• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Clinton Legacy

Stinger said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
So let's see, you ask a question, someone answers it and in response you tag that person as "obsessed". That's quite amazing. Perhaps I am just not as obessed with defending him as you seem to be. But in actullity it seems more that you know you've already lost you position and now must engage in such hyperbole to try and dismiss my rebuttle. Quite transparent.

Not evidenced by your post

So she because of his actions and his urging her to submit a false affidavit and his entering it into court knowing ir perjured her putting her in jeapordy of facing up to 10 years in a federal prison all you can say is "poor Ms. Lewinsky"? You don't think that reflects on Clinton at all, that's what "nice guys" do to women? And you have no idea if his wife ever forgave him, that's a totally made up statement on your part. And if we now adopt your standard as long a presidents are "good presidents' they are free to abuse women and break the law?

That's a heck of a hill to stand and defend.

My Quote:
So bosses creating a hostile workplace is just "Whoop de doo"? The President knowingly and repeatedly committing perjury and obstruction of justice in a federal civil rights trial is just "Whoop de doo"?

That's what I pointed out and that was your response, care to withdraw it now?

Well that's an empty claim and it's suppose to mitigate everything I have posted? Spare me. What if he had gone out and robbed a bank, surely there would be more pressing matters. How about raped someone, again there could surely be more pressing matter such as defending the country.

It had to do with the law and every citizens right to a fair trial. Again if you believe Clinton should have been able to "wriggle" out of a federal law suit then we may as well get rid of all sexual harassment laws. And it was far more than just trying to wriggle out of an affair. I almost went through a divorce many years ago, didn't and my lovely wife celebrate 23 years this year, it didn't go very far but I did talk with an attorney and depositions were ordered. He told me flat out that if I had had ANY affairs I would be asked about them and if I lied and did not tell the truth I face criminal charges of perjury. Now why is it you think Clinton is above the law and it was OK for him to lie?

zzzzzzzzzz

easyt65 said:
The way Clinton will be remembered?

Clinton Legacy:
http://prorev.com/legacy.htm

><><><><><><><

More links to 'chew on'........

Clinton Missile/Tchnology Treason: China Gate/Reno Held in Contempt for refusing to release documents regarding the case, refuses to Call for Independent council:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/4/18/175114.shtml
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/05/20/china.money/
http://www.fas.org/news/china/1998/980521-prc2.htm

Clinton gave the chinese military the technology for it to finally reach the U.S. with its Nuclear missiles in exchange for campaign contributions tracked directly back to the Chinese military!

In the past the response from liberals and GOP/Bush-Hater/Flamers has been to attempt to discredit any and all negative remarks about Clinton, most commonly by simply saying what I have posted is not true because THEY SAY SO.

If you're going to respond and you're going to attack me or discredit the post, please provide more than just your opinion, name-calling,....I produced the links/facts, please do the same. And just because you say any source is 'just a Conservative/GOP Rag' doesn't make it so. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Under normal circumstances people would give you information that contradicts your post, but most of recognize that your bias is so deep that it would be pointless. When the other side of the argument is presented it is never considered openmindedly. You are a true believer ideolog with a mission! The fact that some like you are still obsessed with Clinton hate say's it all!

As the brilliant, Super American you are, turn all your factual evidence over to the CIA and FBI so Clinton can be prosecuted! Remember to wear your tin foil hat! Bill could be reading your brain waves! :roll:

The years of unending inquisition moving from charge to charge spending million of dollars failed, but the Monica plot worked! She saved the evidence caarefully and reported back to the Republican operative! Be happy and let it go, and get a life! Are you aware he's not president any more? :lol:

Here's a current subject for you that might be more relevant. What kind of man would shoot a friend in the face and then not go with him to the hospital as any caring person would? Why would that person hide away and then make a controlled statement on the very biased Fox network? Very odd behavior for a caring innocent man! Unless there was a explanation for it! Here's a hint as to the answer: Can you say, "Blood Alcohol Test"? Cheney said he had one beer, and the owner of the ranch said no alcohol was served! Someone didn't remember the storyline they'd agreed on! At least Cheney could have tried to run away in O.J. Simpson's white Bronco and given us a good laugh! Check that out for us, or do you only go after Democrats? :lol:

Last edited:
Hey Uriemon, did you miss all the links on the facts about Al Qaeda's war against the U.S. that I posted?

