• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Conspiracy that is Real

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Post Citizens United: Big money controlling politicians who then control the people who vote based on the lies they are told by the big money corporations.

Some of us are woke though.

The rest---well, stupid is as stupid does.

We were shockingly close to agreeing on something, but you can't legislate your way out of corporatism or private-public corruption. You keep on thinking actions like those addressed in "Citizen United" are what makes you woke :peace

We were shockingly close to agreeing on something, but you can't legislate your way out of corporatism or private-public corruption. You keep on thinking actions like those addressed in "Citizen United" are what makes you woke :peace

Of course we can't legislate our way out when it takes getting Republicans on board to make it really work/pass. Hint hint. Support politicians that fight fraud, not engage in it? Just an idea.

Post Citizens United: Big money controlling politicians who then control the people who vote based on the lies they are told by the big money corporations.

This has been going on since LOOOONG before Citizens United. If you are just now "woke", then you are late to the party.

Talking to yourself again

Big money has always been a part of politics and Citizens United has nothing to do with it.

In fact Citizens United is the only thing that has the possibility to give the small people a voice.

A super rich person can afford to buy a $10 million dollar ad campaign on their own, however 1 million people that can only afford $10 to support a cause can’t so they can make a super PAC to get awareness for their cause.

Citizens United didn’t bring big money into politics it brought all money into politics

Talking to yourself again

Big money has always been a part of politics and Citizens United has nothing to do with it.

In fact Citizens United is the only thing that has the possibility to give the small people a voice.

A super rich person can afford to buy a $10 million dollar ad campaign on their own, however 1 million people that can only afford $10 to support a cause can’t so they can make a super PAC to get awareness for their cause.

Citizens United didn’t bring big money into politics it brought all money into politics

1912 was over 100 years before Citizens United. Maybe you should educate yourself before looking too stupid accusing someone else of being stupid.

In a 1912 ballot initiative, the citizens of Montana passed the Montana Corrupt Practices Act in response to the major influence of corporations on state elections.[5] During the early 20th Century, a number of rich "Copper Barons" controlled most of the political process through quid pro quo financial transactions with politicians.[6] In response, the state restricted the amount of money that corporations and individuals could donate to campaigns.[7] American Tradition Partnership (ATP), formerly known as Western Tradition Partnership,[8] had challenged the Montana Corrupt Practices Act of 1912...

The U.S. Supreme Court reversed the Montana Supreme Court without hearing oral argument in American Tradition Partnership, Inc. v. Bullock, 567 U.S. 516 (2012) by a short, per curiam opinion. The Court wrote only that "[t]here can be no serious doubt" that the holding of Citizens United applies to the Montana state law, as per U.S. Const., Art. VI, cl. 2, and that "Montana's arguments in support of the judgment below either were already rejected in Citizens United, or fail to meaningfully distinguish that case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Tradition_Partnership,_Inc._v._Montana

Adding to the conspiracy is something right out of what sounds like a CT.

Documents Found in Meth House Bare Inner Workings of Dark Money Group

Besides material from the campaigns, the boxes also contained mailers on 2008 and 2010 races in Colorado and Montana from Western Tradition Partnership and six other groups. There were bank statements for several groups, including the Coalition for Energy and the Environment, the Alliance of Montana Taxpayers and the Conservative Victory Fund.

In all the documents, one name repeatedly popped up: Christian LeFer. Even though two Montana Republican politicians founded WTP, investigators determined that LeFer was the man behind the scenes.

1912 was over 100 years before Citizens United. Maybe you should educate yourself before looking too stupid accusing someone else of being stupid.

Do you even read what you post? All that says is that state law can’t over ride constitutional rights. A concept so simple that even someone who write with crayons can understand

Of course we can't legislate our way out when it takes getting Republicans on board to make it really work/pass. Hint hint. Support politicians that fight fraud, not engage in it? Just an idea.
Umm democrats are up to their noses in big corporations, special interest groups and pay for play. So I am not sure who you mean when you say voting and support those fighting fraud instead of those involved.

You find me the politicians and qualified civil servants not in the game of becoming millionaires off trading political favouritism for power - and they likely got my vote - right or left.

I saw in Canada, a legacy act to try public financing via $/vote (best attempt to address the issue) - didn’t change a thing - just saved some donors money well limiting the ability of those with unorthodox voices and solutions to have a voice at all.

