• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The chosen were chosen for what purpose

weprayforusall

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
My search engine found this site by mistake and now after visiting it I am not so sure; so, I came here looking for the ones in the know
The site confused me and I need clarity of purpose; HELP ME !!

Page 8

Thou shalt not kill (LXX; οὐ φονεύσεις), You shall not murder (Hebrew לֹאתִּרְצָח lo tirṣaḥ) or You shall not kill (KJV), is a moral imperative included as one of the Ten Commandments in the Torah,[1] specifically Exodus 20:13 and Deuteronomy 5:17.

They were chosen to show us the way,
to show us how to treat the stranger,
how to be compassionate
and loving to your neighbor
and by doing so
peace would envelope the world
by their example​

WHAT'S YOUR VIEW

My search engine found this site by mistake and now after visiting it I am not so sure; so, I came here looking for the ones in the know
The site confused me and I need clarity of purpose; HELP ME !!

Page 8

Thou shalt not kill (LXX; οὐ φονεύσεις), You shall not murder (Hebrew לֹאתִּרְצָח lo tirṣaḥ) or You shall not kill (KJV), is a moral imperative included as one of the Ten Commandments in the Torah,[1] specifically Exodus 20:13 and Deuteronomy 5:17.

how to be compassionate
and by doing so
by their example​

WHAT'S YOUR VIEW

wait-what-1.jpg

Have you become lost???

Are you seeking the Theology section?

Or maybe a better English translator ?

What on Earth are you asking/talking about?

how to be compassionate
and by doing so
by their example​

WHAT'S YOUR VIEW

Well somehow I have a tough time reconciling all that with the command:

"Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"
-1 Samuel 15:3

Well somehow I have a tough time reconciling all that with the command:

"Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"
-1 Samuel 15:3

The true Lord would never, never order the killing of another, no, nada zip.
You have to go no further than the Ten Commandments to know this.
Ten Commandments
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

But the devil appears in a white cloth with the snake hidden beneath.

The true Lord would never, never order the killing of another, no, nada zip.
You have to go no further than the Ten Commandments to know this.
Ten Commandments
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

But the devil appears in a white cloth with the snake hidden beneath.

So you think 1 Samuel 15:3 should be ignored as fake news? :lamo

The chosen are the twelve tribes of Judaism. taac doesn't like that.

So you think 1 Samuel 15:3 should be ignored as fake news? :lamo
1 Samuel 15:3
King James Version

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
https://tinyurl.com/y3r6jkm7

Biblical verses are written by persons and some persons have an agenda the is bad in nature. The author of 1 Samuel 15:3 Is one of those persons.

But that is just me talking, if you believe murdering people is fine then believe;

Has there every been a society of people that DIDN'T think they were the special humans?

Has there every been a society of people that DIDN'T think they were the special humans?
yes, all except one, the chosen, who were chosen to set an example for others to follow.

Sadly, they chose the wrong path

Such is life

The chosen one:

MBJxOcd.jpg

who are the chosen?
(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Jews or Jewish people are an ethnoreligious group and a nation, originating from the Israelites and Hebrews of historical Israel and Judah. Jewish ethnicity, nationhood, and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the ethnic religion of the Jewish people, while its observance varies from strict observance to complete nonobservance.

Jews as the chosen people in Judaism, "chosenness" is the belief that the Jews, via descent from the ancient Israelites, are the chosen people, i.e. chosen to be in a covenant with God. The idea of the Israelites being chosen by God is found most directly in the Book of Deuteronomy as the verb baḥar (בָּחַ֣ר (Hebrew)), and is alluded to elsewhere in the Hebrew Bible using other terms such as "holy people". Much is written about these topics in rabbinic literature. The three largest Jewish denominations—Orthodox Judaism, Conservative Judaism and Reform Judaism—maintain the belief that the Jews have been chosen by God for a purpose. Sometimes this choice is seen as charging the Jewish people with a specific mission—to be a light unto the nations, and to exemplify the covenant with God as described in the Torah.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_as_the_chosen_people

Last edited:
(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

hang on now. there are religious texts dating back to almost the beginning of time. have you read them all?

hang on now. there are religious texts dating back to almost the beginning of time. have you read them all?
The beginning of time was a very, very long time ago making your statement a bit off--
Scholars generally agree that the earliest form of writing appeared almost 5,500 years ago in Mesopotamia (present-day Iraq). Early pictorial signs were gradually substituted by a complex system of characters representing the sounds of Sumerian (the language of Sumer in Southern Mesopotamia) and other languages
https://tinyurl.com/y35spnkx

Back
Top Bottom