You said you believed I was wrong about the hundreds of deaths at their hands, so I will post it again for you. As you read, count along with me:

Bin Laden Declares holy WAR on U.S
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...06/12/015.html

1990: The Saudi government allows U.S. troops to be stationed in Saudi Arabia following the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, which leads to the Persian Gulf War. Bin Laden is outraged by the U.S. military presence in Saudi Arabia, considered the cradle of Islam, and begins to write treatises against the Saudi regime
February 1993: A bomb at the World Trade Center kills six and wounds hundreds. Six Muslim radicals, who U.S. officials suspect have links to bin Laden, are eventually convicted for the bombing.
October, 1993: 18 U.S. servicemen who are part of a humanitarian mission to Somalia are killed in an ambush in Mogadishu. Bin Laden later says that some of the Arab Afghans were involved in the killings and calls Americans "paper tigers" because they withdrew from Somalia shortly after the soldiers' deaths.
1995: A truck bombing at a military base in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, kills five Americans and two Indians.
1996: Bin Laden declares a jihad, or holy war, against U.S. forces. Nineteen U.S. soldiers die in a bombing of the Khobar military complex in Saudi Arabia. The United States indicts bin Laden on charges of training the people involved in the 1993 attack that killed 18 U.S. servicemen in Somalia.
1998: Bin Laden declares that Muslims should kill Americans, civilians included, wherever they can find them. On August 7, a pair of truck bombs explodes outside the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, killing 224 people.
2000: Algerian Ahmed Ressam pleads guilty in connection with a failed plot to bomb Los Angeles International Airport during the millennium celebrations. He claims he was trained in urban warfare and explosives at an Afghanistan camp run by bin Laden.
October -- U.S.S. Cole bombed: 17 Americans dead, 39 Injured.
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/peop.../timeline.html

I also count the 9/11 dead among Clinton's body count, since he ignored the briefings about Able danger, did nothing in response to each previous Al Qaeda attack that took lives which only emboldened them, and weakened the ability of this nation to defend itself as legislation/rules was/were passed preventing the FBI and CIA from sharing info in order to protect Clinton from an investigation into his selling the Chinese military missile technology that allowed them to reach us with their nukes. (This link was posted earlier - Reno was actually held in Contempt by a judge for protecting Clinton's butt during this one!) Funny how Bill's personal scandals affected so many others!)

The body count above is just over 300 dead...and that is not counting 9/11. Didn't someone argue how Clinton had an era of peace? Oh, that was on another thread! :doh As I stated in that thread, if you close your eyes and plug your ears to block out the wails of the families of dead Americans, I guess you can claim 'peace'; otherwise, it is hard to do so while standing waist-deep in the bodies of Americans killed by the enemies preying upon this country!

I also count the 9/11 dead among Clinton's body count, since he ignored the briefings about Able danger,
So you don't think any blame should be placed on Bush for this?

Of course you have to remember that just because Bin Laden has claimed responsibility for some acts doesn't mean that him or his organisation has actually done them. They claimed responsibility for the london bombings but it is pretty clear that these men were working alone.

Willoughby said:
It is not my particular view..i was just arguing that Bush is probably less respected on the world stage than Clinton

"Probably" = OPINION.

I know for a FACT - personal experience being abroad atthe time, that the united states, and especially Clinton, was a laughing stock thanks to him and his NUMEROUS scandal! We had no legitimacy in the world as people asked why the U.S. thought anyone was interested in their opinon, especially since we could not keep our own affairs in order (talking about Clinton's continous run of scandals) and a President who couldn't keep himself out of trouble (or 'IT' in his pants) long enough to focus on the rest of the world. Who was HE to tell anyone else in the world THEY had problems?!

The U.S. was made a joke during his Presidency, and Clinton was the punch line!

Willoughby said:
So you don't think any blame should be placed on Bush for this?

