• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Curious Case of Jussie Smollett

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Stil no evidence of the LGBT/RACE attack...despite cameras EVERYWHERE in the area it supposedly happened:

The case of the openly gay television actor who has alleged that he was beaten up by racist homophobic Trump fans late Monday/early Tuesday at 2 a.m. grows more curious by the hour. Three days later, it’s not clear that an attack took place. And Jussie Smollett’s behavior has been odd.

On Tuesday, in response to a Joe Biden tweet expressing outrage over the alleged hate-crime assault on Smollett, longtime Chicago TV reporter Rafer Weigel of Fox 32 wrote: “Might be best to tone down the outrage on the #JussieSmollett story until more evidence comes in to suggest it actually happened.” Later the reporter added: “To be clear. I am not accusing [Smollett] of lying. I’m saying #ChicagoPD and Chicago FBI have been working round the clock & have found nothing to support it. And given the extremity of his claims and where they allegedly took place it has them skeptical.”
On Wednesday, police revealed that they have looked at hundreds of hours of surveillance video recorded around the area (near 300 E. North Lower Water Street) where Smollett says the attack took place. Police called it a “very high density” area for surveillance cameras, but they still have found no evidence that any assault took place. There are no witnesses and nothing like the assault described appears on any of the videos. What they have released are low-quality images of two “persons of interest” who crossed paths with Smollett and could have been witnesses or bystanders or even perpetrators.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/jussie-smollett-case-not-adding-up/

He's a liar. Anyone with even a modicum of objectivity knew that the story was too crazy to be true as described.

He's a liar. Anyone with even a modicum of objectivity knew that the story was too crazy to be true as described.

The story seemed quite a bit "over the top", to say the least....

I still get stuck on the part where the police say he was off camera for about a minute, then back in frame wearing the string around his neck "like a neck tie"

I still get stuck on the part where the police say he was off camera for about a minute, then back in frame wearing the string around his neck "like a neck tie"

Got it from his PUBLICIST/Co-CONSPIRATOR....?

Me too. So in a minute, Smollett called his manager or took his managers call, got attacked, got a rope around his neck and began walking.
Not a normal reaction. Why keep the rope around his neck? Why just walk? I'd run. I'd be on the phone dialing 9-11.

No, I think something happened and he and his handlers and fixers covered it up in the most disgusting way possible- as a Trump-inspired, white, gay-hating, racist attack.

Being Chicago, I will be surprised that if this was indeed a lie or hoax or false flag, that it will be properly revealed and punished.

But don't let that stop black leaders and politicians from jumping the gun and running with the unsubstantiated story. Expect protests as soon as the polar vortex lifts.

Stil no evidence of the LGBT/RACE attack...despite cameras EVERYWHERE in the area it supposedly happened:

The case of the openly gay television actor who has alleged that he was beaten up by racist homophobic Trump fans late Monday/early Tuesday at 2 a.m. grows more curious by the hour. Three days later, it’s not clear that an attack took place. And Jussie Smollett’s behavior has been odd.

On Tuesday, in response to a Joe Biden tweet expressing outrage over the alleged hate-crime assault on Smollett, longtime Chicago TV reporter Rafer Weigel of Fox 32 wrote: “Might be best to tone down the outrage on the #JussieSmollett story until more evidence comes in to suggest it actually happened.” Later the reporter added: “To be clear. I am not accusing [Smollett] of lying. I’m saying #ChicagoPD and Chicago FBI have been working round the clock & have found nothing to support it. And given the extremity of his claims and where they allegedly took place it has them skeptical.”
On Wednesday, police revealed that they have looked at hundreds of hours of surveillance video recorded around the area (near 300 E. North Lower Water Street) where Smollett says the attack took place. Police called it a “very high density” area for surveillance cameras, but they still have found no evidence that any assault took place. There are no witnesses and nothing like the assault described appears on any of the videos. What they have released are low-quality images of two “persons of interest” who crossed paths with Smollett and could have been witnesses or bystanders or even perpetrators.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/jussie-smollett-case-not-adding-up/
I suspect it's a publicity stunt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, this is one story I actually agree with conservatives sounds very odd.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, people are certainly crazy and hateful enough to do something like that. But it's also very possible that it was a staged scene.

I'm wondering if this is going to turn out to be another one of those fake ones or not.
Seems there's enough questionables surrounding the story, as we know if from the political propagandist media, to rightfully and legitimately be skeptical as to its truthfulness.

But the neighbor saw a 'redneck with a noose' strolling the block. Sounds totally believable in Chicago. Its so common, she didn't even think to call the police!

But the neighbor saw a 'redneck with a noose' strolling the block. Sounds totally believable in Chicago. Its so common, she didn't even think to call the police!

What kind of redneck would even know who the guy was? Plus it is minus degrees, and supposed redneck would need to be carrying a bottle of bleach and a noose. Chicago is "Maga Land"?

Breitbart keeps a running total of race hoaxes since Trump was elected, and it over 100.

What kind of redneck would even know who the guy was? Plus it is minus degrees, and supposed redneck would need to be carrying a bottle of bleach and a noose. Chicago is "Maga Land"?

No friend, Chicago is Caca Land. Lol. The story is complete bs.

Dropped by the Fake News LIKE A HOT POTATO...that , alone, tells us PLENTY....

Also troubling is that the alleged phone call during the attack cannot be confirmed because neither party (including the alleged victim) will allow their phones or phone records to be examined by police.

Also troubling is that the alleged phone call during the attack cannot be confirmed because neither party (including the alleged victim) will allow their phones or phone records to be examined by police.

Very TROUBLING...and TELLING.

I think they're hanging back, biding their time to see how this shakes out. Plans B, C and D are being made to keep the narrative that Jussie is a victim. If not he himself, the LGBT community.

I think they're hanging back, biding their time to see how this shakes out. Plans B, C and D are being made to keep the narrative that Jussie is a victim. If not he himself, the LGBT community.

He may well be a crime victim - I am just very suspicious of the alleged 'hate crime' details that are, so far, 100% without any physical evidence.

He may well be a crime victim - I am just very suspicious of the alleged 'hate crime' details that are, so far, 100% without any physical evidence.

I think he got ROLLED by his attempted "pickup".

I agree that something probably happened to him, but I think this is a cover up. He's surfaced, but really said nothing and deflected to being a SJW, knowing his fans and Democrats will stand behind him no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom