• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Chimera Of British Antisemitism

You have the same argument as the OP, "read my crap, it proves we're all in danger of the Jews".

Well, Finkelstein certainly was. His teaching career destroyed by a probable pedophile, ostracized in his own country, forced to accept menial positions for lesser pay- Norman Finkelstein is the poster child for what happens to people who disobey the machine. But like most subjects you comment on, it's safe to assume you're blissfully unaware of everything I just wrote, and unconcerned about doing any research into it.

Last edited:
The Chimera of British Antisemitism is an ,imo , amazing and thought provoking essay by Norman Finkelstein regarding the alleged rise in antisemitism in Britain

https://www.versobooks.com/blogs/39...itism-and-how-not-to-fight-it-if-it-were-real

I thought the comments about what is cast as antisemitism are enlightening insomuch as if you dare to tell the truth about certain things you will be caught in the net. A net that is a catch as many as you can , regardless , in a bid to prove the claim , regardless

When I see Right Wing American Nazis bash Liberals as antisemitic for holding empathetic views about certain cultures which happen to be in conflict with the Netanyahuan point of view, I know the term has lost its bite.

When I see Right Wing American Nazis bash Liberals as antisemitic for holding empathetic views about certain cultures which happen to be in conflict with the Netanyahuan point of view, I know the term has lost its bite.

Finkelstein is a left wing progressive, as is the author of the OP. Run along now.

The ultimate irony is that the clamour over antisemitism in the Labour Party centres around them being bounced into accepting new rules on party membership which are far in excess of what is necessary. The barrage of complaints comes from the right of the Tory partyu which has no such rules, and a much bigger but ignored problem with antisemitism.

The ultimate irony is that the clamour over antisemitism in the Labour Party centres around them being bounced into accepting new rules on party membership which are far in excess of what is necessary. The barrage of complaints comes from the right of the Tory partyu which has no such rules, and a much bigger but ignored problem with antisemitism.
This does seem to be the global trend.

Well, Finkelstein certainly was. His teaching career destroyed by a probable pedophile, ostracized in his own country, forced to accept menial positions for lesser pay- Norman Finkelstein is the poster child for what happens to people who disobey the machine. But like most subjects you comment on, it's safe to assume you're blissfully unaware of everything I just wrote, and unconcerned about doing any research into it.

A whole lot of accusations.... Anything to back them up?

Finkelstein will be the first to admit to the helplessness he has felt when those of a political bent different to his own have used his work. Seen him answer that exact question and he says it an unfortunate part of putting his stuff out there.

The term has and continues to " lose it's bite " because of it's misuse and overuse by those using it as a card to silence critics of Israeli policies and actions. Even Jewish people themselves aren't free from being smeared with it. Their criticisms being dismissed as " self hate " . The only conclusion being that any criticism of Israeli policies or actions must be pigeon-holed as deriving from a hatred.

In the essay Finkelstein makes a series of observations about the use of , by Jewish groups , the " elasticity " of antisemitism in a very revealing way, which explains why the so-called rise in antisemitism in the UK Jewish population is not based on the reality but on the opportunism that perception offers to some of the Jewish leaders/groups .

Generalizations on certain groups are often true and no groups are free from them with exceptions ( to those rules ) being added to cover all cases. In this regard the Jewish group are no different. If we look at how well represented they are in the rich people of ,say , the US or UK , is it " antisemitic " to actually say so ? If that wealth is used to lobby national governments is it " antisemitic " to say so. In short , are we forced to lie about reality in order to protect ourselves from being daubed with a racist card ?

It's an interesting subject that should trump debate of which poster said what and why. Sadly that is all that has happened thus far and has been allowed to happen to the detriment of the forums credibility imho

But , alas , it is what it is :)

Well , MS , we all should be able to see that the inclusion of any criticism of Israel being counted as " antisemitism " will be sure to up the numbers of cases of " antisemitism "itself , thus creating a better situation for certain groups/individuals to manipulate things like we have already seen with the crazy situation regarding Corbyn in particular and Labour in general

Well , MS , we all should be able to see that the inclusion of any criticism of Israel being counted as " antisemitism " will be sure to up the numbers of cases of " antisemitism "itself , thus creating a better situation for certain groups/individuals to manipulate things like we have already seen with the crazy situation regarding Corbyn in particular and Labour in general

They've hamstrung themselves with a regulation which their own Jewish members said was unnecessary and unworkable.

Looks like the OP is just an ad. Well, and an ominous warning. I wonder if he got paid.

Well its the European forum, I mean you get all sorts here- like someone posting nothing but pictures of Ukraine.

They've hamstrung themselves with a regulation which their own Jewish members said was unnecessary and unworkable.

I was made up to see the initial resistance but gutted when the pressure paid off and the unacceptable was , ultimately , foisted upon the party

Well its the European forum, I mean you get all sorts here- like someone posting nothing but pictures of Ukraine.

Euros always gotta be special.

Back
Top Bottom