Of course you have to remember that just because Bin Laden has claimed responsibility for some acts doesn't mean that him or his organisation has actually done them. They claimed responsibility for the london bombings but it is pretty clear that these men were working alone.

I did not say Bush has no blame to share in 9/11. I think it is foolish on both sides (the Bush-haters, pure-Dem-party-ers & the Clinton-hating, pure-Conservatives) to point fingers only at the other! The blame to share can flow quite a ways on this one. It is, however, a fact that Al Qaeda had been preying on America since 1990, and clinton did nothing! As I argue, if Clinton had done anything, had not ignored Able danger and had responded to Al Qaeda's attacks, maybe 9/11 would not have happened!

As far as the historical time line I provided, there is FBI, CIA, and military evidence to prove that Al Qaeda was behind each one of these with some link directly back to Bin Laden in each case.

easyt65 said:
Hey Uriemon, did you miss all the links on the facts about Al Qaeda's war against the U.S. that I posted?

You said you believed I was wrong about the hundreds of deaths at their hands, so I will post it again for you. As you read, count along with me:

Bin Laden Declares holy WAR on U.S
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...06/12/015.html

1990: The Saudi government allows U.S. troops to be stationed in Saudi Arabia following the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, which leads to the Persian Gulf War. Bin Laden is outraged by the U.S. military presence in Saudi Arabia, considered the cradle of Islam, and begins to write treatises against the Saudi regime
February 1993: A bomb at the World Trade Center kills six and wounds hundreds. Six Muslim radicals, who U.S. officials suspect have links to bin Laden, are eventually convicted for the bombing.
October, 1993: 18 U.S. servicemen who are part of a humanitarian mission to Somalia are killed in an ambush in Mogadishu. Bin Laden later says that some of the Arab Afghans were involved in the killings and calls Americans "paper tigers" because they withdrew from Somalia shortly after the soldiers' deaths.
1995: A truck bombing at a military base in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, kills five Americans and two Indians.
1996: Bin Laden declares a jihad, or holy war, against U.S. forces. Nineteen U.S. soldiers die in a bombing of the Khobar military complex in Saudi Arabia. The United States indicts bin Laden on charges of training the people involved in the 1993 attack that killed 18 U.S. servicemen in Somalia.
1998: Bin Laden declares that Muslims should kill Americans, civilians included, wherever they can find them. On August 7, a pair of truck bombs explodes outside the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, killing 224 people.
2000: Algerian Ahmed Ressam pleads guilty in connection with a failed plot to bomb Los Angeles International Airport during the millennium celebrations. He claims he was trained in urban warfare and explosives at an Afghanistan camp run by bin Laden.
October -- U.S.S. Cole bombed: 17 Americans dead, 39 Injured.
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/peop.../timeline.html

I also count the 9/11 dead among Clinton's body count, since he ignored the briefings about Able danger, did nothing in response to each previous Al Qaeda attack that took lives which only emboldened them, and weakened the ability of this nation to defend itself as legislation/rules was/were passed preventing the FBI and CIA from sharing info in order to protect Clinton from an investigation into his selling the Chinese military missile technology that allowed them to reach us with their nukes. (This link was posted earlier - Reno was actually held in Contempt by a judge for protecting Clinton's butt during this one!) Funny how Bill's personal scandals affected so many others!)

The body count above is just over 300 dead...and that is not counting 9/11. Didn't someone argue how Clinton had an era of peace? Oh, that was on another thread! :doh As I stated in that thread, if you close your eyes and plug your ears to block out the wails of the families of dead Americans, I guess you can claim 'peace'; otherwise, it is hard to do so while standing waist-deep in the bodies of Americans killed by the enemies preying upon this country!

Are you counting American dead or dead worldwide attacks? The 224 were not Americans. 65 Americans died from terrorist attacks during Clinton's term. Almost 100x that number under Bush.

If you are counting non-American, let's add the 30,000+ or so Iraqis that have died thanks to Mr. Bush's erroneous war.

Iriemon said:
Are you counting American dead or dead worldwide attacks? The 224 were not Americans. 65 Americans died from terrorist attacks during Clinton's term. .

