• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Confidential Memo at the Heart of the Global Financial Crisis

Should Summers be allowed in a Government job?

• YES!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • OTHER! explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveFagan

Iconoclast
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Confidential Memo at the Heart of the Global Financial Crisis | VICE United Kingdom

"The Memo confirmed every conspiracy freak’s fantasy: that in the late 1990s, the top US Treasury officials secretly conspired with a small cabal of banker big-shots to rip apart financial regulation across the planet. When you see 26.3 percent unemployment in Spain, desperation and hunger in Greece, riots in Indonesia and Detroit in bankruptcy, go back to this End Game memo, the genesis of the blood and tears. The Treasury official playing the bankers’ secret End Game was Larry Summers. Today, Summers is Barack Obama’s leading choice for Chairman of the US Federal Reserve, the world’s central bank. If the confidential memo is authentic, then Summers shouldn’t be serving on the Fed, he should be serving hard time in some dungeon reserved for the criminally insane of the finance world." "“As we enter the end-game of the WTO financial services negotiations, I believe it would be a good idea for you to touch base with the CEOs…”

"To avoid Summers having to call his office to get the phone numbers (which, under US law, would have to appear on public logs), Geithner listed the private lines of what were then the five most powerful CEOs on the planet. And here they are:
Goldman Sachs: John Corzine (212)902-8281
Merrill Lynch: David Kamanski (212)449-6868
Bank of America: David Coulter (415)622-2255
Citibank: John Reed (212)559-2732
Chase Manhattan: Walter Shipley (212)270-1380
Lamy was right: They don’t smoke cigars. Go ahead and dial them. I did, and sure enough, got a cheery personal hello from Reed – cheery until I revealed I wasn't Larry Summers. (Note: The other numbers were swiftly disconnected. And Corzine can’t be reached while he faces criminal charges.)"

The Confidential Memo at the Heart of the Global Financial Crisis | VICE United Kingdom

Why are these individuals still in government?

Isn't this collusion and all involved broke the law?

Why isn't this in the mainstream media?

Is this news that's not fit to print?

Last edited:
Does anyone realize that this is the same Larry Summers that is being touted as the new head of Treasury or the Federal Reserve? Do you want to keep the foxes in the henhouse? With this guy we'll get more of the same and I don't think that's any good.

Does anyone realize that this is the same Larry Summers that is being touted as the new head of Treasury or the Federal Reserve? Do you want to keep the foxes in the henhouse? With this guy we'll get more of the same and I don't think that's any good.

Yes I do.

That was one of the few things I agreed with Ron Paul about.
Audit The Fed!!!!

Also IMO those bankers,Corzine in particular should be doing hard time!!

Yes I do.

That was one of the few things I agreed with Ron Paul about.
Audit The Fed!!!!

Also IMO those bankers,Corzine in particular should be doing hard time!!

Does this also mean that Obama is owned and operated by these same "banksters?" People from these same organizations keep rotating through the management of our gov't. I wonder if these agencies are CIA controlled and that would explain some of these activities. The US Treasury, the Plunge Protection Team, the ESF (Economic Stabilization Fund), IMF, World Bank, and all operating to give credibility to a "medium of exchange" of wispy quality, like a handful of smoke. That would refer to the US Dollar. Confidence, my friend, but let's not talk about things like that. That is referred to as conspiratorial. You know, giving value to something with "confidence." "I am confident." "You are confident." "We are confident." "They are confident." "All are confident." That is the same song sung by all Treasury and Fed choruses on every Media outlet that will have them. A "confidence game."

Does this also mean that Obama is owned and operated by these same "banksters?" People from these same organizations keep rotating through the management of our gov't. I wonder if these agencies are CIA controlled and that would explain some of these activities. The US Treasury, the Plunge Protection Team, the ESF (Economic Stabilization Fund), IMF, World Bank, and all operating to give credibility to a "medium of exchange" of wispy quality, like a handful of smoke. That would refer to the US Dollar. Confidence, my friend, but let's not talk about things like that. That is referred to as conspiratorial. You know, giving value to something with "confidence." "I am confident." "You are confident." "We are confident." "They are confident." "All are confident." That is the same song sung by all Treasury and Fed choruses on every Media outlet that will have them. A "confidence game."

I think 90% of our federal politicians are owned by the banksters.

As to Wall Street a con game is what it is.

People who don't own the commodities selling them for a big profit
while screwing the little guy.Oil a perfect example

Ticks me off but nothing we can do about it!

Back
Top Bottom