the official face and is representative of the party. Then Trump is the party. What he says is what the party is. I wonder if and when the media will bring that up to the Republican congress, etc., and follow-up. It isn't that they didn't do that with Trump, which they didn't, but they didn't do that with other politician before Trump, anyway.

Uh huh. Hmm, let's see what Hillary supporters have to say about the gender issue!

HuffPo- "If You're a Woman, You Should Vote for Hillary Clinton for President"
If You're a Woman, You Should Vote for Hillary Clinton for President

LA Times- " Why Women Should Vote For Women " Why women should vote for women - LA Times

San Francisco Chronicle- " Why a Smart Woman Should Vote for Hillary Clinton" Why a smart woman should vote for Hillary Clinton - San Francisco Chronicle

New York Times- "Gloria Steinem and Madeline Albright Rebuke Young Women for Voting for Bernie Sanders" http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/08/u...ight-hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders.html?_r=0

HuffPo- "I'm Voting For Hillary Because She's a Woman"
I'm Voting for Hillary Clinton Because She's a Woman

Salon-" I'm Voting for Hillary Because She's a Woman"
http://www.salon.com/2016/02/21/yes..._a_woman_but_its_not_quite_as_simple_as_that/

Tell me Disney, there isn't a concerted effort to tell women to vote for Hillary because she's a woman?

LOL...oh puh-lease. If you actually took the time to read any of those links you would see that they don't support your position. They all offer substantive reasons why women should vote for Hillary and it has nothing to do with how she tinkles

Here is a clip from the first article you linked (notice...It doesn't say anything remotely close to "how she tinkles")

It’s our turn to bring attention to the hypocrisy and double standards that exist in today’s America. To take a stand for federal policy on maternity leave; to say, “it’s your choice” on abortion rights; to walk into work feeling like an equal and having the American government on your side. It only takes one, and the rest is a domino effect. A female president means more seats in the Cabinet for women, more seats in the Senate and the House for women — hell, it designates a seat at any table for women to represent.

From the second article:

(again....nothing about tinkling...nor was their any talk about genetalia...but there is a lot of talk about issues....DOH!)

Women in political office make it a priority to advance rights, equality and opportunity for women and girls, in a way and to a degree that men in power overwhelmingly do not.

A large body of research has been devoted to answering a fundamental question: Do women substantively represent women more effectively than men do? In hundreds of studies examining large data sets of roll call votes, bill sponsorship, laws enacted and other measures the answer is clear. “Across time, office, and political parties,” political scientist Beth Reingold writes in a comprehensive review, “women, more often than men, take the lead on women's issues, no matter how such issues are defined.”

Consider just a handful of these studies. Georgetown University's Michele Swers has found, among other things, that both Democratic and moderate Republican women in Congress have been more likely than men in either party to advance legislation on child care and domestic violence. Even when men and women in the same party hold similar opinions — on reproductive health issues, for example — it is the women officeholders who step up. This is particularly clear at the state level, where legislatures with more women have passed fewer abortion restrictions. Another study analyzed every instance in which a U.S. House seat switched between a woman and man between 1973 and 2002. Controlling for multiple factors, the model generated by that analysis predicts that Democratic and Republican women will offer three times more feminist bills than their male counterparts will.

Epic Fail. I would like to say good effort, but it was really a sorry attempt. You REALLY just proved my point.

Last edited:
The House is gerrymandered well-enough that I don't expect the Democrats will retake it. The Senate wouldn't surprise me, though.

You aren't aware that the super wealthy + politically connected in this country don't receive the same justice that poor people face?
------
I take it you don't object to her war mongering, taking bribes, and favoring sending more American jobs overseas?

Heck, Trump even admitted that he bribed her! Lolol can't get around that one, can ya tres? You're only defense is to call Trump a big old Mr Meanie Pants loolo.

So Trump admits to committing crimes. You're right, I can't get around that one. Thanks for the confirmation that he's a criminal.

So Trump admits to committing crimes. You're right, I can't get around that one. Thanks for the confirmation that he's a criminal.

Tres....oh tres..... You make this so easy.

Hillary Clinton was a US Senator and Secretary of State when she took money from Trump, as well as money from dozens of businessmen. One such businessman with no experience in government PAID Hillary Clinton to give him a top advisory position when Hillary was secretary of state. This businessman came from Wall St and was going to have access to information regarding foreign policy, just because Hillary took a bribe from him!

Who do you think is more culpable, a US Senator and Secretary of State, sworn to serve the American people, or a private businessman? Its like if a cop took a bribe from a drug dealer, and you're ignoring what the cop did and shaming the drug dealer! You can't possibly be this biased.

Back
Top Bottom