Keep up with the posts - I said I also count the victims of 9/11 in Clinton's body count! If I am moveig to quickly for you or typing too fast, letme know and I will slow down! Thanks for acknowledging the (at least) 65 that died under Clinton's watch due to his ignoring Able Danger, cowardice, and inability to act after each consecutive Al Qaeda attack, at least! About time one of you Clinton-huggers finally acknowledged his failure to protect this country as President!

Probably" = OPINION.

I know for a FACT - personal experience being abroad atthe time, that the united states, and especially Clinton, was a laughing stock thanks to him and his NUMEROUS scandal! We had no legitimacy in the world as people asked why the U.S. thought anyone was interested in their opinon, especially since we could not keep our own affairs in order (talking about Clinton's continous run of scandals) and a President who couldn't keep himself out of trouble (or 'IT' in his pants) long enough to focus on the rest of the world. Who was HE to tell anyone else in the world THEY had problems?!

The U.S. was made a joke during his Presidency, and Clinton was the punch line!
and i live abroad so i know the "facts" about how people feel about bush now. People don't like him, he is the laughing stock right now...people like Clinton now..maybe they laughed at him then but they like him now...but they laugh at bush

Willoughby said:
and i live abroad so i know the "facts" about how people feel about bush now. People don't like him, he is the laughing stock right now...people like Clinton now..maybe they laughed at him then but they like him now...but they laugh at bush

I still work and travel abroad - guess we run in different circles because the majority of those I speak to like Bush. The ones who don't at least RESPECT him for his resolve and conviction....which no one EVER had for Clinton! Bush, unlike Clinton as President, is far from being a laughing stock abroad.

And yes I guess people do like Bill now. The name Jimmy carter ring a bell? He was a loser as a President, too, but he turned into a great AmbASSador, much like Clinton! Yup, people abroad like Clinton now! I love the guy now, too - now that the treasonous perjurer is out of the White House where he can't do the country any more damage! Although, as the 'Sandy Berger incident' demonstrated, we still are having to put up with his occassional scandals even 5 years after he left office! :roll:

easyt65 said:
Keep up with the posts - I said I also count the victims of 9/11 in Clinton's body count! ...

LOL! Sure!

I still work and travel abroad - guess we run in different circles because the majority of those I speak to like Bush. The ones who don't at least RESPECT him for his resolve and conviction....which no one EVER had for Clinton! Bush, unlike Clinton as President, is far from being a laughing stock abroad.
maybe its because your american?

Willoughby said:
maybe its because your american?

My being American has nothing to do with whether they like any or our Presidents or not. It isn't about me, it is about what they like or don't! The people I hang around don't kiss my butt or tip-toe around me to make sure they don't hurt my feeling s or who say only things they think I want to hear. If YOU hang around people like that, maybe you chould find a new crowd to hang around! Many times I don't even have to ask anyone - sometimes you can sit in the background, shut up, and listen to learn. Nice try to discredit my post, though!

My being American has nothing to do with whether they like any or our Presidents or not. It isn't about me, it is about what they like or don't! The people I hang around don't kiss my butt or tip-toe around me to make sure they don't hurt my feeling s or who say only things they think I want to hear. If YOU hang around people like that, maybe you chould find a new crowd to hang around! Many times I don't even have to ask anyone - sometimes you can sit in the background, shut up, and listen to learn. Nice try to discredit my post, though!
sorry i wasn't trying to discredit your post. I was just saying that i tend to save my most harsh criticisms of bush when my American friends aren't around...

Many people around the world are no fans of bush:

Opinion of US around the world:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A64388-2004Mar16?language=printer

World opinion of Bush Vs Kerry election:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/20/schneider.world/

Opinion of Bush by pundits around the world:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47622-2004Aug30.html

World opinion of 2004 Presidential race:
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/president/bush/articles/2004/09/09/foreign_polls_give_kerry_a_big_edge/

Willoughby said:
sorry i wasn't trying to discredit your post. I was just saying that i tend to save my most harsh criticisms of bush when my American friends aren't around...

Many people around the world are no fans of bush:

Apparently many Americans aren't either.

