• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Clinton Legacy

Hmmmm

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
How can anyone support the Clintons? It baffles me. They've been putting America on the auction block for almost 20+ years.

The Real Clinton Legacy.jpg

They are more big business than anyone who ever held the office. And Democrats fall for them like Justin Bieber.

How can anyone support the Clintons? It baffles me. They've been putting America on the auction block for almost 20+ years.

View attachment 67199900

Oops. Newbie mistake. You posted this in the wrong forum. Don't sweat it. I have been here for years, and still make that mistake once in a while. Just try not to post in the wrong forum. Why am I telling you this? I am perhaps one of the biggest screw ups in that department. :mrgreen:

And, BTW, welcome to Debate Politics. :)

P. T. Barnum was right.

View attachment 67199900

It is telling how many of those things were initiated and heavily supported by Republicans in Congress at the time. We have Phil Gramm who wrote the banking deregulation legislation and H.W. Bush who signed NAFTA before Clinton did. The lesson is it is a mistake for Clinton to EVER work with Republicans and a blessing that the GOP refused to work with Obama. The GOP is poison for America and American workers. Big surprise.

Last edited:
P. T. Barnum was right.

And interestingly the industry he is credited with spawning, public relations, has sanitized the saying you are referring to.

It is now claimed he never said it, based on statements from those who knew him who actually just said that "there's a sucker born every minute" didn't mean in circus folk vernacular what "sucker" came to mean later.

The term sucker, like rube and yokel, were terms used by those who raked up the elephant poop for customers amazed by elephants.

So his contemporaries never actually said he never said it.

But that's what is claimed now if you look the quote up.

Which is food for thought.

View attachment 67199900

That is totally right. The thing is that the competition is even more dangerous to the natiin.

They are more big business than anyone who ever held the office. And Democrats fall for them like Justin Bieber.

Very interesting comparison.

Yeah, trade doesn't create and/or support millions of jobs. It's a completely one sided proposition. Also, disregard all positions added during Clinton's Presidency. That's some complete picture you've created there.:)

The Republican equivalent would be Reagan.

View attachment 67199900

I think they are both intelligent, talented, and willing to perform public service.

I think most of the people who hate them...or who are baffled by why so many people support them...

...are clueless.

I think they are both intelligent, talented, and willing to perform public service.

I think most of the people who hate them...or who are baffled by why so many people support them...

...are clueless.

I would agree they are both intelligent. But they are also two of the most unethical, self centered, self serving people on this planet. They do not care about you or me. They care about their own personal power and influence. That is it.

...are clueless.

If they are clueless Frank, you are most gullible and easily led.

I would agree they are both intelligent. But they are also two of the most unethical, self centered, self serving people on this planet. They do not care about you or me. They care about their own personal power and influence. That is it.

I think Bill Clinton was an excellent president for this country...and I am pretty sure Hillary Clinton will be just as good when she is president.

If they are clueless Frank, you are most gullible and easily led.

As I said above...I think Bill Clinton was an excellent president...and I think Hillary will be a fine one also.

View attachment 67199900

I don't know how anyone of rational mind supports them. They are just corporate politicians.

As I said above...I think Bill Clinton was an excellent president...and I think Hillary will be a fine one also.

If one is to believe Juanita Broaddrick, as covered by 60 Minutes way back then, candidate Clinton raped her in her room at the Holiday Inn in Little Rock as they planned political strategy. I found her story to be quite persuasive.

If her story is true, then what the Clinton administrations demonstrated was that an unconvicted rapist can run the White House as well as anybody else.

I'd have to agree with this over Fank's take on the Clintons.

IMHO they are the most most corrupt and power hungry, unethical, conflict of interest blind on purpose and dangerous, frankly, people who have ever been at the seat of power. Both of them are peddling their power and influence to foreign powers, just have to look at their foundation's (slush fund) receipts and the context that surrounds them.

I cannot possible think of a situation that would find me voting for Hillary, with the possible exception of being on a jury and voting guilty.

If one is to believe Juanita Broaddrick, as covered by 60 Minutes way back then, candidate Clinton raped her in her room at the Holiday Inn in Little Rock as they planned political strategy. I found her story to be quite persuasive.

If her story is true, then what the Clinton administrations demonstrated was that an unconvicted rapist can run the White House as well as anybody else.

Whatever Bill Clinton did or did not do along those lines is whatever he did or did not do. But the bottom line is that he was a fine president...and I expect Hillary Clinton to be a fine president also.

View attachment 67199900

The Clinton Legacy:

The greatest period of economic growth during peacetime in U.S. history.

The 2nd greatest period of economic growth during anytime in U.S. history.

Over 20 million new jobs.

The poverty rate hitting its lowest level in U.S. history.

Greater median income growth than any other time since before 1980.

Budget surpluses.

In terms of economic performance, the only president to outperform Clinton was LBJ.

And before you credit congress with all that, it was the same congress when he left office that was in there when he was in office yet economic performance was not nearly as good. What changed was the president.

After living through what we have since Clinton left office, I guarantee you if he could run again he would win in a landslide. After all, he left office with the highest approval ratings of any president since FDR.

Anyone that lived and worked in the USA during the Clinton years that hates Bill Clinton would bitch if they were hung with a new rope.

Whatever Bill Clinton did or did not do along those lines is whatever he did or did not do. But the bottom line is that he was a fine president...and I expect Hillary Clinton to be a fine president also.

Repealing Glass-Steagall was a dumb move. So he's either really stupid, but more likely just doing the bidding of his special interest contributors. Repealing G-S hurt the country in a very big way, and signing its repeal is the sign of a lousy POTUS, whether stupid or corrupt, it doesn't matter.

Ditto NAFTA, ditto all the Big Pharma special favors he did.

Repealing Glass-Steagall was a dumb move. So he's either really stupid, but more likely just doing the bidding of his special interest contributors. Repealing G-S hurt the country in a very big way, and signing its repeal is the sign of a lousy POTUS, whether stupid or corrupt, it doesn't matter.

Ditto NAFTA, ditto all the Big Pharma special favors he did.

He was a fine president, Thoreau...better than any Republican president since Dwight Eisenhower.

Back
Top Bottom