Do you even read what you post? All that says is that state law can’t over ride constitutional rights. A concept so simple that even someone who write with crayons can understand

lol...yeah, and Citizens Untied is about free speech. :roll: Stupid definitely is as stupid does.

Umm democrats are up to their noses in big corporations, special interest groups and pay for play. So I am not sure who you mean when you say voting and support those fighting fraud instead of those involved.
You find me the politicians and qualified civil servants not in the game of becoming millionaires off trading political favouritism for power - and they likely got my vote - right or left.
I saw in Canada, a legacy act to try public financing via $/vote (best attempt to address the issue) - didn’t change a thing - just saved some donors money well limiting the ability of those with unorthodox voices and solutions to have a voice at all.

False equivalency and willful ignorance.

What political leans were the judges that overturned Citizens United in a 5-4? Republican/Conservative? OR where they Democrats?
Republicans oppose it.

As I said, wake up, and help govern and craft meaningful laws, instead of this lying, make-believe, bull****.

Humans conspire all the time, and they successfully keep secrets all the time. It's part of the human condition. Why some people pretend conspiracies are rare or unusual is likely because they've been convinced by George Bush and others to think that way.

Humans also love to ham it up in front of a camera, acting in front of the camera.

Humans conspire all the time, and they successfully keep secrets all the time. It's part of the human condition. Why some people pretend conspiracies are rare or unusual is likely because they've been convinced by George Bush and others to think that way.

Humans also love to ham it up in front of a camera, acting in front of the camera.
and they also enjoy having children collected and told to lay still and play dead.

Obama was not duped by Middle Easter Muslims who put him through college. He just made sure they reaped a huge payback for their contributions by shuttering American fossil fuel development thereby pushing America's dependence on foreign oil to unprecedented levels.

Obama was not duped by Middle Easter Muslims who put him through college. He just made sure they reaped a huge payback for their contributions by shuttering American fossil fuel development thereby pushing America's dependence on foreign oil to unprecedented levels.

I guess the fact that fracking helped the US reach unprecedented levels of global oil production between 2009 and 17, escaped you.

I guess the fact that fracking helped the US reach unprecedented levels of global oil production between 2009 and 17, escaped you.

Fracking may have escaped me but shutting down the massive and vital coal industry in time of great recession did not escape me. No wonder most West Virginians hated Obama. West Virginian coal miners are a good example of who would lose the most if the electoral college is ever done away with. Most New York city dwellers and DC democrats could not care less about what West Virginia coal miners want or need.

Last edited:
On a sunny January afternoon, Paula Jean Swearengin, a 43-year-old accounting clerk and single mother of four from Coal City, West Virginia, steers a red rental SUV up a narrow back road in southern Kanawha County. She points at trailer homes caked in a fine layer of black soot, blown off the coal trucks that thunder through the area – “You see the coal dust on these homes!” she says – and stops at a gurgling creek glowing orange. The waste rock of a nearby mountaintop-removal mining site, latent with hazardous elements like selenium, is dumped into valleys, where the toxic chemicals leach into streams. According to a number of studies, the process also increases the rates of lung cancer, kidney disease and birth defects in surrounding communities. “People are dropping like flies,” says Swearengin, whose activism has turned into a long-shot bid for the U.S. Senate this year.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/revolt-in-west-virginias-coal-country-627943/

Fracking may have escaped me but shutting down the massive and vital coal industry in time of great recession did not escape me. No wonder most West Virginians hated Obama. West Virginian coal miners are a good example of who would lose the most if the electoral college is ever done away with. Most New York city dwellers and DC democrats could not care less about what West Virginia coal miners want or need.
If fracking escaped you, then you missed most of the modern boom in energy production and have absolutely no idea of the real reason why coal is dead.

If fracking escaped you, then you missed most of the modern boom in energy production and have absolutely no idea of the real reason why coal is dead.

Coal is not dead in spite of the stupid efforts of idiots to kill it.

Coal is not dead in spite of the stupid efforts of idiots to kill it.

You appear to think that everyone in the world is an idiot except you. Divest yourself of that idea.

You appear to think that everyone in the world is an idiot except you. Divest yourself of that idea.

I am a fool as well, no doubt, in some ways and in some instances. For one example, I have been accused of and cannot refute the claim that I am a fool for Christ.

Back
Top Bottom