• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Conch Republic

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Has anyone ever heard of the Conch Republic, as a Fl. resident I'm suprised that I just heard about this act of civil disobedience for the first time today, check this sight out it's pretty hilarious.

http://www.conchrepublic.com/history.htm

You mean to tell me that as a Florida resident you've never been to Key West?

"We The People of the Conch Republic, in order to party more perfectly....."

Last edited:
ya I've been to key west a bunch of times but I never actually heard that they seceded it's freaking hilarious, that's awesome. I've heard them call it the conch republic but I've never thought anything about it I was thinking it was like calling Fl. the sunshine state, until I saw a show about it on the history channel, it's one of those things you hear but don't quite grasp the enormity of it, you know?

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
ya I've been to key west a bunch of times but I never actually heard that they seceded it's freaking hilarious, that's awesome. I've heard them call it the conch republic but I've never thought anything about it I was thinking it was like calling Fl. the sunshine state, until I saw a show about it on the history channel, it's one of those things you hear but don't quite grasp the enormity of it, you know?

They even stage a war every year where they attack Coast Guard Cutters. They fling chum at each other and at the end of the day the decks of both the Conch Republic "Navy" and the US Coast Guard are full of fish guts.

Back
Top Bottom