• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Conservative Media Echo Chamber Is Making the Right Intellectually Deaf[W:163]

Re: The Conservative Media Echo Chamber Is Making the Right Intellectually Deaf

So...media is biased, and people only care about news that represents their bias.

So...media is biased, and people only care about news that represents their bias.

I think you mean stupid people

I think you mean stupid people

Well, not my words, I just took a long winded article overloaded with adds and pop ups, and abridged it.

This fellow is a typical NRO patrician who is unhappy that Fox News and other conservative media don't have the right kinds of conservatives. He goes through a laundry list of problems Fox News has but fails to place those observations in context. Yes, Fox News has a viewer-ship that is largely confined to ideological soul mates. Now, which of the other media outlets appeal to the public broadly? None of them, I suspect. The entire news media establishment has problems with credibility and low prestige, not to mention a shrinking viewer-ship.

To read this one would think that Republicans were a minority of the American political establishment and can't get their message out to the people. But it's not true. Republicans have both houses of congress and the majority of state legislatures and governorships. Republican ideas do appeal to the people, and the people know about them.

Folks prefer confirmation bias - I am shocked. ;)

Next we will be informed that they also prefer their own religion, brand of auto and music venues.

Last edited:

This fellow is a typical NRO patrician who is unhappy that Fox News and other conservative media don't have the right kinds of conservatives. He goes through a laundry list of problems Fox News has but fails to place those observations in context. Yes, Fox News has a viewer-ship that is largely confined to ideological soul mates. Now, which of the other media outlets appeal to the public broadly? None of them, I suspect. The entire news media establishment has problems with credibility and low prestige, not to mention a shrinking viewer-ship.

To read this one would think that Republicans were a minority of the American political establishment and can't get their message out to the people. But it's not true. Republicans have both houses of congress and the majority of state legislatures and governorships. Republican ideas do appeal to the people, and the people know about them.

Fear is a biological instinct and will naturally get and keep people's attention. And Republican ideas are largely based on fear. IE: the sky is falling. Rapists, murders and muslims, oh my.

Last edited:

Fear is a biological instinct and will naturally get and keep people's attention. And Republican ideas are largely based on fear. IE: the sky is falling. Rapists, murders and muslims, oh my.

You know nothing about the Conservative message, just the biases opinion you've been told to have.

I'd say that fear is more a part of the Democratic message: fear of imaginary racists, sexists, bigots, homophobes, etc. Fear of losing welfare payments, government subsidies, and the like. And envy, of course. Fear that someone else might do better in life than you.

You know nothing about the Conservative message, just the biases opinion you've been told to have.

What are you afraid of, Renae?

Rapists? It's the left side that is constantly saying our female college students are living in a "rape culture".

Murders? It's the left side that is constantly saying that we need to ban some (or all) types of gun because of murders.

Muslims? Yes, some actually DO want to kill us. That's not a crazy, irrational fear-based assessment.

And the left are the ones who touting the scare-tactics that the Earth will soon become inhabitable and the oceans will rise and the coastlines will be under water!!!!1111 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Last edited:

One biased media outlet on the right is damaging. A thousand on the left are joyous harmony. My favorite is the NYT with their new slogan, "All the news that fits, we print." It's hard to believe the liberal media is trying to resurrect Dan Rather but they really don't see anything wrong with lying.

Rapists? It's the left side that is constantly saying our female college students are living in a "rape culture".

Murders? It's the left side that is constantly saying that we need to ban some (or all) types of gun because of murders.

Muslims? Yes, some actually DO want to kill us. That's not a crazy, irrational fear-based assessment.

And the left are the ones who touting the scare-tactics that the Earth will soon become inhabitable and the oceans will rise and the coastlines will be under water!!!!1111 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Actually, I'm hard-pressed to come up with a single core issue on the Left which ISN'T based in fear.

One biased media outlet on the right is damaging. A thousand on the left are joyous harmony. My favorite is the NYT with their new slogan, "All the news that fits, we print." It's hard to believe the liberal media is trying to resurrect Dan Rather but they really don't see anything wrong with lying.

Surely Roger Ailes your conservative journalistic hero - great choice.

I don't know, he might have a point...

Pictures1.jpg

I don't know, he might have a point...

Pictures1.jpg

I'm sorry I was talking in the US, I have no idea what's going with the Brits and don't speak for them...

Speaking as a former member of the media, I can easily state that the modern American media is an utter disgrace. The free press was intended to be the watchdogs of the truth. But except for a very few who are trying to get the truth out there as objectively as possible--and ALL of these a regularly trashed by the others, on message boards, etc.--the rest are total lapdogs for the Democratic party.

If the person is conservative or Republican, any hint of scandal or anything they can pretend is a scandal or any statement they can twist to make into something attackable leads their newscasts or is prominent on their front pages, as often as not for days and days. But if it is Obama or Hillary or anybody on their side, oh they didn't mean it that way or they were misunderstood--it gets a bare mention if any mention at all and then it is buried never to see the light of day again. It is shameful, and hateful, and serves us poorly.

I'm sorry I was talking in the US, I have no idea what's going with the Brits and don't speak for them...

Or for the US.

Actually, I'm hard-pressed to come up with a single core issue on the Left which ISN'T based in fear.

That doesn't surprise me.

The left is demonized by the right.

Speaking as a former member of the media, I can easily state that the modern American media is an utter disgrace. The free press was intended to be the watchdogs of the truth. But except for a very few who are trying to get the truth out there as objectively as possible--and ALL of these a regularly trashed by the others, on message boards, etc.--the rest are total lapdogs for the Democratic party.

If the person is conservative or Republican, any hint of scandal or anything they can pretend is a scandal or any statement they can twist to make into something attackable leads their newscasts or is prominent on their front pages, as often as not for days and days. But if it is Obama or Hillary or anybody on their side, oh they didn't mean it that way or they were misunderstood--it gets a bare mention if any mention at all and then it is buried never to see the light of day again. It is shameful, and hateful, and serves us poorly.

Quoted for truth. Authoritative as AlbqOwl was "a former member of the media". Well done.

I too am concerned about the 4th estate's role, holding government accountable to the people, and their failing in that important role for our system of government to work properly.

On first read, it appears to be a rational review of the state of affairs.

Most ominous in the article is the following paragraph:

Elections can only be about the economy if the nation’s elite journalists are willing to make them so. While candidates can do their best to highlight an issue, elections are about what the media want them to be. Politicians can run all the advertising they want trying to push the economy or any other subject but unless the media are willing to play along, those efforts simply are not going to work.

Read more at: Page Not Found

Money is being invested to conduct studies to quantify and document the media's activity this election cycle. It will interesting post election, to read the final analysis.

We have entered a very dangerous period in the dissemination of news and information. it begs for questions about what is acceptable, and what can be done about it.

Back
Top Bottom