• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Conservative Media Echo Chamber Is Making the Right Intellectually Deaf[W:163]

Re: The Conservative Media Echo Chamber Is Making the Right Intellectually Deaf

No, that does NOT speak to what I said. The bias was the point in contention, not the "trust."

Ummm . . . it is when he used it in such a way.

I guess we'll agree to disagree :peace

I guess we'll agree to disagree :peace

"Agreeing to disagree" on a matter of fact is kinda useless.

"Agreeing to disagree" on a matter of fact is kinda useless.

What fact did I get wrong? If it's related to the word "ANY" and how it's interpreted in casual conversation, then I'll concede your irrelevant semantic point.

What fact did I get wrong? If it's related to the word "ANY" and how it's interpreted in casual conversation, then I'll concede your irrelevant semantic point.

It's not "irrelevant" - it was the entire basis for the argument.

No, that does NOT speak to what I said. The bias was the point in contention, not the "trust."

Ummm . . . it is when he used it in such a way.

I already explained to you that i was referring to the group of people who use reality as their knowledge bubble, rather than those who use a smaller bubble (like the conservative bubble).

I even used a number of actual quotes to explain that to you. I'm shocked that you still don't understand that.

You did it twice, even after being called on it the first time.

No, i didn't. I even graciously took responsibility for your misunderstanding and now you are trying to leverage that to make wild claims.

You should know better because it's one of the most basic and common logical fallacies.

I fully accept that it "seems" that way to you.

And the data seems to demonstrate that as well, so what does that tell you ?

I will acknowledge that it was inappropriate for me to project my personal ideals to the left as a whole.
You did it twice, even after being called on it the first time.
No, i didn't.

Really?

Here’s where you did it the first time:

I've cited fox news, forbes, etc sites as sources quite often. I don't rule them out as sources because of their alleged bias.

Here’s where I called you on it:

Uhhhh . . . good for you? Do you represent the entirety of the Left yourself personally?

And here’s where you did it the second time, after I called you on it:

The right is inclined to use the middle ground fallacy as a crutch to grant undeserved legitimacy to their sources. I don't have to, i do not have to exclude information solely on the basis of the source, because my worldview is reasonably consistent with the consensus, which i presume to be reasonably consistent with reality.

The problem is that the right attacks science and experts, and that disillusions them from me. I'm not attached to the left, i'm attached to reality.

So, you did it once, I called you on it, and then you did it again.

This is not MY “misunderstanding.” This is what YOU did.

I even graciously took responsibility for your misunderstanding and now you are trying to leverage that to make wild claims.

This is an abject, utter, complete fabrication. This is a knowing and craven lie.

I almost think you're gaslighting me here.

And the data seems to demonstrate that* as well, so what does that tell you ?

*"that" being:

The right seems more restrictive on the basis of source, and more distrust lends itself to more submission to a pre-existing view.

No, the data demonstrate that the Left may trust a larger number of sources. It doesn't say a thing about "more submission to a pre-existing view." To wit: if that greater number of sources is nonetheless lock-step leftist, then it reinforces a pre-existing view just as much if not more than the fewer number of lockstep-right sources. The data do not speak to this, at all, only numbers.

Really?

Here’s where you did it the first time:

Here’s where I called you on it:

And here’s where you did it the second time, after I called you on it:

So, you did it once, I called you on it, and then you did it again.

This is not MY “misunderstanding.” This is what YOU did.

This is an abject, utter, complete fabrication. This is a knowing and craven lie.

I almost think you're gaslighting me here.

*"that" being:

No, the data demonstrate that the Left may trust a larger number of sources. It doesn't say a thing about "more submission to a pre-existing view." To wit: if that greater number of sources is nonetheless lock-step leftist, then it reinforces a pre-existing view just as much if not more than the fewer number of lockstep-right sources. The data do not speak to this, at all, only numbers.

I fail to see where i projected that on the left. Perhaps you should calm down and look at this objectively.

I see your confusion.

You don't understand what i've been saying. If you use reality as your bubble for information, you will inevitably lean left.

The right has intentionally distanced itself from reality, keeping itself contained, in terms of information, to the conservative news bubble.

I don't actually consider myself to have any left bias, whatsoever. What i have is a reality bias, and in your language, that is a left bias.

Re: The Conservative Media Echo Chamber Is Making the Right Intellectually Deaf[W:163

Ah- i see your confusion.

You don't understand what i've been saying. If you use reality as your bubble for information, you will inevitably lean left.

No. That's not -- AT ALL -- what you've been saying.

At. All.

I don't actually consider myself to have any left bias, whatsoever. What i have is a reality bias, and in your language, that is a left bias.

Every bit of this is trolling nonsense.

As all you're doing is lying and trolling now, see ya.

Re: The Conservative Media Echo Chamber Is Making the Right Intellectually Deaf[W:163

No. That's not -- AT ALL -- what you've been saying.

At. All.

Every bit of this is trolling nonsense.

As all you're doing is lying and trolling now, see ya.

That's complete horse****.

When did the left do that to itself ?

In my lifetime, no major political party has embarrassed itself anywhere near the scale of Trump's GOP.

And it's plainly obvious to anyone who acquires knowledge outside the conservative bubble that Trump is a loon, yet he has wide support in the GOP. It's just obvious that the GOP constituents are happily consuming a heavily doctored version of reality.

The left never did this.

The difference is that the left's "narrative-reinforcing bubble" is known as "reality."

This is essentially the same as :

If you use reality as your bubble for information, you will inevitably lean left.

The right has intentionally distanced itself from reality, keeping itself contained, in terms of information, to the conservative news bubble.

That's complete horse****.

This is essentially the same as :

No, it isn't.

Buh-bye.

Back
Top Bottom