Not meaning to discredit yours either, but one of the links was to the election between Kerry and bush, the election in which Kerry stated we should put all of our trust into the U.N. while bush was pushing for action. It turns out that Kerry was proven wrong, humiliated by the fact the U.N. turned up to be running a Black marketing ring to suppport hussein while breaking every one of its own sanctions! Kerry has yet to publicly admit he was wrong on that one.

Several others were from the Washington Post, a bastion of liberalism. The story they ran, itself, was totally correct, though, but they quoted/displayed other media sources from around the world that attacked Bush. Are you telling me that a paper going out searching for Bush-bashing stories then running it in their own paper is a true demonstration of how the world feels about anyone? Not hardly! If we went about life believing everything the media told us about the world on a daily basis, we would be complete idiots! The media no longer reports the news - they make it!

Not meaning to discredit yours either, but one of the links was to the election between Kerry and bush, the election in which Kerry stated we should put all of our trust into the U.N. while bush was pushing for action. It turns out that Kerry was proven wrong, humiliated by the fact the U.N. turned up to be running a Black marketing ring to suppport hussein while breaking every one of its own sanctions! Kerry has yet to publicly admit he was wrong on that one.

Several others were from the Washington Post, a bastion of liberalism. The story they ran, itself, was totally correct, though, but they quoted/displayed other media sources from around the world that attacked Bush. Are you telling me that a paper going out searching for Bush-bashing stories then running it in their own paper is a true demonstration of how the world feels about anyone? Not hardly! If we went about life believing everything the media told us about the world on a daily basis, we would be complete idiots! The media no longer reports the news - they make it!
I see that, ok but we are never going to find sources that we agree on, but i still think that the majority of opinion around the world is anti-bush
One of the sources was talking about a non-partisan poll of people around the world

Willoughby said:
I see that, ok but we are never going to find sources that we agree on, but i still think that the majority of opinion around the world is anti-bush
One of the sources was talking about a non-partisan poll of people around the world

I can't speak for the whole rest of the world, only the people and parts I have seen. Also,.....

I know Koffi Annon hates us/Bush since we exposed him and his son as Black Marketeers and Criminals.

I know Jacques Chirac hates us for exposing his making personal millions in the Oil-4-Food Scandal.

I know France hates Bush for us exposing the fact that they have been supplying weapons to the Muslims committing genocide in Africa. (Of course, France hates EVERYONE not French!)

I know China and Russia hates Bush for our exposing their part in the oil-4-Food scandal.

I know Russia hates us for exposing the fact that they initially had troops and 'systems' on the ground during the early stages of the Iraq war to actually try to help Hussein's military defeat our laser-guided missiles, resulting in the deaths of Amrican Special Ops guys who had to go in and take down some sites the hard way!

I know Hussein hates us for killing his perverted, sick sons and ending his rape, torture, and murdering oppressive regime in Iraq!

I know the Iraqi people are glad to be out from under Hussein. Since you guys like polls so much, CNN just stated a few minutes ago on TV that recent polls in Afghanistan and Iraq show that people are more optimistic about their own countries than Americans are about them, that they are excited to be building their new democratic govts!

I know the Chinese Military LOVES Clinton compared to Bush, as they got the technology to finally be able to hit the u.S. with their nukes for only a few million into Clinton's campaign contributions!

I know North korea loves Clinton, who gave them the nuclear material they have built their own nukes with. (Clinton offered North Korea the nuclear material necessary to build nuclear plants they requested.......which they never used for nuclear PLANTS!)

I know Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and Bin Laden hate us/Bush and prefer Clinton, a President who gave them free rein and never bothered them after they killed a few Americans in attack after attack!

Yeah, there is quite a bit of the world that likes Clinton more than Bush!

Ok so thats 7 nations (not even there populations..sometimes just their leaders)..and a couple of international orgainisations

...what about the rest?

Willoughby said:
Ok so thats 7 nations (not even there populations..sometimes just their leaders)..and a couple of international orgainisations

...what about the rest?

That is my point about the articles posted above that supposedly say the WORLD likes Clinton more than Bush....its all opinionated stuff, again like the Washington Post posting several blurbs/papers around the world saying they don't like 'Bush' and saying they speak for their entire countries! Not realistic/credible!

