• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The colour of beer - what do you like?

I like beer of these colours ...

• golden

• light brown

• dark brown

• black

• red

• green

• other

• I do not care

• I do not drink beer

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Maybe the taste is more important, but the colour may also be pleasing. :)

@ about red and green beer

Berliner Weisse Mit Schuss
The mix of the beer with raspberry or woodruff syrup, dubbed Berliner Weisse “rot” or “grün” (red or green), makes for a refreshing summer drink.

To mix the drink, you first pour 2cl of the desired syurp into the glass and then top it up with a bottle of Berliner Weisse. Make sure to pour it with an energetic move in order to form a beautiful foam crown. After all, German beer lovers are not amused by a stale looking beer without foam! Very unusual for a beer in Germany, Berliner Weisse mit Schuss is typically drunk through a straw. However, we advise to refrain from this for environmental reasons!

Not only Berliners love this summery beverage. A widely spread legend even states that Napoleon’s soldiers called it “Champagne of the North” after they had tried it for the first time.

https://www.sunnysidecircus.com/countries/germany/food-drinks-germany/berliner-weisse/

Here's How to Make Green Beer for St. Patrick's Day Quickly

It's all in the name: Green beer is simply dyed beer. While the Irish still stick to Guinness, Americans love a good color scheme. It first came about in 1910 when the Spokane Press published the headline, "Green Beer Be Jabbers!" Many people, however, credit it to Professor Thomas H. Curtin who made the drink for his New York clubhouse in 1914. By the mid-1900s, the drink was a staple at St. Patrick's Day parties around the United States. As luck would have it, the drink didn't make its way to Ireland until 1985 — and it's still not very popular in the homeland.

If you ever hear your bartender talk about "green beer" in a negative way, he's probably not talking about the St.Paddy's version. Brewers use the term "green beer" to describe beer that's too young. It has a bad taste since it hasn't fully fermented and contains acetaldehyde.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/fo...vibrant green, add,will turn your mouth green.

lol...never got the whole green beer thing. I mean, it's fun on St. Paddy's day, but...meh.

Honestly, the only beer's I don't like are the super dark ones. I've got a couple I like, but not many, and I do NOT like Guinness. I'd rather pour rum into beef stew and get drunk on that, I'd feel less full....lol...

One thing I do not get is this new trend towards pickle beer. I'm not a fan of adding any flavor to beer (with the exception of something like a Hoegaarden), I mainly like my beer to taste like beer....but pickle beer causes me to physically gag.

lol...never got the whole green beer thing. I mean, it's fun on St. Paddy's day, but...meh.

With St. Paddy' s Day it is just the colour.
But in the case of the "Berliner Weiße", it is not just the colour but also the taste.
Raspberry makes red beer, woodruff makes green beer.

But in the case of the "Berliner Weiße", it is not just the colour but also the taste.

Interesting. Never had woodruff beer...would try it, but again, I generally just like beer flavored beer. :) There's enough variety there. How popular are flavored beers in Germany right now? I'd figure you guys would be the purists...

Interesting. Never had woodruff beer...would try it, but again, I generally just like beer flavored beer. :) There's enough variety there. How popular are flavored beers in Germany right now? I'd figure you guys would be the purists...

Well, I would say that usually a German beer is not flavoured.
The "Berliner Weiße" with woodruff or raspberry is a rare exception.
They are allowed their exception because of a special tradition, I think.

definitely like the orange!

Well, I would say that usually a German beer is not flavoured.
The "Berliner Weiße" with woodruff or raspberry is a rare exception.
They are allowed their exception because of a special tradition, I think.

Yeah, I dig that... Kind of like getting pumpkin spice or cranberry beer here around Thanksgiving. It's a nice treat, but not a daily drinker.

What's your favorite, by the way?

Sam Adams makes a ‘Cherry Wheat’ that is very good now and then.

Sam Adams makes a ‘Cherry Wheat’ that is very good now and then.

I wish I could get Sam Adams where I live. We can get it in Ontario, just not enough people drinking it in my little town for the local store to carry it. Not sure about the cherry flavoring, I feel like they would be going sour on that one, and I don't really like sour beer. Am I right on that assumption?

Let's put it that way: I have got many favourites!
But if I should name a name, then I would say: Badische Staats-Brauerei Rothaus.
>>> https://www.rothaus.de/

Or those dark brown Bavarian wheat beers (Weizenbiere).

Oh man, I'd love to see some of that over here...I've never seen it in our stores.

I wish I could get Sam Adams where I live. We can get it in Ontario, just not enough people drinking it in my little town for the local store to carry it. Not sure about the cherry flavoring, I feel like they would be going sour on that one, and I don't really like sour beer. Am I right on that assumption?

No, the cherry flavor is sweet. It’s not ”daily swill,“ as the missus refers to beer regularly consumed. I have moved to bourbon because I can’t hold that much without the bloat.

You can turn that site into English also >>> https://www.rothaus.de/

Yep, saw that and did. :)

If I ever visit Germany, you better have room in a cemetery for me somewhere over there, I'd eat and drink myself to death....lol... :) It would be more of a eat / drink destination for me than France or Italy, if I'm honest.

No, the cherry flavor is sweet. It’s not ”daily swill,“ as the missus refers to beer regularly consumed. I have moved to bourbon because I can’t hold that much without the bloat.

Interesting... Well, if you have me over for a beer, Rex, you won't have to worry about me stealing the good stuff on ya, I guess I'm just a basic kind of guy. I like the variety found in microbrews, but I tend to be more of a traditionalist - not intentional, I assure you, I'm no snob. The only flavored beer I truly love is Hoegaarden, which adds a light flavoring of orange peel and coriander. That actually could be a daily drinker.

Old-Engine-Oil-2.jpg

Had both these in Berlin a couple of years ago...in hot weather they were perfect...and not too high in alcohol during the day either.

Back
Top Bottom