• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Crazy Ted Cruz-Jesse Helms Connection

Campbell

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Cruz said he wished we had 100 senators like Jesse Helms.

When Helms got on an elevator with the first and only black senator...a woman, he began singing Dixie and told the others in the elevator that he was trying to make the new senator cry. "Oh I Wish I Was In The Land Of Cotton....Old Times There Are Not Forgotten"

And They Just Can't Figure Out Why The Black Vote Is 93% Democrat (and that more than half of women are pissed off at them.)

They also can't figure out why they've lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections...it might be the Latinos or crippled seniors.

Last edited:
The tea party occupation forces are freaks. No doubt about it.

cruz said he wished we had 100 senators like jesse helms.

When helms got on an elevator with the first and only black senator...a woman, he began singing dixie and told the others in the elevator that he was trying to make the new senator cry. "oh i wish i was in the land of cotton....old times there are not forgotten"

and they just can't figure out why the black vote is 93% democrat (and that more than half of women are pissed off at them.)

they also can't figure out why they've lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections...it might be the latinos or crippled seniors.

welfare state, brings in the votes.

Cruz said he wished we had 100 senators like Jesse Helms.

When Helms got on an elevator with the first and only black senator...a woman, he began singing Dixie and told the others in the elevator that he was trying to make the new senator cry. "Oh I Wish I Was In The Land Of Cotton....Old Times There Are Not Forgotten"

And They Just Can't Figure Out Why The Black Vote Is 93% Democrat (and that more than half of women are pissed off at them.)

They also can't figure out why they've lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections...it might be the Latinos or crippled seniors.

Can we have a link for this highly unlikely story? I'm not a Ted Cruz fan BTW. Sounds a bit like bull**** to me though.

Were all 100 in the elevator?

This Ted Cruz thing with Jesse Helms was yesterday's passive aggressive racist news. It hards to keep up with them I know. Just like Ron Paul saying the USA triggered 9/11. So good of him to say that on 9/11. Rand dodged the rebound on Politico. And PUKIN so is on son Rand's short list for VP.
Can we have a link for this highly unlikely story? I'm not a Ted Cruz fan BTW. Sounds a bit like bull**** to me though.

Were all 100 in the elevator?

do they have a real platform?...i dont see it.

their candidates......oh yes! they are terrible.

•••They have a fixation with abortion, spreading the word of god and reducing taxes for the already wealthy. It's pretty annoying.

their candidates......oh yes! they are terrible
•••I actually am an admirer of McCain but he certainly showed no wisdom in his choice of running mate. As for Romney, well, the best quote I can come up with is "the rich, they are not like you and me".

They're working on the "legitimate rape" language for 2016's platform.
•••They have a fixation with abortion, spreading the word of god and reducing taxes for the already wealthy. It's pretty annoying.

•••I actually am an admirer of McCain but he certainly showed no wisdom in his choice of running mate. As for Romney, well, the best quote I can come up with is "the rich, they are not like you and me".

This Ted Cruz thing with Jesse Helms was yesterday's passive aggressive racist news. It hards to keep up with them I know. Just like Ron Paul saying the USA triggered 9/11. So good of him to say that on 9/11. Rand dodged the rebound on Politico. And PUKIN so is on son Rand's short list for VP.

Your answer, while full of depth and scintillating wisdom, has not one thing to do with my question. I requested a link to the elevator story since I'm suspicious of the origin.

They're working on the "legitimate rape" language for 2016's platform.

OK, I'll add that to my list of GOP platform issues that cause them to lose.

He gave a taped speech yesterday. Since I am not the OP, it'll take time. They also showed remembrances of Helms in an elevator with Black female Sen. Moseley-Braun from IL when he was singing "I wish I was in Dixie" and meanly said I won't stop until I make her cry. Of course, this is Rush-like and okay.
Your answer, while full of depth and scintillating wisdom, has not one thing to do with my question. I requested a link to the elevator story since I'm suspicious of the origin.

Last edited:

well lets look at the other side, spreading secular ideas, increasing taxes on people who have money just for that reason ...the constitution's idea was taxes were to be uniform. and that government would treat everyone the same, by attacking the rich singularly, the are violating the founding principles.... It's pretty annoying., and i am not even a republican.

well the problem with republicans is they field candidates who are as many people say ...democrat- lite.........when you run for office ,you need to set yourself apart from the opposition, not be like them.

example: in 1994 Romney and Kennedy were running against each other, and tied in the polls, however they had a debate, and Romney echoed everything Kennedy said, next day Romney's numbers fall, and he lost the election.

He gave a taped speech yesterday. Since I am not the OP, it'll take time. They also showed remembrances of Helms in an elevator with Black female Sen. Moseley-Braun from IL when he was singing "I wish I was in Dixie" and meanly said I won't stop until I make her cry. Of course, this is Rush-like and okay.