Iriemon said:
If Clinton had purposely misled the American people, cherry picked and misrepresented intellegence, and put US troops on the ground in an ill thought out action, I'd criticize him for that too.

LMFAO Clinton didn't even go to congress to ask for permission to deploy the troops. You know like Bush did with two Joint Resolutions of Congress before the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Ya that's right Clinton didn't bother to get permission from Congress first you know like the Constitution and the War Powers Resolution of 1973 demand he do. Talk about your imperialist presidency.

Iriemon said:
zzzzzzzzzz

Can't handle the facts I see.

This was your first post concerning Clinton (remember YOU started it I only replied to you) and this IS a thread about Clinton.

What, exactly, was Clinton's lie to the grand jury?

In his grand jury testimony, Clinton did his best to avoid sexual specifics by reading a generalized statement that, although he and the former intern had "inappropriate intimate contact," they did not have "sexual relations" as he understood that term to be used by the Jones lawyers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...none122098.htm

Was that it?

I responded with the facts and your retort was that I was obessed wiht Clinton for responding to YOUR post about Clinton in a thread ABOUT CLinton. In fact you seem more obsessed by a factor of 8 to 5. You failed to refute anything I said and in fact got severals things flat out wrong. And then when caught had to engage in name-calling. Suggest you learn the facts about the issue before commenting on them.

Clinton and Terrorism

The problem is that many never do get the 20-20 hindsight because they won't look at the past honestly because their ideology is all wrapped up with their ego and wallet. Let me give you some examples you can check on, so don't flame me right away. I'm not trying to stir you up! Just discussing how people spin history for their own political purposes.

If you remember immediately after 9/11 Newt Gingrich and others started to blame Clinton for 9/11. They wanted to make it look like he did nothing about terrorism and therefore he was responsible for 9/11. They purposely disregarded the actual facts of because they didn’t support their need to “blame Clinton first”.

Now did Clinton do nothing to combat terrorism as most Republicans have been told?

(1.) The first attack on the Twin Towers (WTC) in 1993 was only 38 days after Clinton took office. Now remember, the terrorists that did that were quickly caught and are in prison today. (2.) A plot was thwarted to kill the Pope. (3.) A plot was thwarted to blow up 12 U.S. airliners. 4.) A plot was thwarted to attack the FBI building. (5.) A plot was thwarted to attack the Israeli Embassy in D.C.. (6.) A plot was thwarted to attack the L.A. airport. (7.) A plot was thwarted to attack the Boston airport. (8.) A plot was thwarted to attack the Lincoln and Holland tunnels. (9.) A plot was thwarted to attack the George Washington Bridge. (10.) A plot was thwarted to truck bomb he U.S. Embassy in Tirana, Albania. Clinton struck targets in Sudan and Afghanistan with tomahawk missiles to retaliate for attacks on our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. Gingrich said, “By doing this we are signaling that there are no sanctuaries for terrorists! Later Gingrich reversed his story for political advantage! After the attack of the USS Cole Clinton appointed Richard Clarke to crate a comprehensive plan to destroy Al Qaeda which was handed to President Bush and not implemented. Clinton issued a presidential directive ordering the assassination of Osama Bin Laden clarifying Reagan’s executive order 12333 preventing assassinations.

Clinton tripled the anti terrorism budget for the FBI and doubled it overall. He created a top security coordinator and we destroyed Al Qaeda cells in over 25 countries. He signed anti terrorism legislation and created a stock pile of drugs and vaccines related to terrorist attacks. He got agreements from most countries through good diplomacy to track and stop funding for Al Qaeda.

Two former Reagan counter terrorism officials said the following about Clinton’s record: Robert Oakley said, “Overall I give them very high marks! My only major criticism I have is the obsession with Osama . . . . ”
Paul Bremmer disagreed and said, “he correctly focused on bin Laden.”

No one blamed Bush senior after the first attack of the WTC even though he was the president 38 days earlier. I guess that wouldn’t have been fair. Have you looked back on what really happen during Reagan’s time in office?
The Marine barracks bombings in Beirut (we cut and ran there), Pan Am 103 (500 Americans lost). Our response was on attack on Lybia and an attack on Grenada, which was sort of like hitting a Club Med and taking out the bus boys! We supported dictators with death squads in Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua who raped and killed nuns as long as they claimed to be anti communist. We supplied both Saddam and Osama Bin Ladin with weapons knowing what kind of men they were. After the Russians left Afghanistan and the war between Iraq and Iran was over we just looked the other way.

