• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The curious case of Michael Flynn: Timeline of twists and turns in ex-official's prosecution

What??? Of course they had a warrant. And they had to work very hard to get it too. Because raiding an attorney's office is not a matter that the DOJ takes lightly. If you want to get a warrant for that you will have to get approval for such a warrant from the high levels of the DOJ. And seeing as though Mr Cohen was up awake and dressed enough to answer the knock at his door that such would not have been the case at 4:00 am.

Well to be fair he very well could have been. Considering his criminal history it is not even a little stretch to this k he could have been up late doing a bunch of coke....

Have to ask him but do you think anyone with a double digit IQ thinks it's ok to lie to the FBI???? :peace
Context matters does it not

For instance if your daughter was kidnapped and the kidnapper contacted yo you and told you not tell anyone they called or they would kill your child. If the fbi came knocking and asked you if you heard from them and you told them no. Do you think you should be charged with lying?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What??? Hillary "removed' the classification markers? How the hell could she do that? And there is no evidence that she was deliberate in in cleaning up or destroying her drives in order to avoid any legal consequences. The 'cleaning' software her IT person used was "Bleach Bit" is "freeware". Not exactly the kind of thing one would use to defeat a highly sophisticated FBI cyber search if you have reason to be concerned that you might soon become the target of such a search.
My point is that your giving her ever benefit of doubts and Flynn absolutely none. Why do you chose to assume the best about one and the worst about the other if it's not personal bias

What I find comical is that at the very beginning of the investigation Flynn's lawyer told the press that Flynn had a story to tell and was willing to cooperate for leniency.

Mueller did not immediately take him up on it, but did later.

Flynn did not have to be tricked or coerced into cooperating he was willing to flip from the beginning...

When it comes to the rule of law, semantics is very important. If you ever have gone through a trial as a juror, you will realize the nitpicking of language involved.
Of course it is,
So why not hold everyone to this puritan standard?

It couldn't have been. There were three simultaneous raids by three separate teams; one of the teams went into the offices of the law firm Cohen worked with, during business hours, and coordinated their search with representatives of that law firm. They did not break into a law firm, a hotel room, and a private residence at 4:00 am.
I believe they raided the offices around 9 am but the home was earlier.

Of course it is,
So why not hold everyone to this puritan standard?

You seem to think it isn't.. without evidence. However , there is a lot of emotive language from the right about it

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/case-michael-flynn-timeline

It's high time Mueller gets investigated, and while they're at it, get the 302s from Hillary's interviews. I'm sure they exist, right?

Flynn lied both to the Vice President of the United States and to the FBI. Flynn did this while he was working as a foreign agent while at the same time being responsible for this nation's security. I hope he gets the book thrown at him. It's the least he deserves for compromising American's security.

It couldn't have been. There were three simultaneous raids by three separate teams; one of the teams went into the offices of the law firm Cohen worked with, during business hours, and coordinated their search with representatives of that law firm. They did not break into a law firm, a hotel room, and a private residence at 4:00 am.

Wrong again...

FBI agents raided the Alexandria, Va., home of President Trump’s former campaign chairman, arriving in the early-morning hours last month and seizing documents and other materials related to the special counsel investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0c18a35ce8ba

He worked at the military not the doj.

Admiral Mike Mullen retired who served the maximum two terms as chairman of joint chiefs of staff called Flynn after his obscene "lock her up" performance in Cleveland. Mullen is the go to military man on civil-military relations in the United States which is why Mullen felt obliged to contact Flynn. Mullen advised Flynn his rant was conduct unbecoming of a retired general officer of the US armed forces.

On April 27, 2017, the Pentagon inspector general announced an investigation into whether Flynn had accepted money from foreign governments without the required approval.[14] The New York Times reported on May 18, 2018, that a longtime FBI/CIA informant had met Flynn at an intelligence seminar in Britain six months earlier and became alarmed by Flynn's closeness to a Russian woman there; this concern prompted another individual to alert American authorities that Flynn may have been compromised by Russian intelligence.[15]

Flynn initially refused to hand over subpoenaed documents to the Senate Intelligence Committee, pleading the Fifth Amendment against self-incrimination, but a compromise with the committee was worked out.[16][17] On December 1, 2017, Flynn appeared in federal court to formalize a deal with Special Counsel Robert Mueller to plead guilty to a single felony count of "willfully and knowingly" making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements" to the FBI.[18] He confirmed his intention to cooperate with the Special Counsel's investigation.

Michael Thomas Flynn (born December 24, 1958) is a retired United States Army Lieutenant General and, briefly, former National Security Advisor to Donald Trump. He served as the 18th Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, serving from July 2012 until his forced retirement from the military in August 2014.[4][5][6] In December 2017, Flynn pleaded guilty to a felony charge of lying to federal investigators about contacts he had with the Russian government during Trump's presidential transition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Flynn

Trump is letting Flynn off the hook about losing Flynn's three stars. Flynn pleaded guilty in federal court of a criminal felony. This disqualifies Flynn from possessing his three stars, consistent with the Uniform Code of Military Justice. The fact is Flynn should by now have lost his stars as a general officer of the Army of the United States. The serious matter is pending at the Pentagon because Trump is sitting on it. Once Flynn is sentenced however Flynn becomes a convicted felon and a part of an espionage operation by a foreign hostile government against the United States, which places Flynn's stars in an even more serious jeopardy as far as Pentagon is concerned. It matters not that the sentence might be light or suspended because Flynn himself has pleaded guilty. Indeed, Flynn sat with Putin himself in Moscow at the table celebrating RT.

Mullen btw did not attend Flynn's retirement ceremony.