I'm still patiently waiting for that link. Then, if it is true, I will be just as offended as you or the OP are.

well lets look at the other side, spreading secular ideas, increasing taxes on people who have money just for that reason ...the constitution's idea was taxes were to be uniform. and that government would treat everyone the same, by attacking the rich singularly, the are violating the founding principles.... It's pretty annoying., and i am not even a republican.

well the problem with republicans is they field candidates who are as many people say ...democrat- lite.........when you run for office ,you need to set yourself apart from the opposition, not be like them.

example: in 1994 Romney and Kennedy were running against each other, and tied in the polls, however they had a debate, and Romney echoed everything Kennedy said, next day Romney's numbers fall, and he lost the election.

We are a secular nation and I don't know how you "spread a secular idea".

I don't consider the rich to be under attack (except on internet postings). They make the most money and they pay the most taxes. I have no problem with that and believe me, I've paid a lot of taxes. And you know why it didn't bother me? Because I made a lot of money and while I didn't have an orgasm coughing up 40.5%, I did get a trill down my spine because I got the other 59.5%.

And I assure you that I'm not a Democrat.

I don't consider the rich to be under attack (except on internet postings). They make the most money and they pay the most taxes. I have no problem with that and believe me, I've paid a lot of taxes. And you know why it didn't bother me? Because I made a lot of money and while I didn't have an orgasm coughing up 40.5%, I did get a trill down my spine because I got the other 59.5%.

first :tell me those that are on the left, do they spread any kind of ideas when they are in power , of coarse they do, just as the right does, they are not different.

the idea our nation is secular?......how do you draw this conclusion...by the Constitution?.........our constitution is not of religion, and if you wish to use that, then we shall.....our nation is a union of states which the Constitution states that fact , 50 of them.

of those 50 states, 50 of them have GOD in their Constitutions, this nation even had state religions after the constitution was created.

tell me , when the government uses the media and declares that the rich need to pay their fair share, and members of congress call rich people greedy, and selfish, what is that, its an attack on a particular class of people.

can you imagine the government saying something about Blacks ,Hispanics, the poor, gays, in a negative manner.

government is not here to take anyone's side or bully anyone, it is here to be the arbitrator of problems in securing rights.

Last edited:
first :tell me those that are on the left, do they spread any kind of ideas when they are in power , of coarse they do, just as the right does, they are not different.

the idea our nation is secular?......how do you draw this conclusion...by the Constitution?.........our constitution is not of religion, and if you wish to use that, then we shall.....our nation is a union of states which the Constitution states that fact , 50 of them.

of those 50 states, 50 of them have GOD in their Constitutions, this nation even had state religions after the constitution was created.

tell me , when the government uses the media and declares that the rich need to pay their fair share, and members of congress call rich people greedy, and selfish, what is that, its an attack on a particular class of people.

can you imagine the government saying something about Blacks ,Hispanics, the poor, gays, in a negative manner.

government is not here to take anyone's side or bully anyone, it is here to be the arbitrator of problems in securing rights.

Which Republicans want nothing to do with unless you are fat, white, straight (until you get caught), not female.

Ted Cruz: You, Sir, Are No Jesse Helms: Texas senator praises the grand obstructionist and bigot - News Blog - The Austin Chronicle
Cruz, McConnell, both Pauls and the rest of these TEAloons should be in every Democratic ad for the Senate and House next year.

Helms notoriously once ranted that "a lot of human beings have been born bums," and regularly ranted about "Negro hoodlums." It wasn't just his rhetoric that reeked of the Old South: He famously sang "Dixie" while standing near Carol Moseley Braun, the first African-American female senator, and was against renewing the Voting Rights Act in 1982.

I am completely in the wrong. I misread the OP and I thought that Campbell said that Ted Cruz was the singer. Mea Culpa.

Now, where can I find the information about Cruz saying he wished we had 100 Senators like Jesse Helms. Then I will put a curse on him.

Just FYI, I was part of a group that sued the government over Helms' asshole behavior. So, trust me, I'm not a Helms fan:)

Maybe I just need new glasses.

Which Republicans want nothing to do with unless you are fat, white, straight (until you get caught), not female.

so here we are ..........republicans are the black hats and the democratic are the white hats......amazing!

there are no good sides of both parties, they use the people and keep them divided and fighting against each other.

The idea that we are a secular nation is just my own opinion. I'm not aware that the government was spreading secularity. All these politicians claim to be big god fans (although they are almost certainly liars).

The GOP seems to have school prayer in their platform. So, I think that this is a big turn-off even though we have so many purported god believers. But I'll concede the point.

Ted Cruz: 'We Need 100 More Like Jesse Helms' In The Senate
I'll be in your fair city next month for sports betting.
I am completely in the wrong. I misread the OP and I thought that Campbell said that Ted Cruz was the singer. Mea Culpa.

Now, where can I find the information about Cruz saying he wished we had 100 Senators like Jesse Helms. Then I will put a curse on him.

Just FYI, I was part of a group that sued the government over Helms' asshole behavior. So, trust me, I'm not a Helms fan:)

Maybe I just need new glasses.

My dad had less than a high school education and worked hard all his life for average wages. I've heard him say several times that he would like to make enough to pay a million dollars in taxes. That was back when a dollar would buy five gallons of gas and ten pounds of potatoes cost $0.29.

Back
Top Bottom