• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Charlottesville Lie (Short Video)

All 3 articles point out Trump condemning neonazi's and white supremacists. You are correct that the articles point out Trump drawing an equivalence between the protesters and counter protesters. That is a far cry from the video's claim that these outlets are claiming Trump said "Neonazi's are very fine people" and ran headlines with that claim after Trump's statement condemning them.

The headlines use the "very fine people" in quotes out of context right in them!

The headlines use the "very fine people" in quotes out of context right in them!

That explains why they include Trump condemning neonazi's/white supremacists in the article rather than omitting it.

Nasty hateful attack on people who voted for a different candidate.
Pushing crap propaganda every single day. The left are ones lying about what happened....... Open your eyes fox

I dont need a trump drone to tell me to open my eyes. I do my own research. Saying “just because people voted for a different candidate is just another tactic you people use because you refuse to take responsibility for anything. Its like your entire identity would melt at the slightest moment you are caught on defense. No its not just a disagreement, you people have been the ones that attack everyone that disagree with you, even going so far as to cheer on advocacy for totalitarian measures. You call everything that is not positive about Trump fake news and far left media and you lie constantly. Your ilk is the one desperate to push the rest of the countryeven further into crazy far right territory. You expect respect but give none. I stand by my statement and always will. You are not “just a fan of someone i disagree with”.

Last edited:
Words to explain your reaction would be helpful.

You obviously failed to watch the video.

LOL! Why ask for what you, yourself, never supply?

twump is a lifelong simpering *****, always whining that he's not being treated fairly, things are 'rigged' against him and lying through his teeth.

I can see why conservatives like you literally worship him as a god.

Oh I've seen the video.. PragerU is garbage and the video I've posted breaks down why the video you're posting from them is horse****.

PragerU isn't garbage but your favorite CNN propagandist is.

PragerU isn't garbage but your favorite CNN propagandist is.

Shaun is a CNN propagandist? Like wtf? Hes just another youtuber kinda like i am, though shaun is a lot better at it than i am. Wow you are more conspiracy obsessed than i ever could. You literally knee jerked fox news propaganda.

August 17.

I just want to know if you acknowledge that his "very fine people" comment and him saying “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” were not only made at the same press conference, but were made less than a minute apart?

Based on what I've previously read, It seemed you were under the mistaken impression that the 2 comments were made a few days apart when they weren't, and I just want to know for future reference if you now understand that they were actually made at the same press conference, less than a minute apart... I don't like accusing you of lying, which I have done several times recently over this very issue. I'm hoping that you acknowledge the truth and realize you made a mistake, which we all do from time to time. If that's the case, then I apologize for accusing you of lying.

I just want to know if you acknowledge that his "very fine people" comment and him saying “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” were not only made at the same press conference, but were made less than a minute apart?

Based on what I've previously read, It seemed you were under the mistaken impression that the 2 comments were made a few days apart when they weren't, and I just want to know for future reference if you now understand that they were actually made at the same press conference, less than a minute apart... I don't like accusing you of lying, which I have done several times recently over this very issue. I'm hoping that you acknowledge the truth and realize you made a mistake, which we all do from time to time. If that's the case, then I apologize for accusing you of lying.

Well there it is. Why is it that nobody but you finally posted that video?

Heather has been gone for 2 years, murdered by a white supremacist. Why do people still defend them?

Well there it is. Why is it that nobody but you finally posted that video?

I posted the transcripts for you last week from the LA Times.

So, regardless of your feelings about Trump, do you now agree that his "very fine people on both sides" comment was not said about neo-Nazi's, white supremacists, or ANTIFA?

I posted the transcripts for you last week from the LA Times.

So, regardless of your feelings about Trump, do you now agree that his "very fine people on both sides" comment was not said about neo-Nazi's, white supremacists, or ANTIFA?

I've stated from the get go that Trump should have worded it better. The damage is already done. Perhaps he should be more careful.

I've stated from the get go that Trump should have worded it better. The damage is already done. Perhaps he should be more careful.

Sorry, for some reason I confused you with JustHanging, who refuses to acknowledge the truth.... My mistake.

Sorry, for some reason I confused you with JustHanging, who refuses to acknowledge the truth.... My mistake.

I do the same myself. I have no idea if Trump is racist or likes the white supremacists. I can't read his mind. But I always check out the claims to see if they're true or not. What is true is that a politician should be careful with their words.

I do the same myself. I have no idea if Trump is racist or likes the white supremacists. I can't read his mind. But I always check out the claims to see if they're true or not. What is true is that a politician should be careful with their words.

Trump??? Careful with his words???

LMMFAO

Trump can be called a whole lot of things, but he's no racist or white supremacist. He's been in the public spotlight for many decades, so if he was we'd have known about it long ago. Hell, he was even honored by Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Push coalition not to many years ago.

Trump??? Careful with his words???

LMMFAO

Trump can be called a whole lot of things, but he's no racist or white supremacist. He's been in the public spotlight for many decades, so if he was we'd have known about it long ago. Hell, he was even honored by Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Push coalition not to many years ago.

Like I said, I have no idea. Personally I don't think he racist.

Words to explain your reaction would be helpful.

You obviously failed to watch the video.