Last edited:
You seem to think it isn't.. without evidence. However , there is a lot of emotive language from the right about it
I'm good with holding everyone to this new standard that the left is suddenly embracing. I look forward to watching you all try to squirm your way out of this rigid standard when its applied to the left.

Context matters does it not. For instance if your daughter was kidnapped and the kidnapper contacted yo you and told you not tell anyone they called or they would kill your child. If the fbi came knocking and asked you if you heard from them and you told them no. Do you think you should be charged with lying?

Context DOES matter which is why your example is deflective BS... :roll:

Did the Turkish government kidnap Gen. Flynn's daughter and tell him if he told anyone she would die???? PUCK NO! He lied to the FBI to cover up greed- nothing excusable in that...

Did Russia kidnap Flynn's daughter to force him to lie about meetings with the Russian Ambassador before tRump took office (twice BTW) ????

So your attempt to spin simple greed and egomania into something excusable is another tRumper fail... :peace

I'm good with holding everyone to this new standard that the left is suddenly embracing. I look forward to watching you all try to squirm your way out of this rigid standard when its applied to the left.

Why, it's not a new standard at all, at least not for me. I find it amusing you think it's a new standard, particularly when you have a republican special consoul, who was appointed by a Republican AG, who is doing all this, and it's 'new to the left'.

Why, it's not a new standard at all, at least not for me. I find it amusing you think it's a new standard, particularly when you have a republican special consoul, who was appointed by a Republican AG, who is doing all this, and it's 'new to the left'.
Hi Ramos,

Would you agree that there are factions within the Republican party that hate, and are working as hard, or even with Democrats to get rid of Trump?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi Ramos,

Would you agree that there are factions within the Republican party that hate, and are working as hard, or even with Democrats to get rid of Trump?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would say that there factions that are highly disturbed at these allegations, and want some sanity to return to the Republican party. However, a lot more have swallowed their ethics and defend the indefensible. It is fracturing the Republican party.

WHy, yes yes it could be. Instead of 0 to 6 months, it could be 5 years. That would be a backfire. Now, one must wonder if this claim had any basis in reality, why it would be NOW, just before sentencing, rather than when he was cooperating and pleading.

The defense claim was supported by the documents. That's the reality.

As for the sentence itself, there's no chance
(a) the Judge is going to sentence Flynn to more than what was agreed to in the plea and
(b) there's no chance the prosecution can say "We changed our minds we want 5 years" after the sentencing.
There's more of a chance that
(c) the Judge will sanction the prosecution for their deceit ... and maybe more.

If that were to happen, as is typical behavior inside the Beltway, Mueller's folks would get busy with a shredder.

~ They likely already have. `:shock:

· Judge Sullivan is known as a no-nonsense type. If he sees something amiss/sloppy he could toss out the guilty plea - although that would be highly unlikely .

Last edited:
But not as much as left wing fantasy. Right? :peace

Left wing fantasy is just weird to me. Right wing fantasy makes me laugh a lot. That is partly why I hang out on these boards, to see what some right wingers post.

True. I forgot about that, lol. I voted for Reagan twice, but went :doh as I did it the second time. Democrats had trouble finding decent candidates back then, too!

If Democrats would allow for a real primary process, and not the coronation of Hillary thing they did, they might find some worthy people.

What??? Hillary "removed' the classification markers? How the hell could she do that? And there is no evidence that she was deliberate in in cleaning up or destroying her drives in order to avoid any legal consequences. The 'cleaning' software her IT person used was "Bleach Bit" is "freeware". Not exactly the kind of thing one would use to defeat a highly sophisticated FBI cyber search if you have reason to be concerned that you might soon become the target of such a search.

A year before Hillary Clinton apparently asked one of her top aides to remove the classification markings from a sensitive document and send it to her over an unsecured network, she pushed the same aide to remove a different document from the State Department's classified system and email it to her without markings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-classified-markings-more-than-once?_amp=true

Really? An article that is over 2 years old? This is how this went down. Secretary Clinton needed a set drafted talking points. This draft of talking points was classified and was scheduled to sent over a secure fax machine. But the secure fax was 'broken' or not functional at that time. So it wasn't sent. Secretary needing these talking points asked the aid if he could remove the headers document and convert it to a"non-paper" that can be sent via a non-secure fax machine. In diplomatic parlance, a “non-paper” is used when a government is conveying a point to other government/governments or state actors while keeping nothing on record. A “non-paper” is essentially a means by which, in international affairs, is considered a subject without treating the process as official business. Apparently the aid was either not able to do so or the secure fax machine was repaired and made operable again because there is no State Dept record of that document being sent over any non-secure apparatus or network.

The other I believe had to do with a "public statement" that had appeared in a published news story made by British Prime Minister Blair having to do with some Middle East matter that somehow later became retroactively classified for whatever reason. Obviously it later became clear that there was no there there in either of those cases.

Yeah this Flynn thing is disturbing.
I'm anxious to hear what Sullivan says.
Supposedly there's a timeline type of chart that details the FBI actions in gthe documents the Judge requested.
Curious to see if it explains the 6 month lag time in writing the 302.

Yeah, all that went really well,huh?

Soooo...

instead of a Judge going after the FBI the judge went after disgraced Gen Flynn.... :shock:

So much for the tRumpers trying to spin this as an attack against the FBI....

Sweeeeeet…. :peace

Have to ask him but do you think anyone with a double digit IQ thinks it's ok to lie to the FBI???? :peace

If they are asking about something highly classified, say planned military movements, (not saying it was) then yes, it's ok.

If they are asking about something highly classified, say planned military movements, (not saying it was) then yes, it's ok.

Oh so wrong! First it wasn't anything like that, second the proper response is 'that is highly classified and you don't have the proper clearance to discuss this'

Lying is wrong, his mom failed him if she didn't teach him that long ago... :peace

Back
Top Bottom