• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Checks and Balances are more of an Allusion than Definite Directives

To answer his question: Google - but also Google Images for charts and diagrams. Just plug in your key words and BINGO!

And look at all the different charts!

Which one is the correct one?!?!?!

Just pick the one that looks pretty?

Think about it. What is Idiometer going to do when his kid uses a simpler chart to explain to dad how the government works?
Idiometer to his son said:
"Well, you know, son, there are a bunch of people in this country, including your teachers, friends, and neighbors, mayors, city council members, senators, representatives, presidents, bureaucrats, and cops, who are not too bright, and have never read the Constitution and the Federalist Papers; and so, they don't know how to make a complete chart of the sophisticated checks and balances that the brilliant founders created when the divine Constitution was composed."

Last edited:
We are a judicial oligarchy for which suggestive subordinate advisers - who can be totally ignored by the judicial all-power czars - are elected.
I believe the correction is the reorganization of the Senate to be comprised of six judges from each state, representing the six main partitions of law (courts): sovereignty, martial, diplomacy, commerce, trust, and property.

So, instead of nine divinely appointed jurists, there will be fifty jurists for each area of law, who are accountable to representing the state laws for the disposition of the federally reviewed cases.

Which is somewhat how the original senate should have been organized, but they did not have the judges, or the ability to specify that it be judges dedicated to their state laws. They thought the idea of the state legislators would lead them to make some amount of effort in that direction, but it was not possible, because the state constitutions and laws are all a mess (unformatted), and lead to the corruption and indecision that lead to the Seventeenth Amendment.

Last edited:
6555451.jpg
Notice the check on the legislature that the court has - "power to declare legislation to be unconstitutional."

That's odd, if you think about - how did the legislation get enacted - overwhelming delusion - mass hysteria???

Can the legislature then override the judicial ruling, like when the legislature overrides the president's veto???

I feel ask though we've been asked to perform a seventh grader's homework assignment or some such....
You don't have to do anything - most of the people in this forum didn't do anything to fulfill the inquiry of the post - you just felt that it was an easy question to answer, and stepped into my "trap." This checks and balances is unreliable and the bureaucracy appointment process is abused for partisan strategies that wastes our time and subsequently, causes hysteria and frustration among the common citizens who have erroneous ideas as to how to fix it, that never get explained, or tried.

Why so many books - why don't the government charters explain the checks and balances with in the context of the charter? Certainly, if we were to initiate a convention, in modern America, to rewrite the constitution, we would not be limited to a couple of broadsheets of text - would we???

I mean the disclaimers, and license agreements, of our cell phones is longer than the Constitution and in finer print - you can fit it all in your wallet.

You think I haven't read the Constitution??? You are probably someone who claims that such and such congress member has not read the Constitution, either - aren't you???

I'll bet your wife, and children, and your siblings, have a different interpretation of the Constitution than you do; and because of the differing interpretations and your inability to accept that that is because it is ambiguous, the best you can conclude is that people have not read it.

The Federalist Papers, are you serious, you understand the Federalist Papers?!?!?! Ask the people you know, and care about, if they understand the Federalist Papers. Do you think the ghetto dwellers understand the Federalist Papers - the almighty and brilliant Constitution?!?!?!

Because the government does not mandate it, because some of the politicians know the government organization is a mess, and that it needs to be reordered.

The foundation of the government was in a different era of sophistication and technology - and the system is inadequate for the expectations of a more sophisticated society that expects a better formulated system that graduates social engineering techniques.

I don't care if you are being snarky to me, ultimately, I win, because I figured out the problem and solution. We need a new government model (format) that correctly subdivides the three parts and aligns the responsibilities of the courts, legislatures, and security divisions.

I am years ahead of you, and you have no idea how privileged you are to encounter me - I will be the name associated with the successor to the almighty United States Constitution.

Wow. Okay, from the top.

The founders wanted to keep it as simple as possible, knowing that later generations would pass amendments or perhaps even rewrite the whole thing. Lawyers were not as voracious back then, it was a simpler time.

The only reason I thought perhaps you hadn't read it was because of what you wrote yourself. I don't make those judgments on congress unless they are absolute buffoons and show their ignorance. For example, Devin Nunes' recent action of taking social media like Twitter to court because they were "letting people say mean things about him" or something like that is a pretty good indication that he, at least, does not understand the 1st Amendment.

I don't have a wife, I have an ex husband, and one child who is now a grown man. (Hint: my avatar is not a pic of me, it's a favorite fictional character played by an actor named Nathan Fillion. I'm not male.)

I can't speak for everyone here, but most people who participate on forums like this do at least try to read the Federalist Papers, since the founders wrote them specifically to explain why they gave us this constitution, and/or what the birth of a democratic republic meant to them. No other nation on the planet had a government like the one they created. People ruling themselves without monarchs or dictators was still a novel concept. A few send me down the rabbit hole, but most of it is very straightforward. It's highly recommended reading.

I agree with you that we need to make a lot of adjustments for the modern era. As Thomas Jefferson said, “Laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”

You win? What did you win, exactly? I was not aware that this was a contest. I thought it was a civil political discussion between two grownups.

As for that last statement:

:lamo

The founders wanted to keep it as simple as possible, knowing that later generations would pass amendments or perhaps even rewrite the whole thing.
Let's get there

Lawyers were not as voracious back then, it was a simpler time.
Anybody who was literate was considered a lawyer back then - more reason for a new constitution.

The only reason I thought perhaps you hadn't read it was because of what you wrote yourself. I don't make those judgments on congress unless they are absolute buffoons and show their ignorance. For example, Devin Nunes' recent action of taking social media like Twitter to court because they were "letting people say mean things about him" or something like that is a pretty good indication that he, at least, does not understand the 1st Amendment.
More reason for a new constitution - something is awry if so many people "do not understand it."

I can't speak for everyone here, but most people who participate on forums like this do at least try to read the Federalist Papers, since the founders wrote them specifically to explain why they gave us this constitution, and/or what the birth of a democratic republic meant to them. No other nation on the planet had a government like the one they created. People ruling themselves without monarchs or dictators was still a novel concept. A few send me down the rabbit hole, but most of it is very straightforward. It's highly recommended reading.
It is very difficult reading - most people are not going to bother trying to understand language that was composed for a different era of literacy.

I agree with you that we need to make a lot of adjustments for the modern era. As Thomas Jefferson said, “Laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”
Let's get there

You win? What did you win, exactly? I was not aware that this was a contest. I thought it was a civil political discussion between two grownups.
The first person who generates an organizational plan for the Fourth Continental Congress (civil political discussion between adults), will win the discussion between adults.

Let's get there

Anybody who was literate was considered a lawyer back then - more reason for a new constitution.

More reason for a new constitution - something is awry if so many people "do not understand it."

It is very difficult reading - most people are not going to bother trying to understand language that was composed for a different era of literacy.

Let's get there

The first person who generates an organizational plan for the Fourth Continental Congress (civil political discussion between adults), will win the discussion between adults.

That last? Nice backpedalling.

Back
Top Bottom