I watched both videos, and have read through this thread up to this point. Here is a brief summation of the arguments of each video (note that the second video is roughly three times as long as the Prager video):

Prager: The MSM widely reported that Trump had claimed that there were fine people among the Neo-nazis/white supremacists, when in fact he later clarified that he was saying there were fine people among the peaceful protesters who wanted the statue to remain, and that he condemned the Neo-nazis/white supremacists--a fact that, says Prager, the MSM conveniently leave out.

The second video argues in response that the MSM actually did report Trump's remarks correctly, and shows clips from the websites of ABC, CNN, CBS, WaPo, NYT, NPR, etc. to show that these organizations did report Trumps remarks correctly. It goes on to point out that the press conference in question was not the first one Trump gave, and his first remarks were rather more ambiguous and sought to draw a moral equivalence between the racists and their counter-protestors--specifically claiming that there was hatred, bigotry, and violence on "many sides" (keeping in mind, of course, that the only murder to take place was committed by a white supremacist against an apparently non-violent protester). He did not, in those first remarks, draw any fine distinctions about different groups in the "Unite the Right" protests and seems to have refused to condemn the racist protesters. Indeed, in other communications with the press, he did much the same thing, condemning the racist groups when reading from a script, while seeming to confuse the issue when he went off script. Indeed, the press conference in which he explicitly condemned the racist groups appears to have been capitulation to pressure from within his own party, and not any sincere condemnation. The Prager video fails to mention any of this, making it seem as if the press conference at which Trump did issue the condemnation was the first communication he had made on the subject.

Furthermore, the second video goes on to point out that it's questionable--indeed, highly unlikely--there were any of the "quiet" protesters Trump tried to claim there were. There was a candle-light vigil...held by Neo-nazis. The advertising for the protest made clear that it was organized by Neo-nazi/white supremacist groups. There doesn't seem to be a case to be made that there were these other protesters who were there to peacefully protest the removal of a statue. There were Neo-nazis and white supremacists who were chanting explicitly racist messages during that candlelight vigil the Prager video graphic seems to show. Hence, Trump claiming there were some "very fine people" on both sides means he was indeed saying there were some very fine Neo-nazis/white supremacists, since there were only two sides, and no one else on the side of leaving the statue up.

It seems to me that the second video thoroughly dismantles the argument of the first.

Did Zimmer really post a PragerU video denying the Charlottesville rally was organized by neo-nazis?

Did that cuck Prager not see a bunch of khaki wearing, torch bearing white guys screaming that Jews wouldn't replace them the day before a neo-nazi ran over 2-3 dozen folks?

Lol, who else does PragerU think was defending a slave owners tributes from the early 20th century? Good people on the side of neo-nazis?

Last question: Is PragerU like the University of Phoenix or more like Trump University?

Sent from the Matrioshka in the WH Christmas tree.

Heather has been gone for 2 years, murdered by a white supremacist. Why do people still defend them?

I don't see anyone defending actual white supremacists. The objection is to having the term applied to people who don't deserve it.

I don't see anyone defending actual white supremacists. The objection is to having the term applied to people who don't deserve it.

/// I don'r see anyone defending actual white supremacists. //// You've never seen, heard of, or listened to David Duke speak ?

Last edited:
/// I don'r see anyone defending actual white supremacists. //// You've never seen, heard of, or listened to David Duke speak ?

The post to which I responded seemed to be making the claim that someone on this thread was defending white supremacists. I don't believe I saw David Duke post here.

The evidence is in the video I've replied with. I don't care if you don't watch it, it's for the other people who view this thread that are capable of critical thinking. But since you've said I haven't provided "one iota of evidence."

The main argument in the PragerU video is that the MSM lied about Trump by omission of information. PragerU provides absolutely no evidence for this claim and expects viewers to take their word.

PragerU claims that ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, The Times, and WAPO all spread "malicious lies."

* ABC news posts about Trump condemning neo-nazis. They spread Trump's condemnation.
* CBS news posts about Trump condemning neo-nazis. They spread Trump's condemnation.
* NBC news posts about Trump condemning neo-nazis. They spread Trump's condemnation.
* NPR posts about Trump condemning neo-nazis. They spread Trump's condemnation.
* The Times posts about Trump condemning neo-nazis. They spread Trump's condemnation.
* WAPO posts about Trump condemning neo-nazis. They spread Trump's condemnation.
* PragerU has only one actual source in this video and it's from the Times. They are simultaneously citing the Times as evidence for their being "good people" (by citing a quote from an article of one person who said "well i wasn't a Nazi!" whilst claiming they're lying about their coverage of Charlottesville. :lol:
* PragerU presents an incorrect version of the events, leaving out prior statements Trump made on the rally. Trump's first comments on the rally came out on August 12th.

The rally was explicitly organized as a White Supremacist/neonazi rally. See the images attached..

(There's also an archive of the discord server where preparation was made for the rally.. the only people in there were literal nazi's memeing about killing black people and jews.)

View attachment 67261715
View attachment 67261716
View attachment 67261717

The constant false flags by progressives who think they are clever is pathetic.

It’s a shame when the truth fails to penetrate the titanium skulls of Leftists.
But at least it is titanium. In case of conservatives truth does not penetrate the bone heads because those are already full of crap.

Back
Top Bottom