I'm sorry but anybody trying to make the argument that Clinton was disliked throughout the world during his presidency more than Bush currently is (or has been for the last say 3 years) is just being rediculous. You know that to be a lie and any statement you make to the contrary just furthur discredits you. Whether or not you like Bush or liked Clinton, to make such a ludicrus point is nothing short of shameful.

Now can we please stop the spining and lying and start making points that are not completly opinion based?

P.S. Counting the 3000+ dead from 9/11 as Clinton's fault and not asigning blame to Bush is also shameful. Both presidents were warned about Al Quida but Bush was specifically warned that Al Quida terrorists were going to fly planes into targetted buildings and he ignored it. This is a factual matter even admitted by Mrs. Rice herself. Documents are there to prove it so please don't try to spin this one away.

Mr. D said:
Clinton and Terrorism

(1.) The first attack on the Twin Towers (WTC) in 1993 was only 38 days after Clinton took office. Now remember, the terrorists that did that were quickly caught and are in prison today.

Well all but one in the second attempt were killed in that attempt and the one that wasn't was quickly caught and is being sentenced.

So the question is what did each do AFTER the respective attacks.

(2.) A plot was thwarted to kill the Pope. (3.) A plot was thwarted to blow up 12 U.S. airliners. 4.) A plot was thwarted to attack the FBI building. (5.) A plot was thwarted to attack the Israeli Embassy in D.C.. (6.) A plot was thwarted to attack the L.A. airport. (7.) A plot was thwarted to attack the Boston airport. (8.) A plot was thwarted to attack the Lincoln and Holland tunnels. (9.) A plot was thwarted to attack the George Washington Bridge. (10.) A plot was thwarted to truck bomb he U.S. Embassy in Tirana, Albania.

That's a lot of "twarting" isn't it. Seems the terrorist were quite active in trying to hit us, how about the attacks we didn't "twart" because the terrorist were still operational?

Clinton struck targets in Sudan and Afghanistan with tomahawk missiles to retaliate for attacks on our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

So minor retaliation and what did that accomplish, more attacks to "twart" more attacks to succeed. How many of our embassys have the terrorist attacked since Bush went after them with overwhelming force?

After the attack of the USS Cole

Hmmmm they then attacked one of our warships, another act of war, and what was Clintons response, did he show the resolve to put them out of business? How many of our warships have been attacked since Bush went after them?

Clinton appointed Richard Clarke to crate a comprehensive plan to destroy Al Qaeda which was handed to President Bush and not implemented.

So finally after EIGHT YEARS Clinton decided to come up with a plan? And it doesn't appear Bush needed Clintons plans and he would have been a fool to listen to his adice after the previous eight years.

Clinton issued a presidential directive ordering the assassination of Osama Bin Laden clarifying Reagan’s executive order 12333 preventing assassinations.

Clinton was always good at saying things, but what did he do about it?

Clinton tripled the anti terrorism budget for the FBI and doubled it overall. He created a top security coordinator and we destroyed Al Qaeda cells in over 25 countries.

But not enought to stop them from attacking us, he never went after the leaders nor showed the resolve to destroy them.

He signed anti terrorism legislation and created a stock pile of drugs and vaccines related to terrorist attacks.

Oh let them attack and we will just deal with it later.

He got agreements from most countries through good diplomacy to track and stop funding for Al Qaeda.

Which proved worthless.

We supported dictators with death squads in Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua who raped and killed nuns as long as they claimed to be anti communist.

Because the other guys were worse, like during WW2 when we support Stalin over Hitler.

We supplied both Saddam and Osama Bin Ladin with weapons knowing what kind of men they were.

No we didn't.

After the Russians left Afghanistan and the war between Iraq and Iran was over we just looked the other way.

We didn't take sides because we didn't want either to defeat the other.

Back
Top Bottom